How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye Park Lover
Thank you for the tips Ciccia, and I'm sorry about your Diesel man
you're welcome, anytime

as for the diesel... I had bought them with my savings when I was a poor college student (now I am not a college student anymore, but still poor:p ), and they are the ones I wore to come to the States 5 years ago! I probably shouldn't have thrown them away. Dunno, may be frame them?

13-12-2005
scenester

blues
i live in jeans. they've been a wardrobe staple for me for thirty years! i love 501 levis the best. classic. specially when worn thin. these days i wear my oldest, thinnest ones cuffed or rolled w/little tops/t-shirts in the summer. w/either ballet flats, espadrilles or an ancient pair of handmade, brown sandals bought in rome in 71, that look much like the one's kate's been sporting lately!in cooler months, i stick w/dark denimn. i love joes cos i'm slim in the hips and legs and they really have a great, classic fit. seven's are another fav. but really, the levi's are the ones i reach for time and again!

14-12-2005
backstage pass

I love my manager jeans because they are the perfect rise for me.
They are just low enough that my crack doesn't stick out (for you people showing this off, I really don't understand you!) Currently, this is called "high rise" by sales staff. However, these same Manager rise jeans were considered "low rise" by sales staff several years ago. You all are weird

Anyway, I prefer the darker washes overall. Also black is fun. I got a lighter one too and I just don't love it as much. I don't like the more unusual washes at all. Possibly gray could work.

Yes, my jeans are very basic. It means they go with everything all the time and never get more or less fashionable.

gruveechik I'm pear shaped too. Check out the Managers if you haven't. Good at keeping the crack out of the sun... without hiding your bellybutton too. (if your shape is like mine.)

Last edited by Yasmin; 14-12-2005 at 02:15 AM.
14-12-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine
^ jetsetandtrash, I really admire you for having the patience to do those mods to your jeans! They look great and I was admiring your avatar earlier, it's a cool photo.
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by em 692
^ you must really like your jeans to put so much effort into them i wish i had the patience to customize my clothes like that...
i wear them everyday! god, that must be why theyre so messed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeen
I've seen this alittle, the girl had on cut offs with black tights (but with converse :\ ..i guess) but I prefer them with heels.

I also saw this guy in my italian class wearing straight legged jeans cut off at the knee (no tights hehe) with some vans slip ons, oooh lala he looked sooo good

jetsetandtrash, my friend also does that. she buys levi's and then will make them fit her like a glove, i'm thinking of sending her a few pairs hehee..but im getting a small cheapy sewing machine for xmas so maybe i can learn hmmm
go for it! using a sewing machine would be waaaaay better than doing it by hand!

14-12-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciccia
you're welcome, anytime

as for the diesel... I had bought them with my savings when I was a poor college student (now I am not a college student anymore, but still poor:p ), and they are the ones I wore to come to the States 5 years ago! I probably shouldn't have thrown them away. Dunno, may be frame them?
Quick, go to the recycling centre, it's not too late to fetch them back

14-12-2005
Von
front row

I like my denim dark.
Black washes, Dark Grey, sometimes white.
Tight, skinny, with creases in all the right places.
Oh, and I like my denim super long. 36" +, so I can ruffle it where I want too.

26-12-2005
windowshopping

What is your Favorite pair of jeans?
What is you favorite pair of jeans? Are they Dior, Prada, Diesel.. True Religion? Mine are my Prada skinny jeans...

backstage pass

Definitely Chloe.

Seven For All Mankind also works really well for my shape, but Chloe is my love hands down.

27-12-2005
front row

jeans is like underwear to me..i have to get them in all shapes lols..
ma fav at the moment is da mango dark one for winter jeans..its bootcut n fits ma figure perfectly..ill recommened it for ppl who r curvey like me..

30-12-2005
trendsetter

i want a true religion hjeans but they make me look HORRIBLE!! its so low and it makes me look like i have short legs which i dont =( i dont know if its because im wearing nike sneakers and it ruins the look or anuthing but gosh it makes me look horrible yet i love its deign! for now im sticking to rock and republic they are the best fitted jeans ever <3

01-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by em 692
how do you wear your jeans? what are your favorites? what styles do you like? which brands? washes? what do you wear them with? heels?flats?sneakers?

*please don't use this thread to tell everyone what jeans are so "out" and what brands you "hate". it's okay to tell your opinion, but the whole point of the thread is really to talk about how you wear them, what kinds you like, etc...
Lowrise, Bootcuts, dark washes, ones with great pockets. I love wearing them with flats and pumps--closed toe shoes.

Brands.. paper denim mod, ag angel, and citizens kelly.

01-01-2006
rising star

i wear all types of jeans. i have one pair that i can wear with anything . if i had to have one pair of jeans it would be them as they look good with heels and flats especially converse

01-01-2006
rising star

i just cannot wear jeans... i love how people work with them... and look great in them... i really wish i can wear jeans and look stylish... but somehow i never find the right color or the right cut or i feel huge in them...

when i'm thinner, i like some cuts of diesel... they look good on me... seven's and citizen's make my hips larger than they actually are... levis is ok but their waist is never low enough and their sizing is different then that of diesel's or seven's... miss sixty's cuts are too small... even when i'm at my thinnest i still feel big in them... replay is great if you like the baggy but still fashionable look...

unfortunately, in my country we don't have such brands like true religion, hudson, pepper demin and cloth, frankie b. etc...

i'm also pear shaped with love handles, i have slightly larger thighs... i'm size 10 but sometimes i don't feel comfortable in size 32 jeans... of think that i look frumpy instead of cute and chic in jeans... i really could use some advice...

01-01-2006
backstage pass

These days my fave jeans are Antik Denim.
I also have a pair of Rock & Republic that I forgot to wear (they were a gift and they're just a pain to get on, I guess I've gained a little weight )
I also like True Religion, but for some reason I haven't worn them on months. I'm also a fan of Yanuk jeans, they're so comfy

01-01-2006
windowshopping

I <3 the A|X j101s, theyre just cut so amazingly and they fall so well

in general, i like lowrise/small rips/whiskers/faded/and i love bootcuts

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans