How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-05-2005
scenester

help... anyone?

27-05-2005
Diamond

I really wish I had a definitive answer for you - I just don't know. What I do know is this: If it's comfortable, flattering, and you like the way it looks - go for it! If the jeans fit, wear 'em

~Madeleine Albright
27-05-2005
offline.

I never thought of guys jeans...I've got the same prob... Hmmm

27-05-2005
front row

That's odd...are you American? I am and always thought guys jeans didn't fit as well because although I have a 26 inch waist...a mans pant is going to go straight down...so my 34 inch hips don't really fit.

Em

27-05-2005
offline.

Although... the rise would probably make you look like you have a package... men's pant rises are longer, no?

27-05-2005
scenester

yes i'm american... well i just ordered 2 pairs of guys jeans from goclothing.com if they look too much like "guys" jeans i'm going to return them. i just got true religion woodstock jeans, and they just aren't all that comfy. so im gona see if the guys version is better! my fiance laughed because he's like, "now we can share pants" unfortunatley i wear a 29 and he's a 36.. ah well! :p

27-05-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
Although... the rise would probably make you look like you have a package... men's pant rises are longer, no?
i duno, i tried on his 7's and they are really low waisted, and besides being huge(i pinned them to see) they fit much better. womens jeans are made for 5'10 110lb girls, and that deff. isnt me.. haha

27-05-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkonowitch
i duno, i tried on his 7's and they are really low waisted, and besides being huge(i pinned them to see) they fit much better. womens jeans are made for 5'10 110lb girls, and that deff. isnt me.. haha

That's not necessarily true. I'm 5'5 and 120 and I have little difficulty finding jeans that fit me fine. They generally do run a bit long, but it's usually not difficult at all to hem them. I struck gold at Pac-sun. Their jeans run VERY true to size.

Emi

27-05-2005
scenester

as of now, every pair of jeans i have get tailored. i get them hemmed a good couple of inches, and then have the back taken in, because it sticks out because the waist is too big, but i need the room for my but. not fun. each pair of $150+ jeans end up costing close to $200 after all is said and done. hope these guys jeans just need a hem! they are being mailed today, so hopefully i will get them by mid-week next week!

27-05-2005
I love model_mom!

I hope that the one's you ordered work out....let us know.

front row

My roomate is a guy and we always swap jeans. Sometimes I swear his wardrobe is better then mine! Gotta love those sexy gay men!

06-11-2005
when the rats run riot

all about your jeans
how do you wear your jeans? what are your favorites? what styles do you like? which brands? washes? what do you wear them with? heels?flats?sneakers?

*please don't use this thread to tell everyone what jeans are so "out" and what brands you "hate". it's okay to tell your opinion, but the whole point of the thread is really to talk about how you wear them, what kinds you like, etc...

06-11-2005
Of too many minds

Wow great idea for a thread!

I can't live without my jeans! They are part of the foundation of my warobe and since I work in an engineering environment, I can always wear jeans to work.

I never like flares, I think they make me look too "retro"
I used to stick to boot-cuts or straight legs but for quite a few months now, it's been skinnies for me!
Fav. jeans would include the usual suspects like PDC, Tsubi and Miss Sixty.
And of course Levis!
I find that their styles, washes and inseams suit me the best!
I actually quite like Rock & Republic too, but their inseams are waaaayyy too
long for me!

When I was in school, I would just wear my jeans with t-shirts, yup like the junkfood-style ones (forgive me, for I was young )
Now anything goes with my jeans, I especially like pairing them with floaty, chiffon tops or vintage victorian blouses for a bigger contrast.
I stop short of wearing them with dresses though, I have done it before and I felt it just wasn't me.

If I could, I would wear them with heels everyday, just so that my legs would look longer (ah vanity!)
But I usually alternate with flats for comfort's sake and now since it's F/W, I like to tuck my skinnies into boots sometimes as well

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
06-11-2005
when the rats run riot

...I've tried the "dress over jeans" look myself, chiangsi, and it didn't suit my style either. as for tucking jeans into boots- big fan of that, as well as wearing my jeans with flats. I'm looking for a pair of flat, "fashion" sneakers, and when (if) I find them, I'll be wearing those with the right jeans...

06-11-2005
Of too many minds

Ah!
I know exactly what you mean em_692!

I always see a girl on the street (or in the models' street style thread) who looks so nice with fashion sneakers and jeans!
But somehow I think I am still not getting the look right..or it could be a matter of getting used to it.

I have tried quite a few brands...puma, le sports coqtif, vintage ones... nike
I guess the closest ones which actually work for me are my nikes!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans