How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-06-2008
trendsetter

Sexy is black lace, or sheer rose lingerie. For me, never thongs.

Curves, full rounded hips.

Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger. I completely agree about scent^. Freshly showered with no scent is always better than cheap cologne/perfume.

A smile.

Confidence.

I like subtle hints, light touches. Hard to say about who fashion wise is sexy. Those Tom Ford girls are sexy, but in a very "hard" vampy way I could never be.

23-06-2008
oh! darling

Good bump. The thread title was quite catchy.

Scent is definitely important Fewormany. There is nothing more irresistible than a guy who smells so sexy.

rising star

I love using clothes for seduction. I like it understated, showing off hints of erogenous zones that aren't breasts, butt and..

I love a tank top with a lower back, or a button-up cami or top where I un-button the first few buttons to show my collarbone..I think that's quite sexy and beautiful. I don't wear underwire bras, so there's never cleavage, which I think would make that look a little trashy.
I also like the high-waisted skirt (looser, not a bandage skirt) with a looser pull-over sweater. I think dressing classy but attractively, is about picking one or the other to show off - the upper half, or the lower (via mini skirt or skinny pants).

25-06-2008
front row

yeah, I love using clothes for seduction too...I like light and slightly see through fabrics. Im not very much into very "obvious" sexiness. I can also wear a white, almost see through t-shirt and open hair....I like when you can almost see something but really see nothing. sort of an very unintended, simple sexiness....and scent of course!

02-07-2008
V.I.P.

I love all the old school style seduction tecniques, like the old silver screen stars, and like that of dita von tesse etc. a little goes a long way .. i think to much flesh etc. is soo trashy. But most of all confidence is a must, be happy with our self and who you are and this will shine through. I also think hair is a big must. Nice hair is very sexy

02-07-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowqueen View Post
I love all the old school style seduction tecniques, like the old silver screen stars, and like that of dita von tesse etc. a little goes a long way .. i think to much flesh etc. is soo trashy. But most of all confidence is a must, be happy with our self and who you are and this will shine through. I also think hair is a big must. Nice hair is very sexy
I agree with this. I don't get the appeal of a lot of the women that are considered "sexy" in recent years, not that women who don't fit into the mainstream "sexy" mold are never considered sexy though but it seems like a lot of the women who are labeled as that typically look like you might see them walking the streets and it's kind of pathetic that young girls are having that "ideal" thrown at them.

19-11-2008
Power to the 99%

I find that most men's cologne is a turnoff for me ... so many of them clobber you over the head and give you a headache But a great one is lovely, and even better is someone's own delicious scent

19-11-2008
barcode

^ God, tell me about it. I think that's because most men over-do it with the spritzing, much more so than women in my experience. And then combined with the fact that men's fragrances are usually stronger...

Note to any men: one spray right on your chest before you put a shirt on does wonders. Fragrances grow in potency with body heat.

I think the ultimate in seductive clothing (for women) is something with a low back. It's probably a combination of factors that makes it sexy; it looks like it might fall off, it exposes a beautiful and graceful part of the body and somehow there's something very seductive about walking away (if you're the person being walked away from).

(these are both extremes, but you get the gist)

dreamagic, bwgreyscale.com

19-11-2008
tfs star

agreed on the glimpse of the back! I also think confidence is the ultimate definition of sexiness! Beyond clothes, a glimpse of the hip bone by lifting arms or little grin while you are talking (close)! Body language of course, moreso than any type of clothes for me! Although i must say that there are mood killers clothes wise...

shake off your flesh

for scent, i think it's sexy when men smell "fresh" like laundry. and for women, i like more of a masculine perfume... nothing floral or citrus-y.

white t-shirts, on both men and women.

white cotton underwear. i find it to be much sexier than say, agent provocateur.

the nape of the neck

20-11-2008
Power to the 99%

^ I dunno about white cotton, but there certainly is a point where someone has tried too hard & the results are just not pretty Perhaps it works for those with indelicate sensibilities :p

Spike, I wonder if the men who are knocking us out just don't have a very good sense of smell ... I might add that there's something unattractive about wearing scent in that way, for either gender ... reminds me of that song "I'm too sexy ..."

20-11-2008
trendsetter

Black bra under white shirt: Sexy or trashy? What styling elements do you think could make the look work?

20-11-2008
Power to the 99%

^ I would say trashy ... a jacket over the shirt should make it work

PS I'm fascinated by how "dated" the shot of Catherine Deneuve looks above ... just her body, not the hairstyle.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 20-11-2008 at 04:36 PM.
20-11-2008
barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I dunno about white cotton, but there certainly is a point where someone has tried too hard & the results are just not pretty Perhaps it works for those with indelicate sensibilities :p

Spike, I wonder if the men who are knocking us out just don't have a very good sense of smell ... I might add that there's something unattractive about wearing scent in that way, for either gender ... reminds me of that song "I'm too sexy ..."
Oh definitely. It's too much, and even though overt sexiness can occasionally work for women, I don't think it works well at all for men.

It's also physically unattractive when the scent is so overwhelming, no matter how beautiful the scent is on it's own. Wear too much of it and it can become nauseating.

For a man, sexy is a crisp white button-down shirt with the top few buttons left open, just enough to see the collar bone and very top of the chest, and a five o'clock shadow.

I don't really know why though.

20-11-2008
Power to the 99%

Sometimes Obama wears a suit with an open shirt, no tie, and I remember thinking that was quite an attractive look for him :p I guess it's a loosened up & ready to play vibe

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
art, seduction, seductive or sexy