How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-10-2003
fashion icon

i mix brown and black

19-10-2003
scenester

Thanks for posting this Nikka. I too have been afraid to mix the two but will give it a try now. Thanks ladies!!!

19-10-2003
& b

Two days ago I was wearing a pair of Chocolate brown buttoned hem pants with a black shirt with a big brown silk belt on waist, and indian leather flip flops, for a beach party, and the combination looked amazing

trendsetter

I personally hate brown, dark chestnut brown.

beige and black, on the other hand, looks clean and simple. if you're afraid of them looking too "corporate" or "comformed", add them with some interesting accessories, they oftentime look very "pull together".

23-10-2003
V.I.P.

I think brown and black look great together. Just one simple little rule I have, though: Never wear brown on top, only on bottom.

A few visuals of CBK's brown/black ensembles:

Last edited by Astrid21; 15-09-2006 at 12:18 AM.
23-10-2003
rising star

Thanks astrid, I love her look... there's a casual elegance about her.

MaxHavoc, you must have read the same article I have ....

23-10-2003
& b

Its not the clothes, its her

rising star

You're right

23-10-2003
fashion insider

last one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carolyn4.jpg (36.6 KB, 37 views)

24-10-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Oct 23rd, 2003 - 1:20 pm
my god carolyn was incredible... I admired her style more than any person in the public eye and no one has ever compared.... she always looked good. ALWAYS... and wore so little…i sometimes remove jewelry and think it looks better without much at all and I then think of her she always dressed that way - less is more.

why is it though, that so many men think of her as unattractive. my father, my husband, etc I was discussing her at work and got a resounding, oh she was not pretty at all????... so often i hear that and it infuriates me. I guess her beauty is of a different kind.
I agree, Lele. She's my personal fashion icon.

My bf think she's beautiful in a classic sense, but nothing really stands out to him. He's said before that she is someone who is his mother would love. She loves me so maybe I'm doing something right.

24-10-2003
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by Astrid21+Oct 24th, 2003 - 2:28 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Oct 24th, 2003 - 2:28 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@Oct 23rd, 2003 - 1:20 pm
my god carolyn was incredible... I admired her style more than any person in the public eye and no one has ever compared.... she always looked good. ALWAYS... and wore so little…i sometimes remove jewelry and think it looks better without much at all and I then think of her she always dressed that way - less is more.

why is it though, that so many men think of her as unattractive. my father, my husband, etc I was discussing her at work and got a resounding, oh she was not pretty at all????... so often i hear that and it infuriates me. I guess her beauty is of a different kind.
I agree, Lele. She's my personal fashion icon.

My bf think she's beautiful in a classic sense, but nothing really stands out to him. He's said before that she is someone who is his mother would love. She loves me so maybe I'm doing something right.
[/b][/quote]
she is a great icon! so of course you are doing something right!

I talked with my husband about her again last night... he corrected me and said he does not think she is unattractive just not conventionally beautiful but with her style and grace was indeed heads above the rest. so phew!

24-10-2003
rising star

I think she looks so perfectly made up and so elegant that she appears aloof and
that makes men not attracted. I think guys like warmth. Now gwyneth paltrow who is another favorite fashion icon of mine has a certain air about her that makes guys want to take care of her...

Although I think Carolyn is more intriguing ...

24-10-2003
fashion insider

gwyn reminds of of carolyn sometimes... although carolyn could do no wrong and gwyn can....

26-10-2003
slightly dizzy

This brown/black topic inspired me so today I went out and bought coffe coloured leather gloves and a dark brown knitted cashmere cap.

I had a "Pretty woman" moment when I bought the cap. The salesman said something like "It's very..." and did the money/expensive gesture with his hand.

I just couldn't believe it, so I said "Excuse me?!". And he corrected himself saying "It's very warm". I did look very casual in Mulberry and Paul Smith with Levi's jeans and Prada shoes today, but really?? Even if I was wearing rags, I'd expect the staff to be polite.

Oh well, I'm more amused than upset. And puzzled. Maybe he meant that it was very soft and tactile, not "too expensive"?

rising star

I disklike salespeople with their hoity toity air. I went into this exclusive shop and at first nobody will attend to me ( i was wearing jeans and a t-shirt) . But there was this lady who seemed very down to earth and took a lot of time finding me a good wardrobe from a leather jacket ,pants to several tops. I walked out of there with the owner thanking me several times and as for the sales ladies who ignored me at first...its their loss since they work on commission ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
black, brown, combining