How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
05-03-2008
  61
doldrums
 
silk skin paws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,358
More pics please.:p:p

Most people seem contrived at attempting to dress offbeat. Klaus Nomi and David Bowie during the Ziggy Stardust era dressed eccentrically.

I don't dress eccentrically but whenever I wear my hair big and out I always get stares it goes against societal norms if that makes any sense. Most people (at least where I live) go for a more sleek, straight and in place hair. Anything that go against what is perceived as "normal" will get stares/dissected or whatever...

  Reply With Quote
 
05-03-2008
  62
Geometric Discharge
 
Crying Diamonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkd1187 View Post
THank you so much Diamonds =) I love your look - mixing traditional menswear with cooler, casual things.


Heres the tailcoat I promised you. :p
OH. MY. GOD.
I actually LOVE that tailcoat and it has paisley!! It is way gorgeous! Where did you get it?!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

  Reply With Quote
05-03-2008
  63
tfs star
 
ChloeFrancoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,536
I don't, but I'm glad other people do. It makes things more interesting than if everyone dressed "normally".

  Reply With Quote
07-03-2008
  64
backstage pass
 
baguette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Gender: homme
Posts: 720
Sometimes I wear heels.
Does that count?

__________________
So what?
  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  65
Geometric Discharge
 
Crying Diamonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by baguette View Post
Sometimes I wear heels.
Does that count?
Ooo what kind of heels?


  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  66
tea time
 
Elegance.Is.Refusal.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: U.K.
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,445
the way people were looking at me today you'd think i did but nothing could be further from the truth.

i was even pretending to poke peoples eyes out for the fun of it because i was getting that many evil looks

__________________
"It is the unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory of fashion. that heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure." - Coco Chanel

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  67
backstage pass
 
empaulio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: homme
Posts: 528
From time to time i get a feeling to dress a little more 'out there' & 'noticeable' but i wouldn't call it eccentric. One look i can think of and i did take a picture:


Some days i just get the urge to put on certain pieces that are more out there and stomp around lol

__________________
.womenswear.menswear.allwear.
  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  68
Geometric Discharge
 
Crying Diamonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by empaulio View Post
From time to time i get a feeling to dress a little more 'out there' & 'noticeable' but i wouldn't call it eccentric. One look i can think of and i did take a picture:

Some days i just get the urge to put on certain pieces that are more out there and stomp around lol
I adore those boots.
I hate people that just dress normally.
I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday and we were saying how some people are in your year since you start and you never know they're existence or notice them at all. We came to the conclusion it's because they dress and act and style themselves like ugly normal people.

Nobody likes me style, i've tried to change it, but it's difficult

  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  69
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by silk skin paws View Post
More pics please.:p:p

Most people seem contrived at attempting to dress offbeat. Klaus Nomi and David Bowie during the Ziggy Stardust era dressed eccentrically.

I don't dress eccentrically but whenever I wear my hair big and out I always get stares it goes against societal norms if that makes any sense. Most people (at least where I live) go for a more sleek, straight and in place hair. Anything that go against what is perceived as "normal" will get stares/dissected or whatever...
Well, in my book you are contributing to society by challenging the status quo, even with something as relatively "meaningless" as hairstyle

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  70
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by empaulio View Post
From time to time i get a feeling to dress a little more 'out there' & 'noticeable' but i wouldn't call it eccentric. One look i can think of and i did take a picture:


Some days i just get the urge to put on certain pieces that are more out there and stomp around lol
Well I guess somebody needs to define eccentric Certainly those people who dress all in one color qualify But I kinda think you may be edging towards it And I totally identify with your stomping around Me, I do it in red heels ...

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  71
trendsetter
 
mkd1187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC-LES
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,015
FOund a couple old pics - I used to dress much more daring then I do now.

My top hat.




Some outfit - tie, leather jacket, and a mink!


  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  72
backstage pass
 
empaulio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: homme
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Well I guess somebody needs to define eccentric Certainly those people who dress all in one color qualify But I kinda think you may be edging towards it And I totally identify with your stomping around Me, I do it in red heels ...
I agree, we all have our own ideas of people dressing eccentric, the people on the first page for sure thats the first image that comes into my mind.

Would love to see an action picture of you stomping in your red heels!

__________________
.womenswear.menswear.allwear.
  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  73
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,468
Closest I have

PS If Anna Piaggi is the standard for eccentricity, well we're all normal except for maybe a dozen people worldwide Some magazine--Bazaar?--recently did a story on this in honor of Isabella Blow ... went back to the early 20th century if not before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red shoes.jpg (55.2 KB, 1 views)

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 09-04-2008 at 06:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  74
backstage pass
 
empaulio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: homme
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
I hate people that just dress normally.
Well i don't quite agree with that, as when i get ready i dress appropriate as i see for my day ahead and that also reflects how i am feeling. I am sure some days i look as though i blend in to the crowd so to speak and don't get noticed as much.
Just as you said, you don't notice people around you when they don't stand out which i totally see where your coming from maybe they just have alot of days feeling like they want to blend in and be low key! lol

__________________
.womenswear.menswear.allwear.
  Reply With Quote
09-04-2008
  75
backstage pass
 
empaulio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: homme
Posts: 528
Sorry for so many posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
I adore those boots.
I hate people that just dress normally.
I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday and we were saying how some people are in your year since you start and you never know they're existence or notice them at all. We came to the conclusion it's because they dress and act and style themselves like ugly normal people.

Nobody likes me style, i've tried to change it, but it's difficult
Crying it doesnt matter if people like or don't like the way you dress its how it makes you feel that matters. I look at clothing like many do, as an expression of the wearer. If you feel good thats all that matters!

__________________
.womenswear.menswear.allwear.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dress, eccentrically
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.