How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-07-2012
V.I.P.

Do You Have a Clothing "Rotation"?
are there any clothes you have on high rotation or low rotation? are there items you seem to wear again and again even though a lot of items sit unused in your closet?

currently, i have a number of blouses i am determined to wear 5 or 6 more times so i can donate them without feeling guilty. so i'm trying to wear each blouse once every two weeks.

03-07-2012
windowshopping

I guess I do have some items I wear more frequently (those 'comfy but fashionable' jeans for instance), but I do try to wear as many different things and styles as possible.

fashion insider

If I could wear my blue shirt and patterned shirt for the rest of my life I would be happy. I am really quick at getting things washed and dried, so I have to force myself to rotate so that people won't think I am some freak who never changes her shirt! I purposely don't own that many tops, but I have about 5-6 I use frequently. I have a seperate work uniform though, so that makes things easier.

06-07-2012
trendsetter

I think I have a pretty decent rotation. Some items is used more than others, but most is worn every once in a while. I do however, have some shoes, that I seldomly wear. Therefore I've beggining to get rid of them.

09-07-2012
rising star

I definitely rotate some items more than others. I like rotating outfits over separates and blacks over colors. My black skinnies are always in rotation. Luckily, moving home for the summer allowed me to donate many items that never get any play.

Last edited by seamnoir; 09-07-2012 at 06:41 PM.
09-07-2012
I don't know

I always have a high rotation on some items.. Then I get new ones and forget about the other ones. It's a vicious, endless cycle.

And I always end up in a place where I don't have anything to wear and have to think of what I always used to wear before.

19-07-2012
fashion elite

I have loads of items of clothing but I always end up wearing the same sh*t, comfy pieces. I always feel guilty about it afterwards. I guess I should blame it on my laziness because no matter how many times I try to work hard on the high rotation issue... it just never happens.

http://www.myspace.com/sonnycam
21-07-2012
Noblesse oblige

No. I really don't plan my outfits very much. But of course I wear my things more than once.

21-07-2012
scenester

There are items in my closet that get a lot of rotation. I guess when someone compliments how something looks it automatically goes to the high rotation part of my closet. I unfortunately don't give away what I don't wear cause I'm way too attached to thing. It doesn't help that my job requires me to only wear scrubs so things just seem to sit there forever.

21-07-2012
front row

Yup. About four pairs of jeans and five-ish black or gray t-shirts. I'm so f****ing fashionable. \m/
Posted via Mobile Device

26-07-2012
V.I.P.

^ It can be pretty fashionable I think. Perhaps not when it comes to fashion as the runway dictates but if you're subscribed to what a subculture or environment in general dictates, they have certain parameters/tendencies (aka. fashion for them) that those that are attracted or feel like a part of it will eventually adjust to.. it can range from being a cowboy, to follow certain kind of music, or any other profession. They have their own trends/influences/clothing essentials.. often more strict than fashion as we know it, cause any degree of experimentation (such as not wearing jeans + black tshirts or boots + plaid shirts for example) automatically pushes them away from being able to identify themselves/being identified with said group.

Anyway.. I do rotate clothes maniacally.. always did and continue to this day. I've been like this with everything though (clothes, music, activities.. people), I LOVELOVELOVE them for a several months, and one morning I wake up and there's no sign in the horizon I will ever feel any interest in it again. I try to be more discreet now as an adult.. if I really love something I do allow myself to wear it 3 times a week, but not more cause people start to speculate.. I do wash it, I just really love it.

I remember one summer as a kid, I grew this major obsession with a purple denim tunic (!!) that my mom bought me. It was so comfortable and perfect-looking (at least to me) that I completely forgot I had any other clothes, I'd sneak into the laundry room and 'rescue' it, sometimes would wear it wet.. my mom literally chased me trying to change me into something else. It all came to an end when one of the girls I used to ride bikes with just asked me one day [sad tone] why was I always wearing that purple tunic and if I wanted more clothes?
(and this is why I didn't have real girl friends for years- they'd never mind their own business!)

front row

^My typical outfit (Black t-shirt, jeans.) could be considered a basic metalhead outfit, especially with my long hair. It's partially intentional because I am something of a metalhead, but it's mostly because it looks good, it's convenient, comfortable, and works in the hot climate of my area. Still, I would certainly fit right in at an Opeth concert, even if it's not necessarily intentional.

I don't know

Mulletproof!! that story of you as a kid is so cute.. borderline obsessive though:p

I once had a terrible experience when I was 13 and was wearing this cardigan that my mom bought for me. Then I went to school and saw my 60 year old teacher wearing the same thing. She complimented me on my taste and I died a little inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Anyway.. I do rotate clothes maniacally.. always did and continue to this day. I've been like this with everything though (clothes, music, activities.. people), I LOVELOVELOVE them for a several months, and one morning I wake up and there's no sign in the horizon I will ever feel any interest in it again. I try to be more discreet now as an adult.. if I really love something I do allow myself to wear it 3 times a week, but not more cause people start to speculate.. I do wash it, I just really love it.

And I'm exactly the same. I don't even know what it is that causes me to lose interest, it's not like it gradually fades away.

26-07-2012
V.I.P.

^ .. at that grade I would've been teased endlessly by friends.

Also can't imagine my horror if I see a 6 year-old kid in the same sweater as me. I'd feel so bummed, I'd probably develop a [new] obsession with the meaning of "age appropriate".

fashion icon

I go through phases of what my favorite items in my wardrobe are. When this happens it seems like I cannot wear them enough and I will wish I could wear them every day if it was socially acceptable. Alas, it's not. I've noticed lately I've been wearing this pretty white lace top I bought in May a lot. It looks so flattering on me and I love the vintage vibe it gives off. I'm sure some people are sick of seeing me wear it but whatever, I love it, and I'm going to wear this shirt for as long as I damn well please!

It's funny, now that everyone is mentioning favorite pieces of clothing from their youth, I have to confess, I only ever wore skirts and dresses until fifth grade. In fact in third grade I distinctly remember having an argument with my mom on picture day over which dress I was going to wear. I had this pretty green dress that had a pinafore over it which I simply loved but my mom didn't think it was a good school picture outfit. I won of course. But now that I look back on it, I did look like Laura Ingalls Wilder in it (which is probably why I loved it so much)!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothing, rotation