How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-05-2013
front row

Jina Oh yes, I know (though I bet you looked even better than the model ) Would love to see some photos as well!

Betina Thank you. Everyone just loves that skirt, and it was 8€ at a ... Kind of thrift market/exhibition! And I love your new outfits, that sequin clutch was such a bargain!

26-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Jina Oh yes, I know (though I bet you looked even better than the model ) Would love to see some photos as well!

Betina Thank you. Everyone just loves that skirt, and it was 8€ at a ... Kind of thrift market/exhibition! And I love your new outfits, that sequin clutch was such a bargain!
That's a steal! Never get rid of it! Seeing you makes me want a focused colour scheme as well. The pink looks gorgeous with the basic colours. Colours in my wardrobe are all over the place.

- and thx. Actually I bought it in blue as well. Looks great with my printed H&M trend dress.

28-05-2013
Power to the 99%

Love the evening look especially, betina ... such a fantastic neckline!!

28-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Love the evening look especially, betina ... such a fantastic neckline!!
THX! Love that dress as well - such a scoop. Got loads of compliments on it as well.

Workwear from last week.

- Margit Brandt dress worn as a blouse (Apr. '13)
- Thrifted leather skirt (Aug. '11)
- Costume National brogues (Sep. '10). Love these shoes. So comfy yet in no way boring - and very flattering due to the slim shape, I think)

28-05-2013
fashion insider

^I think those shoes are very flattering as well. Usually I find that flat menswear-inspired shoes shorten the legs, but yours does not.

I don't actually know what you do. I have to wear the most boring uniform at work. I would love to have more freedom to wear more personal outfits, such as your own.

I think that blouse/dress really suits your complexion and hair color.

28-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^I think those shoes are very flattering as well. Usually I find that flat menswear-inspired shoes shorten the legs, but yours does not.

I don't actually know what you do. I have to wear the most boring uniform at work. I would love to have more freedom to wear more personal outfits, such as your own.

Thx a bunch!

I have no clues as to what colours suits me, but now that you made me notice it, I guess you are right.

I work at a mens clothing store. There is no dresscode for me and my one female colleague. We are just expected to dress appropriate which I interpret as being no worn clothes, not showing to much skin and generally looking descent. But really I do not dress that different from when I am on my own time (since I am too lazy to change clothes before/after going to work).

what do you do and what kind of dresscode do you have?

28-05-2013
fashion insider

I am a full time student, but I work part time as a receptionist at a independent seaside hotel. The dress code according to my contract is a black suit with closed shoes and a blue shirt. I interpreted that as a blue shirt with black cropped trousers and ballet flats Nobody has commented on it the two years I have worn it, so I think I got away with it

I hate wearing the same outfit 10-12 days per month, every month, so I wear a different outfit when I travel to and from work. I will not wear a blue dress shirt unless I am being paid to do so

28-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
I am a full time student, but I work part time as a receptionist at a independent seaside hotel. The dress code according to my contract is a black suit with closed shoes and a blue shirt. I interpreted that as a blue shirt with black cropped trousers and ballet flats Nobody has commented on it the two years I have worn it, so I think I got away with it

I hate wearing the same outfit 10-12 days per month, every month, so I wear a different outfit when I travel to and from work. I will not wear a blue dress shirt unless I am being paid to do so
I study as well which also allows me to wear what I want :p

It sounds like you made the best of your dress code - actually sounds rather nice now that you have to wear a blue shirt.

I guess I would change my clothes for work as well if I had a dresscode, but since I do not and have to go straight from school to work and from work to dinner dates etc. it is rather impractical. I am not wearing heels as much as when I did not work since I stand for 4-5 hours straight. Also had to buy a pair of sneakers. I probably would not have done that was it not for my job But I guess I've managed.

28-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Yes!

And loving the shoes. I have a similar black patent leather pair from almost two years ago and I think they are my favourite. I painted the heel black (I always do that with wooden ones).

asos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XXolO.jpg (89.3 KB, 0 views)

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
28-05-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
Yes!

And loving the shoes. I have a similar black patent leather pair from almost two years ago and I think they are my favourite. I painted the heel black (I always do that with wooden ones).

asos
Thx! Really like your shoes as well. So nice with a flat and comfy shoe that is also elegant. And good idea about painting the heel black. I am not all that crazy about wooden heels either.

02-06-2013
front row

Oh Betina, you look great - as usual! And I also love the idea of painting shoes, I wish I had thought of that earlier. Oh, and I have a pair of black oxford too, I wear them all the time, but they're not the best quality unfortunately.

Here is my outfit from yesterday, I'm wearing a H&M dress which I've had for years, and still love and wear today. Probably one of my best buys, I really love it. Put together with an ASOS clutch which I wear loads, and one of my waistcoats which are really versatile! Oh, on my feet I was wearing a pair of lace-up heeled ankle boots, which I've had for a year and I wear probably every other day.

02-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Oh Betina, you look great - as usual! And I also love the idea of painting shoes, I wish I had thought of that earlier. Oh, and I have a pair of black oxford too, I wear them all the time, but they're not the best quality unfortunately.

Here is my outfit from yesterday, I'm wearing a H&M dress which I've had for years, and still love and wear today. Probably one of my best buys, I really love it. Put together with an ASOS clutch which I wear loads, and one of my waistcoats which are really versatile! Oh, on my feet I was wearing a pair of lace-up heeled ankle boots, which I've had for a year and I wear probably every other day.

Thx dear

Really nice outfit! I love the waistcoat over the girly dress and the usual pop of pink!

03-06-2013
trendsetter

One of my fave combinations ATM.

- Thrifted jeans (Feb. '13)
- Filippa K blouse (Apr. '12)
- Snob De Noblesse leather jacket (Feb. '13)
- Prada sunnies (Jul. '12)
- Converse shoes (Apr. '10)

03-06-2013
Power to the 99%

Two very cute outfits! betina, you look Coachella-ready However, you totally forgot the hydrangeas

04-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Two very cute outfits! betina, you look Coachella-ready However, you totally forgot the hydrangeas
I was thinking more in the line of "Rosie the riveter" - actually I had to make my "we can do it" pose :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
45, combinations, french, piece, thread, wardrobe