How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-04-2004
V.I.P.

I think its tow sided though, becuas youc an be severaly judged, btu it also lets you express youself very directly and creatively.

20-04-2004
backstage pass

~Do clothes give off certain impressions?
yes
~Can you assume whos a virgin and whos not by the clothes they wear?
no
~It's hard not to judge and assume things about people, I try not to, but it's difficult. What do you think?
i agree

sorry. kind of a crude response but i think most of the bases were covered and i'm a little tired

20-04-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by tott@Apr 18th, 2004 - 10:21 am
Your appearance sends out powerful clues about you, that's all. Clues.

It's impossible to judge practically anything solely from appearances.
I agree.

and I think it's true that people tend to judge others based on what they are wearing. but to tell if people are virgins? just why?! what if they are and what if they aren't? what's the big deal?!

20-04-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by MissPurple+Apr 20th, 2004 - 8:17 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ Apr 20th, 2004 - 8:17 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-tott@Apr 18th, 2004 - 10:21 am
Your appearance sends out powerful clues about you, that's all. Clues.

It's impossible to judge practically anything solely from appearances.
I agree.

[/b][/quote]
i also agree

sometimes conservative appearances may be hiding more 'sex' than meets the eye, it can be surely tricky.

as we say over here, 'dont be afraid of a barking dog, its the quiet ones that may attack '

20-04-2004
chaos reigns

Hum ... can the clothing style tell apart a person who's a virgin or active?
I don't think so ...
Now ... talking about clothing/style ... to me clothing is just another form of communication ... especially when we are on high school we try to identify with a "group" or "scene" by whatever we put on ... I'd like to think I can "read" people from what they're wearing ... and though you can infer some details and train an eye, attitude is what's going to tell you apart ...
Hope I helped!

scenester

I think that no matter what, people are going to judge. It's human nature. And what would fashion be if we didn't judge? I mean, you obviously can't tell whether a person is a virgin or not by what they wear, but there are clues. What you're wearing is a reflection of your personality.

'Nuff said.

20-08-2009
flaunt the imperfection

in the words of George Michael...

'sometimes the clothes, do not make the man'....

20-08-2009
doldrums

Sometimes it's about first impressions. I try to put my best foot forward whenever I step outside. My style reflects my personality. I understand not everyone dresses to reflect themselves in some cases it's more about "hey this shirt is clean let me put this on" and nothing else.

20-08-2009
Riot Bug

Nah I do judge people about what they have to say... if there just style and no brains im over.
Im specially attracted to eccentrically minds so i don't think people who i relate to is average even when they can seem to.

so no... gimme a brain, gimme an sparkle and the world will keep shinning...

i have to confess that i find it boring when people dislikes to try to wear different..but i do never judge people by their clothes soooo that means i never let them judge me by mines...

front row

^ You can't prevent someone from judging you by your outfit, not even when you yourself refrain from doing so.

I think sometimes the way people dress themselves can give you a little bit of information about their personality.

20-08-2009
Power to the 99%

^ It gives you quite a lot of information, actually ... but it's certainly not exhaustive. I think categorizing people can be interesting, but when you get done, you have to throw all the categories out and remember that anyone can be anything. The most uneducated person can make the most profound statement you'll never forget ... the most wrinkled face can be the most beautiful ... the 'beautiful' people can have souls that resemble raisins.

21-08-2009
Riot Bug

^the thing is if they judge me i don't care... plus im enough smart to make them change up their mind while talking to me in case the catch me in one of those days when u say please i hate these clothes... usually if they are smart enough they change up their mind quicker...also no matter what i wear i have a sense of wear it that speaks louder than the clothes itself... if they are not enough smart is just funny.

rising star

i think it's impossible not to judge people by their clothing at least a little bit. however, of course, judging people only by their clothing is not ok. it's easy to misinterpret people that way - different people have different attitudes to (the importance of) clothing.

21-08-2009
V.I.P.

i think the replies here seem very politicaly correct ... like 'ouh, not me ! never did, never will !'
perhaps because i'm french and in my country one judge a lot on the appearance (clothing being part of it !)

for me, it sincerely depends ...
but if i can be honest, i have to say i do judge sometimes ...
not necessarily if they have brain or something ...
but if i feel i can have something to say or even share with him/her ...
* that's weird, isn't it ? *

anyway, i'm shy so ... generaly i never do the first step !

21-08-2009
fashion insider

I think it's impossible not to judge someone by what they wear, first impressions are very important, but unless you belong to a very specific type of group, I think most of the times clothes, although they give you clues about the person they are not in any way conclusive.

I like clothes, models and everything that is looks related, but I spent half of life in stuffy dusty archives and libraries dealing with older people that couldn't care less about those things. I wouldn't be caught dead in a club and I avoid parties, gatherings, like the plague. Books are my life. And no one could or does figure that out just by looking at me.
If that's true for me, I think it's true for a LOT of people that I maybe judging probably totally incorrectly, because they prefer to wear certain things.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothing, his or her, judge, person