How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-04-2009
tfs star

I would agree about Spring and Autumn, but Spring weather changes too often here that I sometimes feel confused about what I should wear and end up in the wrong things. Yesterday was more like a hot summer day but I didn't feel that uncomfortable and I wore a dress which I think helped me feel a little cooler. I was right. I definitely need more dresses I can wear casually in the summer.

27-04-2009
V.I.P.

I think for me it is easier to dress for winter because it's almost always winter here where I live When spring comes I am so confused on what to wear, especially when in the morning temperature can be somewhere around +5 celcius and couple hours later it is +15 celcius!

27-04-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaMare View Post
I guess I prefer spring/autumn. Winter dressing is nice but it gets tiring when you, despite being bundled up in wool and cashmere, still feel like you're freezing to death.

Summer is a pain. I mostly end up panicking, hating my wardrobe, and struggling to find the ideal dresses to battle the heat.

Spring and autumn are perfect. I can wear my usual uniform of flats, Wolford tights, great dresses with a variety of jackets and scarves. Without having to worry about if it is too hot or too cold.
I too like the transitions, and part of what I like is the newness of the season ... wearing new pieces and breaking out old friends, and the other piece is the creativity of dressing for the in-between seasons, I like that too.

27-04-2009
Frozen irony.

I like when it's cold enough to wear any of my jackets as they are an essential part of my look and tights or bare legs with flats..there is just something so liberating about being able to wear anything in your wardrobe.

28-04-2009
front row

for me def summer! just love the feeling that skin finally gets the chance to be in touch with the open air. and breath...the bare feet, bare arms, bare shoulder...all feels quite free, breezy and sensual, and those flowy dresses!

scenester

Call me indecisive (you'd be right), but I prefer Autumn.

Being able to mix most of my summer items with most of my winter items means I have more styling choices, which is definitely my idea of a good time!

I love warm weather, but around mid-July I really start missing my boots and sweaters...

28-04-2009
backstage pass

I love summer! mainly because I love floral print, lighter colors, and wearing dresses

29-04-2009
fashion icon

I despise winter weather,and yet I've no idea how to dress myself for summer. Today the weather is lovely and warm and yet I still didn't know what to wear,and ended up wearing layers and layers of clothing,dressing for winter is just far easier for me. I think part of it is I like hiding myself away under layers of clothes and summer dressing doesn't generally allow for that I suppose.

29-04-2009
in the mood for love

Summer. Somehow I have more summery clothes... plus, i love wearing dresses and in winter its hardly ever possible

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I too like the transitions, and part of what I like is the newness of the season ... wearing new pieces and breaking out old friends, and the other piece is the creativity of dressing for the in-between seasons, I like that too.
Exactly. I'm always excited at the beginning of any weather transition, but months into it I start getting so antsy. It's the perfect time for a style make-over or if you want to debut a new style. I am always trying to improve my style. And I before when I first started showing my love of fashion on the outside, I didn't want to one day go from slob to chic, so at the transitions it's easier. Because then you can say you're just trying to dress for the weather. I just hate when people ask, "why are you so dressed up?" What's wrong with looking nice for once or for always, right? It's just sometimes people make it sound like a bad or weird thing.

29-10-2009
Power to the 99%

Perhaps any season that's new is the one I prefer Right now it's nice wearing tights, and suede, and sweaters ...

29-10-2009
fashion insider

I am loving autumn dressing. I think it's cause I really want to wear boots.. wedge boots, flat biker boots, slouchy boots, suede, and knits.. also I want to wear my leather jackets and fleece-lined jackets. i just don't like when it rains.. pretty hard to wear leather or suede in the rain, plus i hate umbrellas and hoods.

29-10-2009
backstage pass

Autumn/Winter, but our autumns down here are schizophrenic, so it'll be 90 degrees and sunny one day and 48 with cloudy skies and 30 mph wind gusts the next. But, I do love wearing boots, and sweaters, and jackets/coats. I've become obsessed with coats since moving up North (Texas). I have my eye on so many, and I can actually wear them up here! Cold weather truly only lasts for a month back home in Houston.

29-10-2009
backstage pass

definitely winter. we don't really get much of a winter here, unfortunately

backstage pass

Fall/winter. I find it's so much more fun dressing for cold weather than for warm. You have so many more options. In the summer it falls into:
Dress + sandals. Tank + skirt + sandals. Tank + shorts + sandals. You literally could have 5 items in your whole wardrobe and be set for summer. But with winter, because of layering and tights and jackets and sweaters and scarves, you have infinite possibilities. Also, you have the chance for the "reveal" -- you're wearing an awesome coat outside, but you go inside and voila! an even awesomer outfit. I guess I like dressing for winter more because for me dressing is all about the drama.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dressing, prefer, summer, winter