How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-12-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Bleh: Do you ever get sick of fashion?
Man, lately I can't be bothered to dress worth a crap. I wear the same 5 pairs of trousers in constant rotation, and three of the five pair are getting shamefully shabby. I've got a small selection of tops that I seem to be wearing in heavy rotation, as well. Everything gets washed regularly, and I'm relatively tidy, albeit a bit down-at-the-heel. Hair: ponytail. Daily. Makeup: are you kidding?

I just feel like it is too much effort to fix up much. This outfit is too impractical for work, that one seems too juvenile, gosh, not a skirt--I don't feel like being goggled at by men on the street. Too cold out for that top, those jeans give me a wedgie when I walk around a lot...argh!

It's like I just can't be bothered, and frankly, that's not much like me. I've been dressing like "blah" for the past couple of months now, and I'm starting to get quite sick of it.

Could somebody share with me some tips to get myself interested in fixing up a little bit? Shopping is right out, 'cause I'm broke as a joke, but movies with good, funky fashion, or maybe books that have a lot of fashion influence, or just tips on what you do when you are feeling uninspired in the closet department.

29-12-2004
& b

There's some days that I feel like crap, look like crap, and just don't even bother on dressing up or even caking up my face, just walk around slacking and crap...normally, those days are those when I run out of my uppers or vodkie

front row

I usually don't have alot of wardrobe stress, but when I do I go through my entire wardrobe and then find a piece that I haven't worn and then force myself to find and outfit including it.

29-12-2004
seagreen serenades

Here's two past threads of films with fashion influences... http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...highlight=film
http://http://www.thefashionspot.com...ead.php?t=6956

For a film that's a bit 'funky' I'd recommend Party Monster...
Flamboyant colours + flamboyant characters + weak screenplay = could do worse

29-12-2004
Seductress in Eden

my best friends and i have allocated ugly days hehe you can have the whole day off caring

29-12-2004
flaunt the imperfection

a haircut is usually a good pick me up...and then everything looks fresh when you put it on because you look a bit different...

or maybe just change in haircolour so you could do it yourself and it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg...

29-12-2004
& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry daiquiri
Here's two past threads of films with fashion influences...
I loooove Party Monster...tres Heatherette

Meg
inspired contemplation

some days I definately feel like that. where i'm like sweatpants, sweatshirt, the couch and a movie. And some days I just feel so overwhelmed with fashion that it hurts my head and i'm like BAH! I do not care. however two hours later I'm usually back on tfs or somewhere else on the net surfing around about clothing

edited to add: realized I didn't answer your question! I agree with softie's suggestions of a haircut/dye job. I would also suggest looking around in the star style forums for someone's style you might identify with (someone who's a bit funky or has an elegance you appreciate) and look at ways that they mix and match and that can always provide inspiration. Another idea is to maybe sell some of your dresses or something on ebay and use that money to go thrifting and buy some new things?

Last edited by Meg; 29-12-2004 at 07:40 PM.
29-12-2004
flaunt the imperfection

i thought that movie was horribly depressing and some of the worst acting i've seen in my life...everyone DIES...or goes to jail...

ps...the "real" club kids looked MUCH better than those trolls...i used to go to limelight back then too...

29-12-2004
& b

Oh God Seth Green scared the f*ck out of me when he dressed as that green troll...

flaunt the imperfection

mmmhmmmm....

29-12-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry daiquiri

Loved Party Monster.

29-12-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
i thought that movie was horribly depressing and some of the worst acting i've seen in my life...everyone DIES...or goes to jail...

ps...the "real" club kids looked MUCH better than those trolls...i used to go to limelight back then too...
oh god... LIMELIGHT!!!

(drifting into memories...)

30-12-2004
misschloe

I know exactly how you feel because I've been like this for couple of weeks too. But I want to pull myself together and since a new year is coming, I promised myself to change the way I dress. I also joined tfs to get some new inspiration and just talk about fashion to get me into the mood and I'm also having my hair cut & colored and a facial next week

30-12-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Another idea is to maybe sell some of your dresses or something on ebay and use that money to go thrifting and buy some new things?
great suggestion, meg. that's what I do, selling my clothes on eBay. this effect is doubled: you delight the buyers with a nice collection of your wardrobe and you can enjoy and spend the money! and the feeling afterwards is great!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleh, fashion, sick