How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-04-2004
V.I.P.

I think it's all about what kind of attention you are tying to get. Speaking as a guy, yea sexy is definitely attractive, but not on any deep level. If all you want is for guys to ogle at you (which I don't see why anyone would want), sexy is the way. But if you want any depth in the guy's attention, I don't thing oozing sex is neccessary it. Moreover, overdoing it can be off-putting.

16-04-2004
fuj
rising star

she looks like a drag queen

16-04-2004
V.I.P.

im the same. my best friend...(well, when she still lived here..) always looked about 16-17 (she was actually 14) whilst i...well i just looked 14. i was never called pretty, hot, sexy..just cute. she, however, was hot, sexy, pretty..and so on. she could just pull these things off. she was curvy and attractive. i'm skinny, short (5'2) small boobs..but hey, lately i'm learning to accept me the way i am. its not always easy..but as long as im having a laugh, feel confident with how i am..i can attract people too.

but if you really wanna pull off the sexy look..try mixing things..like a mini skirt with converse..or just sport shoes...or heeled/pointy pumps with well fit jeans and a dressy top. sexy doesn't always = black, short, lace, revealing.

barcode

Disclaimer:
I am a male, so keep in mind I'm speaking from a man's point of view, I have no concept of what it is to be a woman so, my opinions could be a little off.

To me, sexy is totally subjective, what's sexy for one woman isn't sexy for another. Like someone else on here said, there are all different kinds of sexy. There's an in your face, bold sexuality. There's a more subdued, abiguous sexuality, I mean, I could go on and on. I say, don't fight with what you are to be sexy, cause it won't be good in the end. Embrace what you have, if you're petite and have a youthful appearence, don't go for a full on femme fatale sexy. If you're not 20 years old, go with that, become sexy in a more mature and sophisticated way. Like I said, sex appeal is subjective, figure out what it is that makes you sexy and go with it, the results can't be bad if you're truly comfortable with yourself.

16-04-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike413@Apr 16th, 2004 - 1:14 pm

Like someone else on here said, there are all different kinds of sexy.
that was me...i said that

look at that, spike...we finally agree...

16-04-2004
barcode

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 16th, 2004 - 1:17 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 16th, 2004 - 1:17 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Apr 16th, 2004 - 1:14 pm

Like someone else on here said, there are all different kinds of sexy.
that was me...i said that

look at that, spike...we finally agree... [/b][/quote]
Oh my dear lord, it's a beautiful thing!!

Who would think that something as "shallow" and "superficial" as fashion could bring two people together like that? I love it!

17-04-2004
front row

If you feel overshadowed by dramatic curves and sky-high sexuality, compare Audrey Hepburn to Pamela Anderson.

I'm one of those girls with the hourglass figures, and my best friend is the ultra lean athlete. I will never have her body, but I envy it all the time. She recently called me up to cry "I just tried on an A cup, and it was too big!" I pointed out that it's never hurt her to run in the wrong bra.

17-04-2004
front row

I have trouble too,but i dress how i feel and act confident and that seems to work!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by crystalized@Apr 16th, 2004 - 11:35 am
im the same. my best friend...(well, when she still lived here..) always looked about 16-17 (she was actually 14) whilst i...well i just looked 14. i was never called pretty, hot, sexy..just cute. she, however, was hot, sexy, pretty..and so on. she could just pull these things off. she was curvy and attractive.
I haven't read page two yet, but I really wanted to respond to this first. I hope I'm not repeating anybody.

I have to say that in this case, I feel sympathy for your friend rather than jealousy. I happen to know that looking older than you are can be a bad thing! When you look 16-17 at 14 (or whatever age), it often generates the attention of older guys before you're ready to deal with it. I'm not saying that I look like your friend, but I do look older than I am and have been flirted with by guys who are not in my age range. It's creepy. This happens to lots of girls who look older than they are, and if your friend was as pretty as you say she was, she may have had a real problem with it.

*on the age topic rather than the sexiness topic*

I hate being mistaken for older than I am in other situations, too. My mom says that it's because I'm polite and I speak like an adult (not just in speech habits but also in content), not because I look old, but I still hate it. I've also been told that I have an 'old soul' (by a number of people). Just because I want to have an intelligent conversation and I don't wear butt-crack jeans...

17-04-2004
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 15th, 2004 - 10:26 pm
@ you two. I would say to heck with it, but my best friend is tall and Latina with flawless skin and a perfect body, and when we go places together (which always happens since we're attached at the hip) she always looks so womanly and at least a year or two than she really is, whereas I look like her kid sister! She can do sexy, but I'm more in the "cute" vein I guess. I don't wanna be cute! Puppies are cute! I'm not a puppy! Le sigh.
One of my good friends is Filipino, and is just drop-dead gorgeous. Whenever we go out, she makes me feel like the ugly duckling! She's got THE perfect body, beautiful dark long hair, exotic features...she just screams sexy. Me, I am all right...but I always feel like I'm trying too hard. Here I am, 5'4, small to medium build, but yet - I find it hard to be sexy. It's harder to keep the weight off since I'm in college now, so my life basically revolves around pulling off some time of come-hither look through makeup or clothing because working off my body's appeal has worn off.

But yes, I try to accomplish that sexy look, too. It's so fun to appear almost unapproachable..or even a little mysterious..but I think it's so damn appealing.

V.I.P.

As for the age thing, believe me, it could be much worse...
My younger sister, who is sixteen, also happens to be much taller, more impressive looking and perhaps even a bit more mature (shocking, I know!) than me. People tend to either assume that she is the elder or that we are twins. A little sad, and very embarassing... Still, I guess I'll appreciate it when we're old ladies and I look younger than her!

17-04-2004
Proponent of Plaid

I can't do any sort of "sexy" looks myself. I am too goofy and ornery. I just don't have the langorous sex-kitten thing going, and I don't do flirtatious well, and y'all know I'm not captivatingly beautiful. *snerk* Nonetheless, I get a fair amount of male attention (frankly unwanted since I'm all happily married and suchlike). I think guys like it if you seem pleasant, and have an overall healthful appearance. Hell, a guy was trying to get my number today in line at the grocery, and I was wearing a pair of baggy, beige corduroy shorts, an orange-and-yellow striped tee-shirt with mysterious black stains on it, and a pair of paint-stained old shoes, with my hair bundled up in a ponytail. Definitely not cute and alluring. Goodness only knows what he thought he saw...

I think confidence and carriage has a lot to do with it. Like I said, I'm not at all pretty, but I am a saucy wench. I've got plenty of pep in my step, and when I'm enjoying life, it's pretty obvious to all and sundry. It seems like when I am in my most bouyant moods is when guys talk to me the most. I think many guys like the idea of a high spirited woman.

V.I.P.

i like pin up style on women

trendsetter

Sexy is confidence.
Sexy is not worrying about whether or not you look sexy

18-04-2004
backstage pass

I like the look sexy but it's better to be sexy and elegant (as Gucci style)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
art, seduction, seductive or sexy