How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2013
trendsetter

@Melisande: It would be great for that purpose! I love how it adds a more casual feel to an outfit than my leather bags.

20-02-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Giiiiirls (and guys) where are you? We need more posters in this thread!
Okay, okay, I'll submit to peer pressure:p Due to the nature of my uni-course I do a lot of self studying and only have to get dressed up once a week, but I am going to university tomorrow and I will try to post what I wear To avoid going mad I get very dressed up everytime I go to the local groceries store

Am I right in assuming this thread is a sort of "What I wore today" thread with a "4-5 pieces ..." twist?

Wouldn't take to long to go through all my outfits. In winter I pretty much wear the same warm clothes all the time. The mere thought of changing it up gives me a cold

Last edited by eizhowa; 20-02-2013 at 01:33 PM.
20-02-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Okay, okay, I'll submit to peer pressure:p Due to the nature of my uni-course I do a lot of self studying and only have to get dressed up once a week, but I am going to university tomorrow and I will try to post what I wear To avoid going mad I get very dressed up everytime I go to the local groceries store

Am I right in assuming this thread is a sort of "What I wore today" thread with a "4-5 pieces ..." twist?

Wouldn't take to long to go through all my outfits. In winter I pretty much wear the same warm clothes all the time. The mere thought of changing it up gives me a cold
I feel ya! I practically wore the same grey woolen full skirt, black wool sweater and sneakers for the entire month in January. Temperatures luckily has changed since.

20-02-2013
front row

Betinapple, you look amazing! I love the second outfit especially, the monochrome where you added a pop of colour with the coat and the hat, really nice. I want to wear something similar now. Your photos are really lovely as well! By the way, could I ask you to join us in the French Wardrobe Shopping List thread in Shop til You Drop? I'd love to know your opinion about your Acne Pistols.

I really wanted to take photos of my outfit too, but I was too tired from working and in a really bad mood, I would probably scowl at the camera (more so than usual :p) I will next time though!

eizhowa I know how you feel, I've even gotten dressed up for the bus ride to work and then changed while I was working. Yes, I guess this thread would be perfect for posting outfits, since the other thread was closed a while ago. It would be even better if we posted what we're working with at the moment and see what we can come up with with those pieces. I'm excited to see/read about your outfit tomorrow!

20-02-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: You are so nice! Thx a lot. These pictures are old and I have pictures of most of my clothes since I used to blog - I am rarely in a photo-mood these days I'll join you right away - I had no idea where that shoppinglist thread you were talking about actually were

20-02-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
Managed to make me hair look real descent and 50's like (think Olivia Newton John in Grease) and pull together an outfit.

I wore this but without the hat and the spectacles, and with the skirt from yesterday (pictured above). My boyfriend though I look real nice and my friend thought I looked like a teacher from the 40's

Pics taken by me.

I am considering going to the attic to find the skirt I am wearing in the first picture of this post but I think it ended up there in the first place because I have worn it so many times that it is not really black anymore. I am considering if it would be possible to make a new one myself. I love that skirt.
so cute!! love your quilted skirt, and trench with the buckle ... that is really darling.

for your skirt, suggest simply dyeing it black again.

20-02-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post

it was really just meant to show the versatility of a compact wardrobe, & what a seasonal wardrobe might look like, with existing & new pieces.

over the years lots of people have announced in the main thread that this would never work for them because it doesn't work for their style [has nothing to do with any one style] or they cannot be seen wearing the same thing every day [i definitely don't--though i do repeat an outfit i liked if i'm seeing totally different people].

21-02-2013
trendsetter

@Ta-ta: thx a lot! I have considered dying the skirt but I share my washing maschine with another tenant so I think that would be bad manners. I'll might ask my mother if I can use hers.

And you are perfectly right about the purpose of this thread. And.. what is actually wrong with wearing the same outfit more than once?

