How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-06-2006
windowshopping

Wow, this forum moves fast! I've got to stop by more often!
I might get a pair but may have to wait for a sale (spending too much lately), so prob. not when they first come out.

14-07-2006
front row

Can anyone help me with a sizing issue for 7 for all mankind?

I want to buy a pair of their stretch bootcut jeans and am normally a size UK 8, but after trawling the net this morning, am confused as to which size to order, a 26 or 27? Whats the difference!!??

fashion icon

this is really prob cliche but Abercrombie jeans fit me the best...i think i have like 5 pairs of them...then i have a pair of seven capris..and i like lux jeans too (from urban outfitters)

i generally wear them with sneakers..although im trying to break out of that mold and wear flats with them..its hard though..sneakers are sooo comfy!

windowshopping

I wish I could wear jeans everyday, but I work in an office enviornment so can only wear them at night out, on weekends or when there is a casual day at work. To add to this problem, I love jeans and have many pairs and can't resist buying new ones, but never a chance to wear them as much as I'd love to. At the moment, I am wearing a pair of Levis Red Loop Drainpipe selvedge, they are a nice crisp blue raw denim, I love the yellow stiching on these. I have also two pairs of Tsubis currenty wearing, iI've always worn skinnier type jeans as these suit me the best and look good with the style of shoe I prefer.

16-07-2006
Soviet Camaro

^ Red Loops are nice! Are you in Oz by any chance?

front row

the most expensive jeans I've bought were seven for all mankind..like $160...they wore out soooo soon. Worst purchase ever! I also have some Earl jeans tat were like $120 or so...I LOVE them! but I need to lose like 5 lbs to fit into them now...boo!! I have some jeans I bought in the brand "indie". This brand is made by J Brand..same fit and washes...they are cute! I get alot of compliments on them. (they were only $25 at tjmaxx too!)

rising star

my favorite style is bootcut, mid-rise (or maybe sort of low-rise but not too much). i tend to like the darker washes, though i also love deep indigo. my favorite brands are habitual, paige premium denim, da'mage, and indigo hand (i don't see them at many places but i am *in love* with the pair i have from them)
i wear them with whatever kinds of shoes i would wear otherwise- either wedges (loafers-i have some salmon colored sueded ones by michael kors that i love w/ jeans) or sneakers (most often, b/c i usually dress for comfort and walk around a lot)
sometimes i like to wear interesting but subtle belts w/ the jeans, sometimes not. sometimes i wear them with other basics (like a solid colored tee) and an accessory, sometimes with shirts that are more "interesting"
i wear jeans almost every day

i usually get my jeans at filene's basement on sale, from an online shop, or ebay

Last edited by gracelikerain; 20-07-2006 at 05:05 PM.
21-07-2006
front row

My favorite brands are Frankie B and Fornarina! sexy and figure hugging! I mostly wear straight or skinny jeans. I could wear jeans everyday (but I also love dresses too much to really do it). I love that you can wear them with almost anything, dress them up or down. I mostly wear them with heels! (because I hardly own any other kind of shoes)

21-07-2006
trendsetter

I've yet to find a pair that really fits me. I just bought a pair that mostly fit, but for some reason I didn't realize that they were already a bit short. So I'm scared to wash them. Regular length jeans are too short, and tall are too long. I like bootcut jeans. I don't like low-rise though. They're uncomfortable, especially since I perpetually have a belly.

23-07-2006
front row

usually i don't really like Gap jeans they just dont usually look good on me. but i was sooooo lucky to get a pair of their charcoal-ish rinse skinny jeans for guess....................only $4!!!! and they are fast becoming my favorite pair of jeans.

another deal i've recently scored is a pair of my favorite Lucky Brands for $70 off!

yes i've had a wonderful July when it comes to jeans!

23-07-2006
rising star

i love rock n republic.. they fit me best!

24-07-2006
tfs star

i've been lucky, i'm able to wear a range of different types of jeans from different brands. i've got sevens which are alrite - but they flatten my butt like i mentioned before. Citizens of Humanity are really nice and snug without being too restrictive. and i would say, are a better deal than Sevens
Hudsons are pretty good fit and almost the right length for me. I have a pair of Tag+ jeans which have really really cute maltese cross button studs. i love the details on their jeans. but so far, Genetic jeans have been my latest favourites as the fit and wash are superb. nothing to complain about at all!
for skinny jeans i have Taverniti So Janis which end rihgt below my ankle bone. also a great fit for me.

15-08-2006
rising star

Silver brand jeans
i remember when i was younger (like 13-16) i had a few pairs that i adored and wore again and again and again.

i'm thinking about getting a new pair.

what have been your experiences?

edit: i mean silver like the brand, not the colour heh.

Last edited by anchored; 15-08-2006 at 11:27 AM.
15-08-2006
trendsetter

Wow. This brings me back. I also remember all the girls wearing them in 8th grade - high school. Because you could buy them based on inch measurements so they'd fit better. And they were stretchy. Flattered the tush too. I dunno. I liked them then but I haven't seen or thought about them in a while. But I say, if you find some that flatter you and are comfortable there is no reason not to nab a pair. Who cares if you wore them in middle school. If you like em, you like em.

rising star

they were very tush-flattering! haha. and i recall them being very comfortable as well.

perhaps i'll check them out.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans