How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-01-2011
backstage pass

I agree that it's nice more goes in spring and fall. I really enjoy shopping for all seasons though. I think spring/summer stuff can be really fun, but I also love beautiful coats/jackets/boots. If I have to choose, I think I prefer summer. It's when I feel most alive and have most time to shop.

17-01-2011
rising star

Fall/winter. Layering is cosy.

scenester

I like all 4 seasons and think it is very important to dress according to the season.
I enjoy planning and rearranging my closets, buying some new clothes and getting ready for a new season.

backstage pass

Anything but winter. I hate layering, wearing big sweaters all the time, having my coat on all day long,..the period from November to March is just awful.
I noticed that people dress a lot more nicely when it's warm, I do too. I don't like when it's boiling though but something like 25° is fine.

so summer FTW ! (plus autumn and spring)

01-02-2011
tfs star

Fall/Winter...because I love layering!

01-02-2011
scenester

This should be a poll!...

Personally I love Autumn and Winter, but I like spring too!... Summer... well... not so much!

Autumn because I can still wear t-shirts but I'm free to wear scarfs, boots and coats. Because it's colder but not too cold, and it rains! Lots of light leather jackets! And gloves!

The rain is also valid for Spring... I love those showers! I can wear trench coats but I can dress lightly underneath. And then when Summer approaches it's time to show some skin, and I can drive my Vespa without the windshield and feel the warm air, but I can still wear leather jackets at night.

Summer is just dreadful! Too hot to be stylish!... We're stripped to the bare essentials! It's nice to wear shorts and tank tops... show off sun kissed skin!... but when it gets too hot it's just not comfortable to wear anything! I'm from Portugal, the temperatures get really high in the Summer! I like it only at night when the temperature drops a few șC and I can have a Caipirinha at the beach or by the river, and then go out. People are usually more lighthearted and joyful, so somehow it balances the uncomfortable hot days.

Winter is when I can wear layer upon layer of clothing! Boots! Coats! Gloves! It's just cozy! And incredibly stylish if one wants to... But then again, I'm from Portugal, so only a couple of weeks between December and January are extremely cold (0 to 5șC), still, mostly sunny! I just love it! People tend to dress up, and some women specifically wear really stylish clothes underneath the bulky fur coats! On the other hand, some people just can't dress for winter and it's an embarrassing sight!...

Last edited by HPrince; 01-02-2011 at 11:26 AM.
07-02-2011
scenester

winter, hands down. As a guy I find it's that much easier to look nice and be comfortable in winter than it is in summer. autumn and spring strike a nice balance too but yeah, outerwear for life.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dressing, prefer, summer, winter