How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
I have been feeling so uninspired lately (exams are just around the corner), but I thought I'd do a little post about what I wore today.

Pictured:
Vanessa Bruno Silk dress (jan 13')
Handmade cognac handbag (Nov 12')
J crew Leather ballerinas (jan 13')

Not pictured:
Black Blazer/jacket from Noa Noa (Dec 12')
Black Wool/Angora scarf (Oct 12')
Black tights (Jun 11' - I don't really know. Its a pair of tights)

I can't stand wearing tights, they depress me, but it is too cold not to wear them. I can't go bare-legged to work while there is ice on the ground. I miss summer

I don't feel my outfit looks very well put together when I just show the clothing, because I count my hair as my main accessory. My hair always matches my handbag. I only have ONE handbag.

polyvore
Really nice outfit. I can imagine how nice it looks together with the blazer. Love the dress!

03-03-2013
trendsetter

I wore this yesterday (and the day before that). I rarely where the same thing two days in a row.

Friday I went to school and work and afterwards straight to at friends place where I slept till saturday where I went to a bacherlorette party.

- Grey jeans
- Breton blouse
- Leather jacket
- Brogues
- Canvas bag

I rarely feel comfortable in this sort of combination, especially when having the blouses covering the top of the pants, since it usually makes me feel short looking and like my hips are humongous but it felt so comfortable and confident. I think it is due to the jacket. I would never have thought but it really elongates my body.

I would have worn my YSL clutch or Mulberry bag but since I had to carry a lot of stuff I went with my canvas bag which I think was fine as well.

03-03-2013
tfs star

Betinapple: It is great to hear the jacket is working for you! I love it when a new item integrates wonderfully with what I already own. Thanks for the nice comment on my oufit

I tend to recycle a lot of what I wear. Usually I just change my sweater or something if I am seeing the same people. When I leave my flat I usually have (a single) class or I am just going to the store, so I never stay in my clothes for long. 3-4 hours later I am back in my pajamas When I went to school for 8 to 10 hours a day I had to wash my clothes after every wear. It is so liberating not to have to do that any more!

I took a picture of what I wore this weekend. Actually dared to wear open shoes Changed back to boots because everyone else was wearing chunky winter boots. Seriously, I feel like nobody wants winter to end where I live except me. It is sunny and warm (relaitively; as in there is no ice on the ground) and people are still wearing what they wore in january.

What I wore:
- Mango "Bator-style" coat (oct. 12')
- Handstitched cognac handbag (Nov 12')
- Cashmere sweaters Brown/Grey (Jan/feb 13')
- Patent leather ballerinas (Summer 12')
- Leather cognac boots (Feb 13')
- Black jeans

I've noticed that I tend to wear a lot of my newer clothes, but I think it is just because I used to buy so much crap before I have some pieces from 2011 and earlier, but they are mainly pretty summer dresses. Not much I can wear at this point

My own pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-03-02 14.40.32.jpg (352.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-03-03 14.35.25.jpg (324.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by eizhowa; 03-03-2013 at 08:45 AM.
03-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Betinapple: It is great to hear the jacket is working for you! I love it when a new item integrates wonderfully with what I already own. Thanks for the nice comment on my oufit

I tend to recycle a lot of what I wear. Usually I just change my sweater or something if I am seeing the same people. When I leave my flat I usually have (a single) class or I am just going to the store, so I never stay in my clothes for long. 3-4 hours later I am back in my pajamas When I went to school for 8 to 10 hours a day I had to wash my clothes after every wear. It is so liberating not to have to do that any more!

I took a picture of what I wore this weekend. Actually dared to wear open shoes Changed back to boots because everyone else was wearing chunky winter boots. Seriously, I feel like nobody wants winter to end where I live except me. It is sunny and warm (relaitively; as in there is no ice on the ground) and people are still wearing what they wore in january.

What I wore:
- Mango "Bator-style" coat (oct. 12')
- Handstitched cognac handbag (Nov 12')
- Cashmere sweaters Brown/Grey (Jan/feb 13')
- Patent leather ballerinas (Summer 12')
- Leather cognac boots (Feb 13')
- Black jeans

I've noticed that I tend to wear a lot of my newer clothes, but I think it is just because I used to buy so much crap before I have some pieces from 2011 and earlier, but they are mainly pretty summer dresses. Not much I can wear at this point

My own pictures
Thx! I love it so and want to wear it all the time!

