How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2007
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79 View Post
hi hun, when is ur b-day? i have a Leo Sun and Virgo Venus (LOL once i read a book and they describe this combo as virgin queen XD), but the my rising sign is pisces
hence u can see, im not a typical leo, in a way
July 24--same as JLo, who also has Venus in Virgo ... yes, an interesting combination

Yes, the fire & the water fight, it seems ... my feeling is it ultimately makes you stronger

15-11-2007
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheneveriwakeup View Post
Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Virgo, Venus in Sagittarius, Aries rising...

Cap is cardinal, Virgo is mutable, Aries is cardinal (?), & Sag is cardinal. As well as a significant Sun & Neptune conjunction and Sun & Uranus conjunction and Venus trine Ascendant aspect.

Self-delusion aside, the Cap placement, imo, provides a sincere undertone of either individuality or conformity. Every cap I've ever met is either excitedly special or mind-blowingly safe. The Virgo moon alllows for discrimination and keen assesment of my overall personal aesthetic, I think. The Sag venus (in the 8th house, to boot!) yearns for change and exploration. So overall, they tend to balance each other out. The Aries rising can rear it's impluse head at times, however.

As with everything, can't take it literally, though it is fascinating to explore.
Just one of each type per element ... Saggy is mutable.

8th house is interesting, huh?! My Sun is there. I think actually Venus in the 8th probably says alot

Mind-blowingly safe, I love it I say it's just a cover I don't think I've ever known a Cappy who was, but I've known them who wanted to be ... or perhaps they just wanted others to think so

Good analysis of Virgo moon. I wonder if my moon is affecting my approach to fashion in a way I haven't considered ...

15-11-2007
Power to the 99%

astrologyweekly.com
Quote:
The Moon in Pisces suggests a quiet, retiring, easy-going, super-sensitive, poetic and mild emotional nature. You can be restless, easily depressed, changeable, irresolute and easily discouraged by obstacles and opposition. To some degree you lack a matter-of-fact, practical and common-sense approach to life - by temperament, you are more emotional than intellectual. Psychic ability is indicated and you may be drawn to subjects such as religion, mysticism and spiritual growth. Music, poetry and romantic literature will have a soothing and therapeutic effect upon your inner self. Easily hurt, you seek emotional security through periods of peace and seclusion.
Yes, I would say this has zippo to do with how I present myself to the world

15-11-2007
Power to the 99%

Just had an interesting thought ... I would like to know the 8th house placements of all enthusiastic posters to the neogothic thread :p

PS I believe that Uranus transiting the 1st house is a "makeover" transit. (Experienced this myself.) W/b interesting to see Karl's chart at the time he decided to lose all that weight--don't know if that's what it was, but there's no doubt in my mind that you would see that change reflected there.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 15-11-2007 at 01:59 PM.
15-11-2007
tfs star

I have a Sun in Libra, Ascendant in Capricorn, Moon in Scorpio, and Venus in Scorpio.

15-11-2007
What fresh hell is this.?

Great thread..

I really don't understand most of this - and it has never interested me...
But after reading this thread and my horoscope I really want to know more since my horoscope seems to be somewhat accurate actually..
- it actually is quite interesting

Sun sign: Scorpio
Rising sign: leo
Venus: third house
8th house: Aries (Though I might not be a enthusiastic poster in the neogothic thread)

Quote:
a few key words in my horoscope: I'm supposed to be a self-reliant person, full of activity and energy, takes pride in my accomplishments, have intense passionate and lasting feelings. Being drawn to secrets, being frank, generous and amiable. Have a desire to rule, to organize. have overly strong impulses.
And I'm supposed to be keenly interested in the creative arts, in beauty, taste, and proportion
And the disposition of my intellect is apparently congenial, youthful, and attractive.
I'm not sure what this says about my personal style though.. I do have strong impulses from time to time which means my wardrobe consist of some impulse buys.. And I often buy different things that I happen to fall in love with, and for the most part continues to love..
About being organized, I don't know. I have to keep everything somewhat organized or else everything will be a complete mess... All my stuff, appointments etc. are still a mess even though I try being organized.
Being interested in art, beauty, and proportion is true I guess. That's basically what fashion and personal style for me is about..
My dressing has some youthful elements, especially childish ones, I think that might have something to do with being energetic and playful..

