How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-07-2012
you soft and only

I wonder how conscious this is for them. It reminds me of dog owners who "look" like their dogs (well, at least in 101 Dalmations).

14-07-2012
rising star

I think they wear like that for the photographs because it makes very Paris voguettes crew. But also i think that Capucine and Geraldine are extremely influenced by Emmanuelle. Geraldine has almost dressed like Emmanuelle for the beginning because she is her assistant and she grew up her fashion vision and taste with Emmanuelle. Contrary to Melanie Huynh and Benjamin Bruno who have been Carine Roitfeld's assistants and the latter has let them more free and explore different visions of fashion. But the problem of clones has always been here. When you see the picture of vogue team, this is black clothes, leather, very tight clothes, high heels etc.
Finally, here in France, a big majority of girls looks like Isabel Marant's muse because it's, how say that, our culture, our style in fact.

P.S : I'm sorry if i make mistakes in English

rising star

The VP team dressing alike rubs me the wrong way

I remember a few years ago Emmanuelle even wore miniskirts, jodhpur pants ect...Now it's almost always the same outfit, a cool outfit that looks great on her but still....

I don't know why that is? Perhaps they do want to appear as a team with a common aesthetic, but to me it doesn't really make sense. Why work in fashion if you can't have fun with the clothes? And why wear almost exactly what your boss wears? (I'm looking at you Capucine )

16-07-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
^
I'm laughing at the bottom pic so much right now...it's too coincidental that their walk was photographed perfectly like that...they look like soldiers ready for battle.
They so do!

I used to adore Emmanuelle's style but I feel as someone who has such a prominent position in fashion, she should mix it up every now and again.

18-07-2012
V.I.P.

agreed! it is sort of scary, but you see this mentality a lot through university. if you go to any sort of large party, no matter the income level of your uni or where your uni is, you will see groups of girls (and to a lesser extent, guys, because we can't single them out either...especially in the us, have you noticed that if there is one guy wearing a baseball cap that matches his nike kicks, there will be at least 3 more to follow?) that are wearing near clones of the same outfit, but it is always because there is one "riskier" or "more popular" girl who set the standard. it's totally fascinating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
I wonder how conscious this is for them. It reminds me of dog owners who "look" like their dogs (well, at least in 101 Dalmations).

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by minstinguett View Post
They so do!

I used to adore Emmanuelle's style but I feel as someone who has such a prominent position in fashion, she should mix it up every now and again.
I agree with you. I used to like Emmanuelle's style. It's very simple, yet chic. But it never changes. I've been observing it for quite awhile but it's still the same (white/black skinnies, blazer/black coat...). But I think that it is just this year she is wearing the same outfits over and over. She used to be way more interesting as far as clothing is concerned. Maybe she is just tired of all that work, now that she's Paris Vogue's editor in chief.

And yes, it is a fact, that Emmanuelle and her assistants' outfits look alike very often. Sorry to say that, but it looks ridiculous to me

Last edited by CursedPoet; 19-07-2012 at 07:10 AM.
19-07-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by minstinguett View Post

I don't agree at all. We were the one that put her in the position she's in, we decided she had great style and started scrutinising her fashion choices. She does not make her living by the way she presents herself, it's not part of her job. She said so herself. no matter how many times she wears the same thing, people will still photograph her wearing the same thing.

I think the Voguettes dressing alike something in conscious, i do not believe they just get out of their houses wearing the same thing and then Emmanuelle will just pretend she does not see it. They created a particular aesthetic for themselves in the office, and probably choose the same things from the gifts they receive.

13-12-2012
flaunt the imperfection

i am encouraged because this fall i have seen a lot of different styles and some individuality on the streets...

i hope this is a signal that people are reverting back to their own personal style rather than chasing every trend that comes along...

*fingers crossed*

15-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ diging some oldies...

If the "Voguettes" (that's how you call them ? nice) are dressed the "same", it's mainly because they WORK ... in FASHION. So when they go working in public and attend the shows, they have to have a Vogue DNA. They have to be corporate, and represent the magazine. Of course, they have to be a little different, some may not fit in the team and go. but if you wanna stay you have to represent the cool parisian girl who work in the MOST famous french fashion magazine (which is cool as a social status in Paris, i do believe).

and the cool parisian girl is dress like that (not really when she works, though - depending where she works). let's not lie to ourselves.

29-12-2012
V.I.P.

i own this black leather zara skirt pictured here.

this kind of stuff makes me not want to wear it.
http://zaraisthenewblack.blogspot.com.es

29-12-2012
flaunt the imperfection

and not one of them got it exactly right...
so hilarious and just a little bit sad, really...

29-12-2012
.my prison is your brain.

^ lol: Soooo true.

Notice how two of them are wearing those overly trendy Chloe boots as well. Barf.

29-12-2012
flaunt the imperfection

^totally!

that one girl almost had it right but she ruined it with THOSE boots...

haha...

well- at least they're trying...:p

29-12-2012
front row

Something tells me none of you would have styled that skirt any better...

29-12-2012
flaunt the imperfection

alas kimberwynn...ye of little faith...:p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attack, clones, copying, fashion, sheep