How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Melisande: You had me at "turquoise velvet"

Betina: Thanks I think I notice and analyse a lot of odd things others don't. We were discussing recessive/dominant genes at school one time, and a friend of mine didn't know if she had detatched ear-lobes or not. I knew what she had, and I don't see how a person could not know this! I can also list which of my friends have the highest to lowest legs-to-torse ratios etc. Until recently, I was sure everyone noticed these kinds of things (I mean, what are you supposed to do with your eyes if not look?)! Oh, well
Well, I am surely ... impressed I would never notice something like that. For example I have trouble recognizing people before I have met them more than a couple of times. I have helped both one of my boyfriends friends and my best friends boyfriend at work without being really sure it was them

30-04-2014
trendsetter

I am really digging that white peplum tee, grey jeans, black ballet flats combi ATM. Wore it again yesterday with my drape leather jacket.

30-04-2014
tfs star

^Maybe it would also work with that fab short cape you were struggeling to wear?

trendsetter

Quote:
^Maybe it would also work with that fab short cape you were struggeling to wear?
I think it would make be look very boxy, but I will definetly try it!

30-04-2014
tfs star

Doesn't a cape look very boxy no matter what?

Power to the 99%

Maybe you need some red leather gloves with the cape to distract you

30-04-2014
trendsetter

^ you are both hilarious

@Eizhowa: you are right. I just think that the ruffle underneath the cape will look even boxier.

30-04-2014
tfs star

You know best

trendsetter

Quote:
You know best
But therefore I am still open to suggestions (;

07-05-2014
backstage pass

Yesterday I took out my sand colored suede jacket that I rarely wear (the weather over here is usually quite unpredictable, not very compatible with light colored suede). The color is very light which makes it a bit harder to wear as outerwear because I do not like it with dark colors. So the outfit I wore contained:
  • sand colored suede jacket (local designer)
  • blue chinos (COS)
  • navy/white striped long sleeve shirt (brand unknown)
  • white/blue sneakers (Nike)

Quite simple, but I haven't been this content with an outfit (let alone one with the suede jacket) in quite a while.
I'm too lazy to find pictures with the items

edit: I just noticed that I already have all of these items at least one year or longer, but for some reason I never wore them in this combination. I might need to spend some time in my wardrobe considering new combination,

Last edited by Fewormany; 07-05-2014 at 04:41 AM.
07-05-2014
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewormany View Post
Yesterday I took out my sand colored suede jacket that I rarely wear (the weather over here is usually quite unpredictable, not very compatible with light colored suede). The color is very light which makes it a bit harder to wear as outerwear because I do not like it with dark colors. So the outfit I wore contained:
  • sand colored suede jacket (local designer)
  • blue chinos (COS)
  • navy/white striped long sleeve shirt (brand unknown)
  • white/blue sneakers (Nike)

Quite simple, but I haven't been this content with an outfit (let alone one with the suede jacket) in quite a while.
I'm too lazy to find pictures with the items

edit: I just noticed that I already have all of these items at least one year or longer, but for some reason I never wore them in this combination. I might need to spend some time in my wardrobe considering new combination,

I have to say I really love the infinite possibility of combinations! I wore something myself the other day that I've never worn before ... a skirt from 2007, a sweater from 2008 or so, a T from a few years back, and shoes from last year. I wasn't completely pleased ... the sweater skews slightly taupe, while the skirt and shoes are shades of tan, warmer, and the T is peach. But a coworker asked me if the sweater was new & said my outfit was pleasing to the eye Good to try something new ...

betina, I think you should go for the floral and just put it away if you get tired of it momentarily. You'll get in a mood where you want it again

07-05-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I have to say I really love the infinite possibility of combinations! I wore something myself the other day that I've never worn before ... a skirt from 2007, a sweater from 2008 or so, a T from a few years back, and shoes from last year. I wasn't completely pleased ... the sweater skews slightly taupe, while the skirt and shoes are shades of tan, warmer, and the T is peach. But a coworker asked me if the sweater was new & said my outfit was pleasing to the eye Good to try something new ...

betina, I think you should go for the floral and just put it away if you get tired of it momentarily. You'll get in a mood where you want it again
That IS a good plan - it just rarely seems to happen to me. Usually when things get packed away, they do not return to my closet. Maybe I am just not done figuring out what I like enough to like it indefinetly.

Sounds like a super cute colour combination!

07-05-2014
Power to the 99%

^ Hmm ... maybe when you have the urge to buy a print, you should buy nail polish instead?

I have things I still wear that are 10 or more years old. Typically if things last that long, it's because I'm not wearing them all the time. I always end up coming back around to them though ... almost always. I have a navy T I've been wearing a fair amount lately ... but probably a few years went by that I didn't touch it.

08-05-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Hmm ... maybe when you have the urge to buy a print, you should buy nail polish instead?

I have things I still wear that are 10 or more years old. Typically if things last that long, it's because I'm not wearing them all the time. I always end up coming back around to them though ... almost always. I have a navy T I've been wearing a fair amount lately ... but probably a few years went by that I didn't touch it.
Perhaps - and that is what I usually do

I have things that I have had for a long time as well - but it is basics; good black dresses, black full skirts, a blazer etc. The only statement-y thing I have had for years and still love is a pair of red satin Karen Millen stilettos. I still wear them for parties, but perhaps I haven't grown tired of them because I wear them so seldomnly. I think that wearing the same things constantly makes me grow tired of them, and I would do that with a sweatshirt. Generally I tend to do certain things for a while; eat the same thing for breakfast, have the same hairdo, wear the same clothes, and then grow tired of them for a while.

Last edited by Betinapple; 08-05-2014 at 12:47 AM.

10-05-2014
trendsetter

Tried to mix things up a bit today and add a little more jewelry than I usually would. I am even wearing my short pistol boots, which I have barely worn this winter. Today I just suddenly felt like wearing them.

I am wearing:
- A black tube skirt (bought so many years ago that I can not remember when, but it was when I was in high school, so probably in the fall of 2008)
- Black peplum tee (bought last month)
- Custommade jacket (January 2014)
- YSL mail clutch (August 2012)
- ACNE Pistol Boots (February 2012)
- Chanel "Rouge Moire" bought a couple of days ago.
- Jewelry: an old necklace, owl ring from my brother, bought in France when we were kids, Björg uncut "diamond" ring, heartring from my boyfriend, silver ring made by myself and my mothers wedding band from when she was married to my father.

Sorry for the many pictures

pic credit: blog.themavenport.com, kirkenskorshaerranders.dk, the beautylookbook.com, nelly.com, huset-shop.com, shop.bjorgjewelry.com, afterdrk.com and my own

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
45, combinations, french, piece, thread, wardrobe