21-02-2013
Power to the 99%

^ or maybe a laundromat?

i just meant i don't wear the same outfit two days running with the same people--unless i get stuck out of town with no extra clothes! but today i wore the same outfit as yesterday with completely different people.

something i actually think is quite fun is to take one piece from yesterday's outfit & do something completely different with it today.

22-02-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ or maybe a laundromat?

i just meant i don't wear the same outfit two days running with the same people--unless i get stuck out of town with no extra clothes! but today i wore the same outfit as yesterday with completely different people.

something i actually think is quite fun is to take one piece from yesterday's outfit & do something completely different with it today.
My friend told me that you could do it in your own sink so I'll might do that. I also have a pair of jeans that could need taking care of.

I do vary my outfits but yesterday I wore the same outfit out for dinner with a couple of friends that I did the last time we went out. I would not do that normally but I simply forgot. I often wear the same outfits for work and school - at least during the winter. Dressing in the cold is difficult.

It is not due to the fact that I do not have enough clothes, because I have plenty, so that should no be what is keeping people from trying out 5PFW

You are perfectly right about the last part. The 30 for 30 challenge (ever tried that?) is perfect for making lots of combinations with few items.

22-02-2013
trendsetter

Today for work I wore this:

- New grey jeans from the second hand shop
- A black long sleeved jersey blouse (old.. I bought it when I was in high school so.. about four years ago)
- By Malene Birger cardigan (bought in the summer of 2011)
- Mulberry bayswater (feb. 2010)
- ACNE pistols (feb. 2012)

Pics are mine and via mulberry.com

24-02-2013
trendsetter

We need more people posting in this thread!

Yesterday I wore this for work:

- Quilt skirt (bought November '12)
- Tommy Hilfiger blouse (thrifted October '12)
- Basic Benneton Sweater, black with round neck (October '12) over the blouse making only the collar visible.
- Costume National shoes (bought August '10)
- Mulberry Bayswater (bought Februar '10)
- Black tights
- Brown glasses

Pics are mine and via mulberry.com

24-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
We need more people posting in this thread!
Yes, I keep saying that! Should we drop very obvious hints in the French Wardrobe thread? I love this thread and would love to see how people's wardrobes transition to their every day life.

I love all of your outfits, by the way, you're so stylish! And the photos you post are beautiful. I love that By Malene Birger cardigan and the patent shoes, I have a really similar pair from H&M! I would love to know how you cut your hair (you said it was shorter?) I imagine it looks great, you have a face that would suit any haircut!

Well, I decided to post some of my favourite things in this thread. These may be old or very new, some of them worn a million times, others not yet... But they're what's inspiring me at the moment. All of these are really inexpensive things from Zara, H&M etc., because I really didn't pay attention to that before... But I still love them!

24-02-2013
trendsetter

@Juliette: well, we might just have to Thx for the nice compliments!

I started of having my hair cut shoulder length but in January it had it cut even shorter. Somewhere between the check and the shoulder. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of it ATM. I love it when straigthened but in its natural form it bothers me because I am not used to having my hair klinging to my neck

I love your items. Especially the Zara sweater and the white dress. Where did you get that?

24-02-2013
front row

^That is literally my favourite haircut. Sort of a 20s bob, maybe a little bit longer and more assymetrical. I've wanted that haircut for years, with my hair dyed black (and red lipstick, of course :p) But I'm too chicken to do it, I have super long hair and it's kind of a security blanket. I bet it looks amazing on you, but I believe you about the straigtened hair, these kinds of haircuts usually look nicer with really sleek hair! Though I imagine you could make it look gorgeous with some curls in there, too.

The dress is from a German or Austrian, not sure, store called Orsay. I never shop in there, but my mom dragged me in once and I found this beauty. I also have a few bags from there and a gorgeous faux fur scarf. They have some amazing finds once in a while! The dress is a gorgeous winter white, with material I can't really describe... It has tiny balls of fabric all over it and shiny small discs in the fabric, it really catches the sunlight. I wear it like 2 times per week.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
45, combinations, french, piece, thread, wardrobe