How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-12-2005
V.I.P.

I live in jeans. I like skinny jeans but they dont go with all tops, so I have a few pairs of bootcut as well. I preffer darker, stretch denim. I wear my jeans with heels and boots mostly, sometimes flats. I haven't found the perfect pair yet, still searching...

10-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoll
Well that's fun to hear!
James Preserved?
Yes, sorry that's what I meant . I read that they lift your butt and all other sorts of good things. I just haven't been able to get my hands on any to try them on. I'm not sure if they are "in" or not but I don't really care. I just really want a pair that makes me look good. If it fits me well then I'm buying.

I am really a jeans person. I never wear them with flats or sneakers though. I love the high heel look with them. It makes me look longer and leaner.

10-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoll
Well that's fun to hear!
James Preserved?
i own a dark emily,although its large in the waist and gapping in the back.I need lower rises :p

11-12-2005
utterly superfluous

God, I live in jeans. I don't really know what I would do if I couldn't wear jeans. I definitely have some favorite pairs. For me, its all about finding a skinny fit with great cuts, washes, and details. I'm a small guy, so most of the "popular" designer-y jeans don't fit me, so I have to go for women's. Which is actually fine, cause you girls have WAY more choices when it comes to denim.

Anyhow just a little list of my favorites:
-Dark Blue Ruehl no.925, Jane Bootcut: One of my favorite everyday jeans. Nothing distracting, just simple, great cut, amazingly skinny, and look good with everything!
-Black Habituals, Skinny: These things are great for night or day. Black denim, with this diagonal cut and seam through the knee with a little zipper detail at the bottom hem.
-Light Antik Denim, Western Cut: I love to wear these when I go out. Throw on some cowboy boots and a big sweater. The detail in these jeans is sick, I love them, worth every penny!
-Dark True Religion, Joey: One of the my classic pairs. I love these and probably couldn't live without them.
-Black Seven For All Mankind, Dojo Cut: These are a great take on dressy denim for me. They're tight in the thigh, but have such a great trouser cut at the bottom!

windowshopping

I like..Seven for All mandkind, Joeys, True Religions, Abercrombie(sometimes), American Eagle(sometimes) FCUK, and others.
I wear Heels and flats with mine and sometimes converse. Never anyother types of tennis shoes

I like dark wash and medium wash. I really hate light wash jeans.
I like Straight leg medium rise and straight legl lowrise jeans best.

12-12-2005
backstage pass

i have a hard time finding jeans that look good on me since i'm pear-shaped.

right now my FAVE jeans are from: Smart-Set

they're medium-dark blue, medium-rise, bootcut with a 1" strip of black-shimmery-seed-beads on each back pocket - i bought them that way and i always get compliments. So my jeans are pretty, they fit me damn fine and they were relatively cheap (paid $60CAD for the pair, now on sale for $40).

i wear them with everything as they can be dressed up or down: converse jeans, open-toe sandals (heels or flats), 2-3" heel boots or mad crazy winter boots.

Last edited by gruveechik; 12-12-2005 at 12:18 PM.
13-12-2005
front row

My legs are quite long and so for me it's quite difficult to find jeans with the right inseams (I'm about 1.80m - around 6??). At present I'm totally into "fornarina" jeans from italy. Model "Fresh" Straight cut, dark blue. Normaly I wear flats (balets, puma sneakers or nike). Another favourite model of mine is fornarina "pin up" the skinny one. I love that one. It's quite short but perfectly with balets or boots or heels or... whatever!
My next jeans is gonna be an "earnest sewn", had it on a couple of weeks ago. Loved it very very much. But I'm a student and every high investment has to be planned very carefully .

13-12-2005
fashion elite

Anyone got any clever ideas on how to make bland one shaded jeans look more "worn out" and grungy? Apart from that good old favourite with cheese grater? That tears the fabric too much, so I end up with random broken strands of fabric all over the place....

13-12-2005
rising star

i wear levis skinny jeans, i buy cheap levis from charity shops in dark colours like black or deep blue and i cut the inner leg and sew them back up to make them fit me properly and be the way i like them which is tight and straight legged
i mainly wear converse sneakers with them, i have about 5 pairs but my current favourite are a pair of ivory hi-tops. they are dirty but thats how i like them
i always wear a belt, my current favourite is a ralph lauren one that was my dads, he bought it about 30 years ago and it has the signature horse print all the way round it.
the jeans that im wearing right now are black levis skinny fits that i hand sewed, i dont recommend you do it, i have to sew up the crotch nearly every fortnight, its a drag, the stitches rip at the slightest thing like walking up stairs, theyre not even that tight!

edit: you can kind of see them in my avatar

Last edited by jetsetandtrash; 13-12-2005 at 02:57 PM.
13-12-2005
Soviet Camaro

^ jetsetandtrash, I really admire you for having the patience to do those mods to your jeans! They look great and I was admiring your avatar earlier, it's a cool photo.

when the rats run riot

^ you must really like your jeans to put so much effort into them i wish i had the patience to customize my clothes like that...

Last edited by em 692; 13-12-2005 at 03:53 PM.
13-12-2005
windowshopping

My new favorite jeans are Rock & Republic. These are the best jeans I've ever found for not making my butt look totally flat. The back pockets really do something for me...I'm not a fan of the 35" inseam, but I'm not tall (5'6) so I have to alter most pants anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jeans.jpg (15.8 KB, 2 views)

13-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye Park Lover
Anyone got any clever ideas on how to make bland one shaded jeans look more "worn out" and grungy? Apart from that good old favourite with cheese grater? That tears the fabric too much, so I end up with random broken strands of fabric all over the place....
some suggestions, you are free to take them or leave them.

wash them in hor watet, not inside out, with litte soap and LOTS of softening liquid.
wash them every time you wear them
wear them as much as you can: I know this sound stupid, but it means like, if you have to go to the grocery store for 5 minutes, wear them, not something else...
I find the dryer kinda stiffens them, and I think that's the opposite of what you want, so don't dry them in the drier.

I'll write more as I think about them. I had a pair of Diesel jeans that I used so much they ripped at the knee, but it looked really nice b/c it was authentic... Only, also the rest of the fabric had became very thin, so I had to get rid of them shortly after

13-12-2005
fashion elite

Thank you for the tips Ciccia, and I'm sorry about your Diesel man

13-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by urd
lately I've gotten really exited about jeans that are cut off into knee lenght shorts.. I'm planning to wear them over thights now that it's colder
I've seen this alittle, the girl had on cut offs with black tights (but with converse :\ ..i guess) but I prefer them with heels.

I also saw this guy in my italian class wearing straight legged jeans cut off at the knee (no tights hehe) with some vans slip ons, oooh lala he looked sooo good

jetsetandtrash, my friend also does that. she buys levi's and then will make them fit her like a glove, i'm thinking of sending her a few pairs hehee..but im getting a small cheapy sewing machine for xmas so maybe i can learn hmmm

Last edited by greeen; 13-12-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans