How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-02-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ To me a t-shirt the same isn't horrible :p It's about how you're wearing it, and the other pieces ... If you've got a great sweater & shoes, so what about the T?
I aggree. I do not care if other girls've got the same H&M dress as me - it is the styling that makes the look "mine".

I also think the rock chick/ A. Wang / Kate Moss look is seen far to much and that is is kind of dull. But that's also why I love TFS, blogs, chictopia etc. - because I'm more likely to "meet" people with the same style as me, so I can get inspired, that I would be in real life.

27-03-2011
flaunt the imperfection

saw 5 japanese girls shopping in nolita...
3 of them were wearing an olive parka style coat with some sort of luggage colored boot...

and i forget what the other two were wearing...but they basically matched as well...

so- five girls...
only two looks...

it was hysterical...
:p

27-03-2011
backstage pass

I always try to get things and style them in ways that speak to me. I focus on me and what I like.

There is always bound to be someone that has a similar style as you, though. That's just the way the world works sometimes.

30-03-2011
Riot Bug

I kinda stopped taking street style pictures cause of simply and painful boredom... its funny though like most of them who were somewhat interesting stylish were also too much influenced but same old blog dementia striking the same crossing legs pose... its like certain blogs... u see a bunch of them and they look all the same... and makes you have some awful headache...
Id rather take pictures with less obvious posing or not posing at all as in certain festivals...
I'm not saying everybody is the same... but it might happen... So it goes to a total lack of style to over reproducing whats supposed to be cool...

its typical... shops have similar sorta trendy things... but one should be able to choose what suits better to them whatsoever the trend might be or not...

V.I.P.

i ve been saying this for months now by all bloggers dress alike. if there s a certain it item, you bet they re all gonna have it, it s crazy how i see the same exact shoe or bag or jacket on every single blog i read, and i read a lot of them on a daily basis.

30-03-2011
front row

i just don't understand the general mentaliy that when someone sees something nice on someone else, and that person immediately want the exact copy. i don't understand that desire at all. for me, it works the opposite. i will genuinely appreciate that piece of clothing on someone else if it looks nice, and will avoid having the exactly same copy. instead i will look for my own version of things. seeing something on other people, especially repetitively, will ultimately kill my desire for that particular item, no matter how beautiful or even flattering that is on myself, cause i will have the weird feeling that i'm picking up something from someone else, and i can't help it.
i guess personal touch and authenticiy is a rare thing in a globalized world which imformaion are being exchanged on such rapid speed. that's why i refuse to have a fashion blog, i guess, cause the world is in no need of my noise about friviloty (strickly applied to myself)

Last edited by greengrassia; 30-03-2011 at 12:51 PM.
30-03-2011
.my prison is your brain.

This thread started as the Alexander Wang/Erin Wasson clone attack, and now a few years later I feel like we are seeing a shift to the French girl/Isabel Marant clone attack, at least in Hollywood so it's only a matter of time before it trickles down and hits the masses. It's funny I never thought I'd tire of seeing a closet staple like a striped breton shirt, but I seriously can't stand them now.

ETA: softgrey makes a good observation about the olive colored parka, something else I associate with the French, probably because of the infamous Balenciaga ones.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 30-03-2011 at 02:09 PM.
30-03-2011
In Bloom

I don't really care if I'm wearing the same as someone else...as long as I think I look better

But I'm sick of seeing army jackets. I loved the one I got on sale 1.5 years ago, now they're everywhere. I still feel like it suits me better than all the trend-whores though

we were in love

30-03-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrassia View Post
i don't understand that desire at all. for me, it works the opposite. i will genuinely appreciate that piece of clothing on someone else if it looks nice, and will avoid having the exactly same copy. instead i will look for my own version of things. seeing something on other people, especially repetitively, will ultimately kill my desire for that particular item, no matter how beautiful or even flattering that is on myself
I feel this way about Christian Louboutin shoes, their omnipresence on celebs is starting to make me loathe them...

31-03-2011
Riot Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
But I'm sick of seeing army jackets. I loved the one I got on sale 1.5 years ago, now they're everywhere. I still feel like it suits me better than all the trend-whores though
1.5 years ago??? I got army jackets all my life... since a baby buying them at street markets that looked (and still looking) on me like coats, from exbf, stores,...

scenester

a lot of girls will probably disagree or jump down my throat but i loathe the jeffrey campbell litas. they remind me of kiss shoes. i think they're so ugly and literally every blogger has em. solestruck just sent me an email w/ the newly released spring colors. i wanted to vomit.

02-04-2011
Once King

Same here. Not a huge fan of the Lita's though I am a fan of lots of other Jeffrey Campbell footwear. The Skates look real cute but I have yet to seriously look at a picture of someone wearing them on the street.

03-04-2011
doldrums

It's common for people to gravitate towards a specific trend. This isn't a new phenomenon. I'm sure the new age of technology made trends more universal and compact. Yeah it's possible that someone might have the same outfit as I do since I usually wear basic clothing or mix and match articles of clothing it's not all the noticeable. Plus clothing fits and looks differently depending on body type, style and even complexion. The clone arrive when one or two look(s) becomes a standard.

07-04-2011
front row

This is why I love girls/women that dare to be unique

Don't get me wrong, I do like my girls that can emulate stylish outfits, but they are no where in the league of women that can challenge the current trend.

Interestingly, it is mostly women who are ~25 years and older who dare to be original. Maybe it's because they've broken out of that teenage "pack" mentality and found their own individualism.

V.I.P.

lookbook.nu... it's a symbol of clones to me. is there any girl at lookbook that doesn't wear jeffrey campbell's "lita" shoes ?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attack, clones, copying, fashion, sheep