How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 15th, 2004 - 11:38 pm
OK, I have no idea if this topic is in the right place, so if you want to move it, go ahead. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else here has trouble pulling off the sexy, bored, supermodel look. Like, I would love to be able to pull on some heels and a tight little dress and go strut like I am the queen of the world, but I feel like I look like a dork when I do. Like, I could never pull off the Victoria's Secret model look, that smoky, come-hither look. I think it's because I'm very young-looking, petite, and I look like a teenybopper, no matter how hard I try to distance myself from it. If I wear something more sophisticated or mature, I feel like I look like a little girl playing dress-up with Mommy's cocktail dress and high heels. Anyone else feel like this?
YES! I know just how you feel...although I guess sometines I can get away because most Asian women are on the petite side...but I'm only 5'1 with a small build.. and most of the looks i admire suit taller people much better and tend to be rather overwhelming on me (or just plain don't fit!)...so I stay away from 'trendier' clothes and stick with inexpensive basics, but focus more on nice accessories. I find that the perfect bag can do wonders

15-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 15th, 2004 - 11:43 pm
I say to heck with sexy!
ditto

15-04-2004
front row

@ you two. I would say to heck with it, but my best friend is tall and Latina with flawless skin and a perfect body, and when we go places together (which always happens since we're attached at the hip) she always looks so womanly and at least a year or two than she really is, whereas I look like her kid sister! She can do sexy, but I'm more in the "cute" vein I guess. I don't wanna be cute! Puppies are cute! I'm not a puppy! Le sigh.

15-04-2004
V.I.P.

Cute can be good too! At least that's what I tell myself...

15-04-2004
flaunt the imperfection

there are all different kinds of sexy...

i suggest exploring some other options that you feel more comfortable with...a woman is most attractive when she is at ease with herself...find a look that you're comfortable with...everything else will come with that...

have fun exploring...

15-04-2004
V.I.P.

Hmm well i think just focus on wearing things that make you feel most comfortable, that's most true to your own personal style, or work on cultivating that... seek out pieces that make you look and FEEL fabulous, without being so concerned about how it looks on others. Different pieces bring out different things in people...a dress can be transformed by the wearer. I think if you wear things that make you feel great, sexy, etc... it will be easier for that to show on the outside. personally, my 'look/feel sexy moments' are after i get a great new haircut...or when I'm wearing a great pair of shoes and carrying a fun handbag... it all depends on what works for you to bring that about... I used to kinda try for the 'sexy 'look too that i saw others looking great in but it just made me look silly so I just focused on what works for me... often I find that when i'm not really focusing on it to much, that's when others see it in me...

15-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 16th, 2004 - 12:31 am

i suggest exploring some other options that you feel more comfortable with...a woman is most attractive when she is at ease with herself...find a look that you're comfortable with...everything else will come with that...

have fun exploring...
I hadn't even read your post, softgrey... but i just realized we pretty much said the same thing... except you conveyed it much better and less tediously (?)

15-04-2004
V.I.P.

I do think the most important thing is to just be comfortable with yourself (as meowmix and softgrey said so eloquently). I wouldn't try too hard, it usually just ends up looking fake. Also, how about the whole thing of confidence being sexy?

15-04-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by meowmix+Apr 15th, 2004 - 11:34 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meowmix @ Apr 15th, 2004 - 11:34 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Apr 16th, 2004 - 12:31 am

have fun exploring...
I hadn't even read your post, softgrey... but i just realized we pretty much said the same thing... except you conveyed it much better and less tediously (?) [/b][/quote]
i loved your post meowmix... ...great minds...

purple has a great attitude too...looks like we've got a couple of sexy girls right here...

15-04-2004
V.I.P.

That's us.

16-04-2004
front row

you guys are so right! thanks!

16-04-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 15th, 2004 - 11:26 pm
she always looks so womanly and at least a year or two than she really is, whereas I look like her kid sister! She can do sexy, but I'm more in the "cute" vein I guess. I don't wanna be cute! Puppies are cute! I'm not a puppy! Le sigh.
I hear ya, girl! My best friend and I are like that. She's the glamourous one all sultry looks and curves and I am the stick with the cute girl next door look. In her presence guys throw me the perfuntory hi and drool over her. But once I came into my own and got a boost of self esteem, I think a fabulous smile is just as sexy as a come-hither one.

16-04-2004
backstage pass

you are so right... I believe it's all about having fun, and confidence is so sexy... it doesn't hurt to wear the sexiest undergarments as an added layer of sexy...

16-04-2004
rising star

There's a glamour model in the UK called Jordan. She's an example of how to completely overdo it.

16-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Veronica@Apr 16th, 2004 - 9:23 am
There's a glamour model in the UK called Jordan. She's an example of how to completely overdo it.
my eyes hurt

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
art, seduction, seductive or sexy