Last edited by Tinetush; 15-11-2007 at 04:00 PM.
15-11-2007
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinetush View Post
Great thread..

I really don't understand most of this - and it has never interested me...
But after reading this thread and my horoscope I really want to know more since my horoscope seems to be somewhat accurate actually..
- it actually is quite interesting
I always think that the people who think it's a load of claptrap have never gotten any good information It's quite difficult to do a sun sign only horoscope, which is what most people are familiar with, though it can be done & done extremely well (www.cainer.com is my favorite). It's a lot easier to get better information when you get more specific than that.

If there's something you'd like to know more about, let us know

16-11-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
July 24--same as JLo, who also has Venus in Virgo ... yes, an interesting combination

Yes, the fire & the water fight, it seems ... my feeling is it ultimately makes you stronger
i used to read that the combo of pisces rising and leo sun is prove to mental problem because of a soft first impact but secretly held strong believe....
and yea i have gemini as a moon, so i got all elements together (sounds like a recipe, isnt it )

V.I.P.

Quote:
Here's one take from guidingstar.com:

So I get sentimental, romantic, bohemian from that ... certainly not marching to the same drummer as the herd, right?
Romantic or period-inspired and very girly (almost Lolita-esque) clothing always wins me over: lace, ruffles, heart and flower motifs, and I'm an intensely romantic thinker sometimes. (Often... ) In contrast to this, I also favor androgynous dressing: suits and ties and oxfords, all of it... I guess that's my Gemini duality? -- I'm getting better at this (maybe).

Last edited by jennifer~; 16-11-2007 at 03:10 AM.
16-11-2007
backstage pass

Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Pisces Ascendant in Pisces, Neptune in the Tenth House Saturn in the Tenth House Sun in the Eleventh House Moon in the Twelfth House Venus in the Twelfth House

bits of my description are actually easily translatable to what my style is, I think, I wonder if other people could get a clear grasp of it from this:

This astrological combination points to a rather delicate and refined nature. You tend to be sentimental and are easily moved by beauty. You are interested in unusual concepts and ideas that appeal to your artistic sensibility. Your manner is gentle and kindly. A somewhat retiring person, you prefer the comfort of an obscure corner to the harsh glare of the limelight. Your imagination is powerful. Little incidents and random associations can bring forth waves of sentimentality. The studious side of your nature is awakened. You could develop your psychic and occult leanings. If you appear passive, it may be because you have few demands. You are charitable, sympathetic, and eager to share.

Power to the 99%

^ Interesting ... Venus in the 12th house of secrets ... that should definitely have an effect ... I wonder if you don't want your clothes to say too much about who you are?

16-11-2007
What fresh hell is this.?

Quote:
I always think that the people who think it's a load of claptrap have never gotten any good information It's quite difficult to do a sun sign only horoscope, which is what most people are familiar with, though it can be done & done extremely well (www.cainer.com is my favorite). It's a lot easier to get better information when you get more specific than that.

If there's something you'd like to know more about, let us know
Yeah I think that's true.. I've never gotten any information whatsoever. I haven't done anything to get any information either though since I really have never been a believer.. But I'll take a look at that page since i'm actually rather interested right now,

Oh and I know so little about this, I don't even have any questions

But thanks..

Power to the 99%

^ Well, I myself am a believer in whatever works, and a non-believer in whatever doesn't Sacred cow or mocked as superstition, I simply don't care ...

16-11-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
^ Interesting ... Venus in the 12th house of secrets ... that should definitely have an effect ... I wonder if you don't want your clothes to say too much about who you are?

actually, that might be true. there are some parts of my personality reflected by what i wear, but as a general expression of who i am? not really. people closest to me would probably describe me as kind of artsy and kooky, but as far as the image those words would generally give someone, i don't fit it at all. i wear a lot of earthy colors, nothing too vibrant. the details on my clothing are generally understated and i have this vicious dislike of most prints. people tell me i dress a bit like a type a, reese witherspoon (whom i dislike ironically) actually and i am the farthest from that as you can imagine.

a hymn to darkness

Cambry, fantastic placements! An Aquarian sun and a Piscean moon - interesting combo...

Ta-Ta - The 8th house Venus = morose romantic, imo. Tons of passion, sweeping gestures, an attraction to all things esoteric & remotely coffin-related....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
astrology, personal, style