How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-08-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats View Post
I get pretty sick of fashion but only because I can't afford to wear the clothes I'd like to wear.
I have to “ditto” this one too. So much I want that I cant afford right now. I also get a little apathetic in warmer weather. I get stuck wearing the same thing over and over because most of my clothes are too warm to wear when its 80 degrees out. I do much better in late fall/winter when I can be more creative.

29-08-2008
front row

Affordability.
Hot weather.
Lack of inspiration.

& sometimes there are just more important things to concentrate on in life other than fashion.

Frozen irony.

I am sick of the emphasis that is but on fashion but not style, how people are looking the same... so yes..I don't like fashion, but I love when someone has style.

27-04-2009
Geometric Discharge

^ amen to that pucci.

27-04-2009
Power to the 99%

Sometimes I get a lot more interested in something else

27-04-2009
tfs star

I'm more interested in personal style than fashion in general. I'm also more likely to feel temporarily uninspired than completely sick of anything. And that applies to different things, not just clothes. And also like other people mentioned, I can't necessarily find the specific clothing I want because it's too expensive and I can't find anything similar for less money, which happens a lot. But now that I know why my sewing machine wasn't sewing properly and I have a list of places I might get good deals with, I should feel less frustrated by that.

Last edited by ChloeFrancoise; 27-04-2009 at 06:01 PM.
27-04-2009

I think it's normal to get into a rut, as with all things... it's kind of just cleansing, and allows to gather new ideas or consider other points of view.

fashion insider

Fashion excites me in many ways, but once in a while I have thoughts along the lines of "If I didn't waste so much time shopping, buying and reading every fashion mag on the newsstand, browsing TFS for hours, then I would have so much more money and time to invest in other things." Another thing that I find annoying about fashion is that every "fashionista" on the street tend to look the same. I used to be very keen about being "trendy," but I am now learning to veer away from buying trendy pieces and opt for quality classics instead. That way, I won't have to stress so much each season about obtaining the latest "it" shoes or bag. I'm just so tired of spending so much money and time on pieces that I'll end up neglecting come next season.

But no matter how money and time consuming fashion seems to me, I can't really give it up. There are so many talented individuals working in the fashion industry and I find inspiration all the time.

28-04-2009
front row

Constant lack of money is my main issue here, especially since I noticed I'm at a transition phase right now (and have things in my closet I would like to just be able to replace).

It's not about not having the money to go out and shop like there's no tomorrow. It annoys me that I'm not able to replace old and worn out clothes with nicer, more appropriate ones.

29-04-2009
backstage pass

I become sick of the people involved in fashion more than fashion itself. I love the creativity, but the price of some of it is ridiculous when it is mass produced and not living up to its price tag. A lot of people I've met in fashion have been completely ridiculous, vacuous and false, and I like people to be down to earth and realistic about the world. It makes me depressed.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleh, fashion, sick