How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2004
backstage pass

All about your jeans
Despite my ENORMOUS wardrobe, I only own one pair of jeans. Well, I own more but I hate the way they fit and look. The one pair I wear are now 3 years old and I wear them at least 2 or 3 times a week. The rest of the time I wear something from the arsenal of skirts and dresses I own. However my one pair of pants ($60 at Pacific Sunwear before the start of 7th grade, I'm now going into 10th) are getting pretty worn in the knees. I talked to my mom and she thinks its high time I get a new pair of jeans, and that if I wanted I could even get designer because as demonstrated in the past, I wear jeans forever.

So yeah I'm looking for a good quality place to buy jeans that will last. The price doesn't matter. It's just that I haven't shopped for jeans in so long that I don't know where to look!

03-08-2004
fashion insider

I like Sevens the best. Yeah, they're not as hip right now as they used to be, but they have the best fits, IMO.

backstage pass

I prefer Diesel jeans the most...

04-08-2004
V.I.P.

If you want a pair of basic jeans, I would go for Sevens or Earls, depending on your wash preference and body type. Both are very flattering, but Sevens work on curvier bodies whereas Earls are cut like cigarettes.

04-08-2004
barcode

I'd recommend Abercrombie, the quality is great and the jeans come in a pretty wide variety of cuts and washes.

04-08-2004
ingenue

ditto about the sevens or earls. they're good, long-lasting jeans. how a cut fits you is so individual, and fit and quality are more important than having the most current label stitched on your bum.

however, I have found jeans with stretch do not last a long time... for a long-term investment, I would recommend avoiding stretch and opting for 100% cotton denim jeans. my experience has been that stretchy doesn't last very long...but that's just my experience.

btw nordstrom and neimans carry sevens, as do several other places.

05-08-2004
V.I.P.

I don't know if those are widely available, but if you ever get your hands on Tension Couture jeans, grab one pair. The shape is soooo flattering, and can make a flat butt look good, believe me! They cost around 110 bucks, they contain loads of stretch, but not cheap stretch, and they last really long.

08-08-2004
windowshopping

i think Buffalo jeans (david button) are the best. They have skinny jeans ad other kinds, they fit perfectly and the fabric is good. Most of my jeans are from buffalo and i can't complain!

08-08-2004
backstage pass

Earl jeans fit great, good quality. Sevens fit very well, very poor quality (have owned 2 pairs and both are falling apart). Paper Denim, good fit and quality. My recommendation is finding denim that is made in Japan for the best quality.

08-08-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Christopher31@Aug 8 2004, 07:56 PM
My recommendation is finding denim that is made in Japan for the best quality.
[snapback]325450[/snapback]
$$$

09-08-2004
rising star

im going to be a sophomore too...and Express and Abercrombie and AE Jeans fit the best to me

09-08-2004
trendsetter

My favourite jeans are D-Squared2 & Dolce&Gabbana.

09-08-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by étoiledunord@Aug 9 2004, 04:19 AM
My favourite jeans are D-Squared2 & Dolce&Gabbana.
[snapback]325793[/snapback]

agreed........DSquared

10-08-2004
trendsetter

Abercrombie jeans make my butt look awesome. And they just get better with age (I've had mine for only 6 months though), people are always asking me if they're new.

27-05-2005
scenester

Jeans
so i wear a size 30 in jeans, i have a small waist but large butt and thighs. i feel like whenever i put on guys jeans they fit soo much better. and i can actually wear a 29 and be super comfy! does anyone know if guys jeans in like seven or true religion look different then the girls version of the same ones? other then being longer? thanks in advance!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans