How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-07-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I grew up in the Midwest & there was no shortage of aesthetically challenged people Where I live now is somewhat better, but overall ... McMansions, for instance, I find hideous. And they dot the landscape here

27-07-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
With Moon in Taurus I would think you might be into private luxuries ... such as lovely things for the bath.
You're totally on the money with that one! I love bubble bath, bath oils, bath bombs etc. Though these days with the drought in Australia I feel guilty having baths.

@ gius: I irritate myself with how much I like things to look a certain way, let alone how much it pisses off other people.

Fantastic thread, I always had an interest in astrology when I was younger but never understood the more complicated aspects - this has given me something new to learn which is great.

27-07-2009
front row

sun:pisces
rising:scorpio
moon: aquarius (in 3rd house )
venus: capricorn (in 2nd house)
mars & pluto: libra (in 11th house)

what kind of combination is this?:>

01-08-2009
V.I.P.

Sun in Cancer, Moon in Aquarius Ascendant in Taurus, Venus in the Fourth House Mars Conjunct Ascendant Sun in the Fourth House Venus in the Fourth House Pluto Opposition Ascendant Moon in the Eleventh House Saturn in the Eleventh House

I cannot really identify with some of the Cancer attributes (e.g. familial, stay-at-home, maternal) and I have to say that I'm not very pleased to be considered 'slow' (ascendent in Taurus), but overall, the description fits my personality quite well.

Power to the 99%

^ Maybe cross out slow and replace with steady?

Sun and Venus in the 4th is nice ... do you like to decorate?

01-08-2009
tfs star

I doubt they mean slow as in dumb.

01-08-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Yes, I've known many intelligent Tauruses.

It's the fixed Earth sign, so it's the opposite end of the spectrum from the mutable Air sign, Gemini.

I've noticed that frequently when people have had the same job for 20 years, they're a fixed sign. Not always ... and then I suspect that if I could see their whole chart, I'd find Mars in a fixed sign, or something similar It's related to your appetite for change.

Leo is the fixed Fire sign, and I do like change of some kinds, but I really hate to move, for example.

I'm sure you've heard mercurial ... which refers to Mercury, which creates a restless energy. Taurus is the opposite of that ... and no bad thing in my book

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 01-08-2009 at 12:15 PM.
01-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Sun and Venus in the 4th is nice ... do you like to decorate?
I do! I love all the Venus characteristics - beauty, love, likes beautiful environments, social life, possibility to gain and prosper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeFrancoise View Post
I doubt they mean slow as in dumb.
I know. I was thinking slow as in completing tasks/doing things slowly, taking up a lot of time, never breaking your patterns etc.

Steady sounds a lot better, but I still think I verge more on mercurial, as you put it, fashionista-ta. I'm actually rather moody and unfortanutely, I'm sure a lot of people who know me would agree on that.

Power to the 99%

^ Just grab onto that Taurus anchor when you need it

01-08-2009
V.I.P.

maybe the slowness also means slightly introverted
taking in too much at one time, some people can handle or even thrive on that, where others will fall apart/become overstimulated. it's easy to get overstimulated as an introvert-- to others, it sometimes shows as a sign of being slow or aloof
myself i love to stay focused and give all my energy to one thing at a time

Quote:
^ Yes, I've known many intelligent Tauruses.

It's the fixed Earth sign, so it's the opposite end of the spectrum from the mutable Air sign, Gemini.

I've noticed that frequently when people have had the same job for 20 years, they're a fixed sign. Not always ... and then I suspect that if I could see their whole chart, I'd find Mars in a fixed sign, or something similar It's related to your appetite for change.

Leo is the fixed Fire sign, and I do like change of some kinds, but I really hate to move, for example.

I'm sure you've heard mercurial ... which refers to Mercury, which creates a restless energy. Taurus is the opposite of that ... and no bad thing in my book
so fixed means you don't like change
and mutable means you like change? i'm mutable earth

Last edited by gius; 01-08-2009 at 02:52 PM.
01-08-2009
don't look down

I would also interpret Taurus as a person who moves at their own pace. Or who moves according to inner timescales that perhaps can't be easily seen by someone on the outside, but which are apparent to the person themselves - and to them, it's more important to persist with their goals than it is to explain themselves to outsiders. Why waste the time, when everything will become clear when the goal is achieved?

Being Taurus doesn't mean someone doesn't have moods - nobody mistakes a bull for being something which never gets mad. And bulls can be charmingly inquisitive creatures, very alert and reactive when they perceive there's a real need for action.

a hymn to darkness

Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Virgo Ascendant in Aries, Mars in the First House Mars Conjunct Ascendant Moon in the Sixth House Venus in the Eighth House Sun in the Ninth House Saturn in the Ninth House

Major aspects
Sun Conjunction Saturn 2°55 <<<
Sun Conjunction Uranus 6°37
Sun Conjunction Neptune 1°36 <<<
Sun Sextile Pluto 6°15
Moon Trine Mercury 1°34
Moon Square Venus 7°25
Moon Trine Jupiter 4°30
Moon Sextile Pluto 7°53
Mercury Square Mars 4°53
Mercury Trine Jupiter 2°56
Venus Trine Mars 4°06
Venus Trine Ascendant 2°51 <<<
Mars Conjunction Ascendant 1°15
Saturn Conjunction Uranus 3°42
Saturn Conjunction Neptune 4°31
Neptune Sextile Pluto 4°40

V.I.P.

hey can you guys tell me about tauruses? im a taurus and i find that i get along with scorpios the best.

V.I.P.

Sun Virgo, Venus Virgo, Rising Libra

I have Mars in Virgo too.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean for my style... except maybe that I'm picky?

I admit I'm not very experimental, I gravitate towards feminine, form fitting clothes, but nothing too fussy. I like buying clothes that are versatile too so I can use to make many different outfits.

trendsetter

I love this thread! I've always been interested in astrology, but have never considered much how it affects my sense of style (beyond the fact that I feel like a very typical Capricorn in appearance).

I have:
Sun in Capricorn
Moon in Pisces
Ascendant in Aries
Mercury in Capricorn
Venus in Aquarius
Mars in Pisces

It would be interesting to see what someone would read from that in relation to personal style!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
astrology, personal, style