How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2013
trendsetter

I wear sheer black tights and my fave have been Givenchy Essentials. I also like Tabio - their heart print ones are so cute.

Tabio.co.uk
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 12.08.53.png (303.9 KB, 1 views)

29-09-2013
tfs star

I only wear sheer stockings for weddings and stuff like that. I don't understand why anyone (except if it is your dress code) would wear them. I saw a girl in torn denim mini shorts today in town. She was very casually dressed, and she had on sheer stockings (but not so sheer I couldn't tell...) and flats. Not keen on that look. She probably wore them to stay warm in the fall weather, but it looks pretty ridiculous. When you look cold, and it is cold, you look a bit oddly dresses when you seemingly have nude legs...

Last edited by eizhowa; 29-09-2013 at 02:04 PM.
29-09-2013
front row

^ Well, personally, my thighs rub uncomfortably against each other... so I'd rather have pantyhose on than chafe my inner thighs and find walking painful!

29-09-2013
tfs star

^I get that. I probably should have mentioned that she was wearing sheer stockings that matched her natural skin tone. Wearing sheer stockings that are visible is one thing, but when you at first glance seem to be wearing nothing but hotpants, it looks a bit silly. I was wearing layers of wool and my winter boots, and I was freezing! When I left my house there was ice on the ground, and we have had hail storms this month. Bare legs looked out of place. She could have worn opaques, or black tights.

I remember a guy at my school made a stepping stool with a hidden metallic structure. This mean that it could be very delicate and still hold a mans weight. He didn't get the best review/grade, because it did not look like it would hold a mans weight, i.e. it would not sell easily, because the consumers wouldn't trust the product at first sight. The girl on the street did not look like she was appropriately dressed considering the weather. She looked like she forgot to check her calender or the weather report, thats all.

If someone wears a skirt in September here, they most likely work in an office, so of course I wouldn't think it a faux pas if they wore nude, sheer stockings

Last edited by eizhowa; 29-09-2013 at 05:58 PM.
08-10-2013
front row

I steal my wife's tights to wear on my motorcycle in winter. I must say that I prefer black to any other colour, as it feels a bit more manly. Perhaps I am a bit repressed.

trendsetter

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pantyhose or tights, sheer, wearing