How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2007
rock-chic

I have been called eccentric in my dress, but to me its what feels right and I am comfortable with it. My friend, who also has her own style has a sticker on her mirror - it reads 'You laugh at us because we are different. We laugh at you because you are all the same'. I like that a lot.

26-03-2007
Bel
front row

I don't really. The strangest thing I wear is a pair of madras pants and I have some old fashioned hats on my wishlist... but nothing as eccentric Prince Poppycock.
I totally love when people do though! The idea of turing yourself into a character, making people stare, and acting like you have no idea why they're staring... I always kind of want to do that with myself, but it's scary.
With the way most guys dress though, I will look eccentric in the totally classic, shirts and ties wardrobe I'm trying to collect.

26-03-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliana
many eccentric persons surely are introverts and shy. talking from my own experience it's not about a rage against community or a desire to be in the spotlight. for me it's just a different sense of beauty, you apparently love items other people consider unusual and then there's that simple desire to surround oneself with those things. so it's more following a inner desire than considering one's environments reaction. and all that extra attention one gets is not always welcome.
and I totaly agree with tangerine about saying things with clothes one wouldn't otherwise. maybe it's the only possibility for really shy persons, to convey that they are worth not being overlooked.
i do agree, karma for you

i don't think i dress particularly eccentrically but where i live, i suppose how i dress is considered so by a lot of people. i like to take a regular outfit and add odd little pieces that i love. when i think of eccentrics i think of quentin crisp, isabella blow with her wonderful hats, david bowie as ziggy stardust...

26-03-2007
V.I.P.

bel i don't think you need to dress like a nut to dress in an eccentric way

i think so too completely lilliana... it's not like it's done on purpose

26-03-2007
& b

i too, dress weird according to normal people.

i think its normal for me to dress weird, and normal people look weird to me.

that sums it up, its an even hate

fashion elite

living in philly, i take people's comments on my quirky style as a compliment. i see them as too dull.

27-03-2007
trendsetter

my bright red shoes make people look at me odd sometimes, mostly my mom but eh.. whereas I'm very brazen in fashion I'm meek in other areas.

I get quirky a lot

27-03-2007
V.I.P.

I dress for me .. and no one else .. people say im quite quirky etc. with what i wear and i sometimes get werid looks .. so im not sure what that means

27-03-2007
tfs star

I tend to wear very eccentric jewelry. Most of my clothes are fairly normal., but my jewelry tends to be eccentric. The question I have about Piaggi, etc, is..does she ALWAYS dress eccentricly? Or does she have days where she wears say a pair of jeans and a t shirt? Does she get tired of dressing the way she does, but keeps it up because it's her trademark, or does she still love doing it?

27-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaneladdict
I tend to wear very eccentric jewelry. Most of my clothes are fairly normal., but my jewelry tends to be eccentric. The question I have about Piaggi, etc, is..does she ALWAYS dress eccentricly? Or does she have days where she wears say a pair of jeans and a t shirt? Does she get tired of dressing the way she does, but keeps it up because it's her trademark, or does she still love doing it?
She seems to enjoy dressing up just to dress up, so I doubt it.

27-03-2007
fashion icon

hell yeah i do..it spruces up my day...

Bel
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius
bel i don't think you need to dress like a nut to dress in an eccentric way
Hmm, I'm not sure about that. With the Cory Kennedy, scene fashion thing going on, it's like "individuality" is the new trend. Even Seventeen, about as mainstream as you can get, is pushing this "personal style" business now. Now that everybody is trying to be an individual, in a while you're either have to be impeccable or downright offensive to get any attention. I prefer offensive.

27-03-2007
Bel
front row

I'm guessing most people have already seen this, but how's this for eccentric? This guy is my HERO.
http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/petersFashionPage.html

27-03-2007
backstage pass

I don't dress eccentrically and I'm not a fan of dressing eccentrically. No offense meant to anyone, but I think it looks contrived and ridiculous.

tfs star

Ohhh Bel I LOVE that guy. I had forgot about him, thanks for refreshing my memory

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dress, eccentrically