How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2008
doldrums

More pics please.:p:p

Most people seem contrived at attempting to dress offbeat. Klaus Nomi and David Bowie during the Ziggy Stardust era dressed eccentrically.

I don't dress eccentrically but whenever I wear my hair big and out I always get stares it goes against societal norms if that makes any sense. Most people (at least where I live) go for a more sleek, straight and in place hair. Anything that go against what is perceived as "normal" will get stares/dissected or whatever...

05-03-2008
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkd1187 View Post
THank you so much Diamonds =) I love your look - mixing traditional menswear with cooler, casual things.

Heres the tailcoat I promised you. :p
OH. MY. GOD.
I actually LOVE that tailcoat and it has paisley!! It is way gorgeous! Where did you get it?!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

05-03-2008
tfs star

I don't, but I'm glad other people do. It makes things more interesting than if everyone dressed "normally".

07-03-2008
backstage pass

Sometimes I wear heels.
Does that count?

Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by baguette View Post
Sometimes I wear heels.
Does that count?
Ooo what kind of heels?

09-04-2008
tea time

the way people were looking at me today you'd think i did but nothing could be further from the truth.

i was even pretending to poke peoples eyes out for the fun of it because i was getting that many evil looks

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
09-04-2008
backstage pass

From time to time i get a feeling to dress a little more 'out there' & 'noticeable' but i wouldn't call it eccentric. One look i can think of and i did take a picture:

Some days i just get the urge to put on certain pieces that are more out there and stomp around lol

Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by empaulio View Post
From time to time i get a feeling to dress a little more 'out there' & 'noticeable' but i wouldn't call it eccentric. One look i can think of and i did take a picture:

Some days i just get the urge to put on certain pieces that are more out there and stomp around lol
I adore those boots.
I hate people that just dress normally.
I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday and we were saying how some people are in your year since you start and you never know they're existence or notice them at all. We came to the conclusion it's because they dress and act and style themselves like ugly normal people.

Nobody likes me style, i've tried to change it, but it's difficult

09-04-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by silk skin paws View Post
More pics please.:p:p

Most people seem contrived at attempting to dress offbeat. Klaus Nomi and David Bowie during the Ziggy Stardust era dressed eccentrically.

I don't dress eccentrically but whenever I wear my hair big and out I always get stares it goes against societal norms if that makes any sense. Most people (at least where I live) go for a more sleek, straight and in place hair. Anything that go against what is perceived as "normal" will get stares/dissected or whatever...
Well, in my book you are contributing to society by challenging the status quo, even with something as relatively "meaningless" as hairstyle

09-04-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by empaulio View Post

Well I guess somebody needs to define eccentric Certainly those people who dress all in one color qualify But I kinda think you may be edging towards it And I totally identify with your stomping around Me, I do it in red heels ...

09-04-2008
trendsetter

FOund a couple old pics - I used to dress much more daring then I do now.

My top hat.

Some outfit - tie, leather jacket, and a mink!

09-04-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Well I guess somebody needs to define eccentric Certainly those people who dress all in one color qualify But I kinda think you may be edging towards it And I totally identify with your stomping around Me, I do it in red heels ...
I agree, we all have our own ideas of people dressing eccentric, the people on the first page for sure thats the first image that comes into my mind.

Would love to see an action picture of you stomping in your red heels!

Power to the 99%

Closest I have

PS If Anna Piaggi is the standard for eccentricity, well we're all normal except for maybe a dozen people worldwide Some magazine--Bazaar?--recently did a story on this in honor of Isabella Blow ... went back to the early 20th century if not before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red shoes.jpg (55.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 09-04-2008 at 06:23 PM.
09-04-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
Well i don't quite agree with that, as when i get ready i dress appropriate as i see for my day ahead and that also reflects how i am feeling. I am sure some days i look as though i blend in to the crowd so to speak and don't get noticed as much.
Just as you said, you don't notice people around you when they don't stand out which i totally see where your coming from maybe they just have alot of days feeling like they want to blend in and be low key! lol

backstage pass

Sorry for so many posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
I adore those boots.
I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday and we were saying how some people are in your year since you start and you never know they're existence or notice them at all. We came to the conclusion it's because they dress and act and style themselves like ugly normal people.

Nobody likes me style, i've tried to change it, but it's difficult
Crying it doesnt matter if people like or don't like the way you dress its how it makes you feel that matters. I look at clothing like many do, as an expression of the wearer. If you feel good thats all that matters!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dress, eccentrically