How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-11-2005
when the rats run riot

are your Nike sneakers similar to the ones in Harper's Bazaar? that's where I got my inspiration from... I think the ones in the magazine are called "sprint sister".

and what type of jeans would you wear with fashion sneakers? I'm not quite sure which styles would work with this...

06-11-2005
Of too many minds

I'm thinking straight legs....
skinnies might work too..for a very 80s' look but they'll have to be a perfect length..else imo, all that bunching at the leg looks strange.

I'm not sure what my Nikes are called...don't think they are the ones you mentioned though as I got them sometime ago.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
06-11-2005
front row

I'm always on the search for the perfect basic jeans...right now my favorite pair are from Paige (the only thing I hate is that I have to wear a size up than I normally do for the best fit!)

I also have one pair from Earnest Sewn that I've lived in for months that are straight leg. I love that look, but I've had a hard time finding an exact pair. I'm going to search out Tsubi in a little while.

And I've also found that Gap makes great jeans for the price point. I got a pair of dark, Ultra Low Rise a little while ago and they're so comfortable.

Most of the time, I wear my jeans with cute flats, but I do like the look of tucking jeans into boots. Ocasionally, I'll put jeans with Converse, too.

For washes, I tend to go for medium to dark. I used to like light more, but lately, I don't see them working with the clothes I have as much.

Good topic.

06-11-2005
fashion icon

Right now my favorite jeans makers are 45 RPM and Dior Homme...as much as I like the crisp, clean look of dark denim that seems to be emerging as a real force to be reckoned with, I personally prefer tastefully distressed jeans...(see what are you wearing today, the last 2nd or 3rd page...the jeans I'm wearing in that pic are my ideal kind of wash). At this point I HAVE to wear jeans that are extra long in the inseam and have a bunched up effect, I think that way of styling jeans looks so much cooler.

07-11-2005
when the rats run riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangis1980:
I'm thinking straight legs....
skinnies might work too..for a very 80s' look but they'll have to be a perfect length..else imo, all that bunching at the leg looks strange.
...I think straight legs sound good. I don't want an 80's look, so I probably wont do skinnies with sneakers. I'll see how it all looks anyways

07-11-2005
when the rats run riot

right now I'm kind of into the "true religion-esque" pockets... but they don't need to be any particular brand.

here's a pic just in case:

...though I think it looks better with a slightly smaller button.

07-11-2005
Of too many minds

^ I have read somewhere that the pockets are what makes it hard for true religion jeans to look good on everyone.

Though judging from their popularity, I don't think that really matters...I have a pair and my butt looks..ok

They are in semi-retirement now..I found them a little too "flared" even for straight-legs.

Oh and I love to wear my jeans too with belts, either on the waist or lower, especially with tunic tops. I think a Chanel chain belt with denim is just a very classic look..though of course it would be years before I can get one

I tried to fashion tops out of huge scarves before..but I think due to a lack of skill, it didn't quite work for me...ended up wearing it as a sash instead.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
07-11-2005
fashion icon

Love all my jeans... I've just got straight leg and skinny jeans in a range of washes and I dunno if it's just me but for some reason, greys and blacks look dressier??!! I dunno, if it's just my eyes or something... Hehehe...

I pretty much only wear them on lazy days, at home and to uni and I try to opt for something different when I go out so I don't get bored.

Also, I usually wear them with flats or flip-flops, especially when I'm around my friends because they're all shorter than me and I feel like a GIANT!!

08-11-2005
scenester

Hi!

I love skinnies! And boot-cuts or straight legs too. My jeans are allways dark-dark blue, mainly unwashed ones. My favourites are from Diesel, Levis, H&M and PartTwo (two lasts aren´t really jeans-brands, but they fit me great). I wear them with ballerina flats, fashion sneakers and different kind of boots. And 'cause blazers are my statements, I also wear jeans with them.

08-11-2005
when the rats run riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangis1980:
^ I have read somewhere that the pockets are what makes it hard for true religion jeans to look good on everyone.

Though judging from their popularity, I don't think that really matters...I have a pair and my butt looks..ok
i'm hoping to find a brand other than true religion with those kinds of pockets...

08-11-2005
when the rats run riot

also, what is it that makes the fit strange in true religion jeans?

08-11-2005
urd
tfs star

lately I've gotten really exited about jeans that are cut off into knee lenght shorts.. I'm planning to wear them over thights now that it's colder

08-11-2005
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by em 692
i'm hoping to find a brand other than true religion with those kinds of pockets...
Some Hudsons have similar pockets.

rising star

I wear jeans almost everyday.
My favourites are Citizens which are bootcut, Topshop Baxter skinny jeans and Dondup slim and straight jeans.
I wear them mostly with ballet flats.

08-11-2005
What fresh hell is this.?

I wear jeans almost every day. esp. when it's Winter. I mainly wear Lee, Levis and h&m. I like them comfy. so very low waist as a no no. partly because of my tummy as well At the moment I like straight-legged and skinny the best. I bet the skinny ones are just a phase. But the straight-legged

I wear everything with them. Not too found of the dress over jeans combo though, normally that makes me look like a petite bag lady.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans