How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-10-2010
V.I.P.

lol, i don't mind the heat (too much). i can wear t-shirts with a light shirt on top, or a colorful poloshirt, and either cargo shorts or more tailored ones. a simple outfit like that just lends itself well to accessorizing. bracelets, sunnies, necklaces and pendants, rings, etc. while in winter, everything is covered up.

11-10-2010
doldrums

I prefer winter and to be quite honest winter, fall and spring as easier. I can get away with wearing colder weather items in spring. I can pair my boots up with a trench coat and there's no way I can wear boots in summer without looking like a weirdo. My cardigan and lighter weight sweaters transition easily through winter to spring. It's summer everything in my wardrobe practically fall apart.

11-10-2010
backstage pass

I much preffer winter too... I love the way you have so so much more choice in what to wear... style as well as material. I think if you dress for your activity you generally dont have that much issues with extreems of temprature either... I know what you mean though as shopping can be a pain when its freezing. I tend to take the car... head for a multi story then dash from shop to shop underdressed... or have one big warm coat which is easy to take off... nothing worse than stripping off loads of layers in a changing room...

That said... I still way prefer winter... I love the luxuary of winter fashion... especially the quality of fabrics! And you dont need to be dark and dull in winter... I love that feeling of being wrapped up!

11-10-2010
front row

Oh, winter for me!
So many new textures, options, layers, etc. I adore winter accessories, too: the mittens, gloves, scarves, hats. I tend to pay far more attention to my wardrobe in winter, for i'm really not a summer person at heart.

Shopping for my winter coat is something akin to a nightmare though, it is such an important purchase that i literally take two months off the winter calendar merely searching for one
But once i have located the perfect winter coat (+boots, hat, scarf, gloves, bag....), i'm a very happy bunny.

12-10-2010
backstage pass

Neither! Fall is by far my favourite!!

fashion insider

Fall and Winter. I like wearing sweaters and jackets, gloves and scarfs, and boots

13-10-2010
windowshopping

I would definitely say Winter. No matter how little clothes I wear, it always seems to be too much!
Plus, I live in Australia and so our Winter is basically just rain and our Summer is blistering heat. That's why it's extra special when I'm overseas during their Winter - the snow is bliss.

13-10-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisGalaxy View Post
Fall and Winter. I like wearing sweaters and jackets, gloves and scarfs, and boots
Got to agree with that.

scenester

i always feel like in the summer i wish it was winter so i can wear burgundy, tights, boots, etc..but when fall actually comes around i wish it was summer so i can wear cute pink dresses....such ambivalence

15-10-2010
scenester

I prefer dressing fo winter.In winter I can play with layers have an inexplicable obsession coats, jackets and boots

V.I.P.

Winter and fall really. I love to mix with dark colors, layers, different kind of boots, scarfs. Everything is much more cozy and summer is most of the time too warm for me to bother with playing dress-up.
Nice to see so many preferring the colder months! Most people I know tend to like the summer the most.

17-10-2010
windowshopping

I prefer any season but winter. Though I love summers most of all.

18-10-2010
rising star

I love each and every season but I think I prefer dressing for Autumn and Spring! That's when you can really dress for the sake of it

trendsetter

i say spring. the most beautiful season, here, is def winter. but i hate covering up in big jackets and such. with spring you have more options; boots, sandals, heels. jacket or no jacket. pants or skirt.

rising star

I can't choose.. I guess I like dressing for all seasons.. in winter and in fall it's great, because I can have many layers.. but spring and summer are also nice.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dressing, prefer, summer, winter