How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-01-2012
backstage pass

Do you have a name for your style?
You all know those tests in the magazines where you can find out whether your style is romantic or classic or sporty or whatever. And you probably have seen the examples in those style book of the "sex bomb", the "lady" or the "excentric". There are so many words for describing a style and they often seem to be used on here, too.

I have been trying out a lot of things in the past and slowly I have found my style and I think I really know what I like now. BUT somehow I still don't know "what I am". I guess I have some elements of preppy with some elements of classic with a bit of playfullness... but honestly, I don't really know how I should call it. I don't think my style falls into any of the well known categories.

So I wonder: Do people on here have a name for their style? How would you describe it? Can you even describe it?

11-01-2012
tfs star

All of the usual categories to describe someones' style bore me to be honest and I feel it goes along with peoples weird (at least in my opinion) need to box things in and stick everything into narrow categories. I figure if I call my style anything at all I want to think of an answer that's actually interesting. I can say I tend to like simple not too fussy things, generally speaking, and if something has a very 60s shape/look (more likely mod & Catherine Deneuve in Belle de Jour than flower child), I'll probably want it. One thing I can say for sure is no one will ever categorize me as a "sex bomb" unless I've been replaced by a body snatcher.

11-01-2012
trendsetter

Not at all

I'm still experimenting a lot. Last winter I went for a quirky look. Now I'm into a more grown-up look. My stylecore is feminine and always has been, but with touches of simple and classic style, and then I love 50's and 60's fashion.

11-01-2012
fashion elite

One word to sum up my style- weird. I love to wear things that most people would never put together, like distressed skinny jeans with a dress shirt & a bow tie, paired with Balenciaga sneakers. I like mixing cool & edgy with dapper & polished. Just a few weeks ago, I went to a party & I wore grey blazer, pink dress shirt, black skinny tie, black leather skinny jeans, & black Chucks. I also don't own anything brown. Every neutral color I own is either black, grey or white. So yeah, weird is probably the best description!!

11-01-2012
front row

T-shirt and jeans.
Posted via Mobile Device

12-01-2012
backstage pass

In Progress.

My current style is a mix of new much loved pieces, and old pieces that I don't really connect with anymore, but I keep because I haven't found proper replacements yet. I like simple, clean lines and overall a 'polished look'. My hair is also 'in progress' and im growing out a pixie. My makeup could usually be described as either 50/60's inspired.

backstage pass

Feminine, understatedly sexy, and young. I love the lolita look, but my style's not very loud.

13-01-2012
tfs star

In the making

15-01-2012
Power to the 99%

Oh I hate those silly categories They always call me classic or something similarly lame. I don't think of my style in words. I remember someone once told me she really liked the way I put something ... I forget what she said, but she meant like statement shoes ... with other things that were 'dull.' When I gave her an old-fashioned look, she said no, she really meant it :p I think that day I was wearing a black sweater and pants with red patent shoes.

I think of my style, if I must put it into words, as classic with a twist + something bold.

16-01-2012
windowshopping

I would say that I'm colorful. It's a perfect descriptor.

My sister says that I look "uptown." Which is kind of her.

17-01-2012
V.I.P.

I´m rocker chic meets japanese lolita meets trendy chic LOL

I think my core style is rocker chic but I´m open to incorporating trends if I like them and suit me and I have a thing for cutesy japanese inspired things

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
style