Looks like a really cute outfit. I would not care wether other people were wearing boots if I wanted to wear open shoes.

03-03-2013
Power to the 99%

i think you're allowed to wear a leather jacket every day, just like a coat

03-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
i think you're allowed to wear a leather jacket every day, just like a coat
You are perfectly right. I am using it instead of a cardigan ATM though

04-03-2013
trendsetter

Yesterday where I went to the movies with my boyfriend I wore this:

- Grey jeans (february '13)
- Stylebutler top (june '12)
- H&M kids cashmere cardigan (october '10)
- Custommade leather jacket (december '11)
- Stylesnob ballet flats (march '12)
- Marc Jacobs stam bag (june '12)

Usually I would never wear this many different coloures together but since they all mixed nicely I thought it looked really nice. I was going to bring my gold sequined clutch but it couldn't hold all of my belongings (candy ) so I grabbed the stam bag. I normally would never have thought of wearing green with powder pink but it added an interesting touch I think. So nice to finally be able to wear open shoes and my leather jacket instead of a coat.

04-03-2013
Power to the 99%

^ very nice outfit!

04-03-2013
front row

I don't have pics, but I'm wearing:

- Black batwing turtleneck sweater (a hand-me-down from my mother, bought in maybe 2004)
- Lilac knit top (to make up for the rest of the sleeves bought summer 2009)
- Blue skinny jeans (bought april 2012)
- Gray Hunter boots (bought october 2010)

05-03-2013
trendsetter

The other day I wore this

- Thrifted leather skirt (August '11)
- Filippa K breton blouse (April '12)
- Bloch ballet flats (November '12)
- By Zoé bouclé jacket (June '12)

And my YSL mail clutch (not pictured). As outerwear I wore my leather jacket, cape and leather mittens. This is one of those outfits where I really feel that the flats work.

07-03-2013
front row

I always like what you're wearing, Betina. You look great!

Yesterday I had probably the worst outfit in a while. I wore my black skater skirt, my new grey tee and my boyfriend's plaid flannel (and a green parka on top). On my feet I wore some insanely high wedges (13 cm) and I, of course, fell... I was in a bookstore and wanted to just see if they had anything new, and as soon as I walked in I was on the floor. At least the two girls working there were really nice and didn't laugh at me! Then I just had to buy a book to console myself.

09-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
I always like what you're wearing, Betina. You look great!

Yesterday I had probably the worst outfit in a while. I wore my black skater skirt, my new grey tee and my boyfriend's plaid flannel (and a green parka on top). On my feet I wore some insanely high wedges (13 cm) and I, of course, fell... I was in a bookstore and wanted to just see if they had anything new, and as soon as I walked in I was on the floor. At least the two girls working there were really nice and didn't laugh at me! Then I just had to buy a book to console myself.
You are always much too kind

I do not think your outfit sounds horrible. I trip all the time so I do not think you should be that embarrased.

09-03-2013
front row

Bettinapple, I absolutely love your style. You always look great, put together but still with an edge and fun

I think I am going to start recording my outfits as well. It would be nice to see how I could combine my pieces better. Plus, I will get a clearer idea of what kind of accessories I am lacking. I will try to post often.

Power to the 99%

yoox, barneys, nordstrom
all i can say is, be careful!! looking dumb is the upside of falling as far as i'm concerned

love those dusty pastels like you wore, betina ... i'm wearing something similar today. on weekend i like to have two coordinating outfits for a schedule like today, that way i can do my makeup at the beginning & just touch up ... one casual for errands, then dressy for going out.

ivory boden cardigan with grosgrain-tied buttons--not sure if i posted it, but it's just like the navy one
simply vera lavender cotton top with embellishment
taupe cropped cargos
shoes? haven't put them on yet, but yours would do very nicely with my outfit, betina

for evening ...
Attached Images
File Type: png Lanvin blouse Yoox.png (88.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Lanvin skirt front.png (110.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Nordstrom Miu Miu.png (64.6 KB, 0 views)

09-03-2013
rising star

Not something I'm wearing right now - after some very nice chilly days, now it's hot as hell here- but yesterday I was thinking about a purple sweater I bought at Banana Republic ages ago and never wore. When I found it, my "sweater" was actually a dress! I forgot how it looked like. And this outfit came to my mind, with black tights, my black suede booties and leather jacket.

my own pictures

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
45, combinations, french, piece, thread, wardrobe