How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2007
trendsetter

Wow, this thread totally surprised me... I saw the title and I was like, summer, of course! (and my opinion is still summer)

Here in Norway everyone are grey in the face from the lack of sun and everyone are packed in huge coats/scarves/hats/gloves. The sun rises at 9 am and sets at around 4 pm. It totally sucks!

During the spring, summer and fall Norway awakens, and you see all these beautiful people in beautiful clothes (now and then ). They have tans and actually laugh more.

So, SUMMER for me!

05-02-2007
front row

I dress better in fall and winter. In the summer, it's too hot for me to be motivated to dress up.

05-02-2007
V.I.P.

I dress better when it's colder. I am not very good at dressing to heat ... if it means other than going to the beach. I even find Fall-Winter collections always more interesting than the Spring-Summer collections.

I have always problems when it's very hot at summer ... I don't like miniskirts or short, sleeveless tops. I do think this summer I could purchase some dresses and learn to work summer dresses as they do not seem as exposing as some items good for the summer weather.

backstage pass

I happen to be a little paranoid when it comes to this question...

during Summer I mostly think I'm not dressing well enough because it's simply too hot to layer. of course it depends on the day as it can be quite chilly as well, but mostly I just throw on a top and some kind of skirt/pants made out of a light fabric, so there's not much creativity involved there.

in Winter I think I'm not dressing nicely enough because it's just too cold to wear anything other than huge chunky winter coats that cover up the whole outfit or winter shoes that keep my feet from falling off but at the same time don't look all that fantastic...I guess I'm frequently choosing comfort over creativity, especially since I have to leave the house so early and it can be so damn freezing at that time I'd simply die of the cold if I was wearing ballet flats.

my seasons are spring and fall...

06-02-2007
front row

Definitely summer for me, I live in Canada and walk everywhere. I'm becoming increasingly less resistant to the cold so in the winter I'm all covered up in layers and I don't think it's all that flattering or feminine, though I did just get a pretty new wool coat that gives me a bit more shape than my last one. I still think I resemble a football player in all these layers though... I also can't wear pretty shoes in the winter because of the walking and slipping on ice, and the salt likes to ruin them. I love the summer because my favourite things to wear are knee-length skirts and dresses and I find I can cover up enough even on the hottest day because they don't cling to my skin. As for spring and fall...I don't remember having much of a spring or fall since my childhood, the seasons seem to change pretty suddenly now.

06-02-2007
trendsetter

FashionGrrrrl, you're totally right!!

06-02-2007
rising star

personally, i like the way i dress in the summer better. in the winter i get too cold and function overpowers fashion. plus, i'm small and all the heavy fabrics drown me.

front row

I prefer the way I dress in winter - I think it is all the dark colours, fitted coats, boots and trousers that work for my body shape.

It also means I dont have to be worried (so much) about the whole waxing every inch, tanning, leg showing, sweating etc that has to be thought about when Im considering what to wear in the summer.

backstage pass

I guess it depends, but I generally do fall best . . . yes, I know it wasn't actually a choice.

07-02-2007
rock-chic

I used to think summer, but have really enjoyed layering this winter and getting new looks out of existing clothes. I wear my fave summer sleeveless tops, but with thicker long sleeved underneath and cardigan/waistcoat over.
Winter used to just be getting wrapped up warm, but this time has been good for experimenting with styles

07-02-2007
V.I.P.

I definatly dress better in the summer. I feel so boring in the winter becuase whatever I wear gets covered by my jacket, and I only have about 4-5 cold weather jackets. Then I get to choose from my ~5 scarves to choose from and for bottoms in the winter I only wear jeans. I feel like I look the same too much.

In the summer though I can wear dresses, skirt, shorts, jeans, and lots of different tops. On slightly cooler days I can add a light jacket or cardigan. I can wear all my summer sandals and pumps, but also my winter boots and ankle boots too with dresses or skirts.

27-02-2007
scenester

I think that is neither winter or summer. Spring or autumn is the best. In the summer it's too hot to wear a lot of accessories or certain garments like scarves, tights, jackets, hats... and in winter you just have concentrate on being warm and winter jackets just can't look stylish. In spring or autumn it's possible to have most variety in style.

27-02-2007
V.I.P.

Fall and Spring. Winter get's too cold and as i only own around 7 jackets, it's harder to be orginal, while it's too hot in summer. I prefer to wear jeans and a sweater/tee, perhaps with a light jacket over and boots without sweat to death.

27-02-2007
trendsetter

summer! I love wearing a dress and feeling the sun on my skin. I feel like I can experiment with colour more too whereas in the winter the colours are always dark and drab. Summer also makes choosing what to wear so much easier. If you buy interesting tops to go with your basic shorts then it still looks a bit different. Also, I hate wearing tougher shoes in the winter. I like my sandals and pumps rather than my converse trainers which I avoid in the summer. I guess for me it's ok because my summers (usually) are the right kind of hot.

27-02-2007
just because I'm losing

I like both for different reasons, but I think I'd say I dress better in winter. Purely because I have more options and variations. In summer I just want to be cool and comfortable, so I tend to stick to dresses. Which I think can be quite boring sometimes. Because I don't want to wear much else, so the outfit always seems to lack something. I can't add a top or much jewellery.
Whereas in the winter I can layer, wear dresses and trousers and add more accessories.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dressing, prefer, summer, winter