Do you wear band shirts? - Page 14 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
29-05-2009
tfs star

Funny that I came across this thread today as I was just thinking about getting some new band t-shirts. I think these are all the ones I have:

Radiohead
Jimi Hendrix
Nirvana
Llama Farmers
Deftones
Pixies
Weezer
Silverchair

Back in high school, I had always wanted to make some tees myself because they weren't readily available. It took me forever to find this one store and their selection was limited, plus the sizes were generally like L or XL. I probably should have taken the initiative, however now that shopping + technology have caught up to each other, I think that I'll try ordering some online (HS wasn't that long ago, but it wasn't as popular/widespread for me to try -- also no credit card).

I don't really wear them all that much now because most of them are huge/baggy and I've really moved away from that oversized look. But if I can find more fitted shirts (like my Pixies one) I would definitely rock a band tee.

01-06-2009
backstage pass

I've got a Rolling Stones one
I really want Beatles one & a Bowie one <3

tfs star

No. I don't have any band shirts because I'm not as crazy about rock music (like (99.5% of the world). Nor am I crazy over any artist or group (of any genre) to where I'm indulged in the fashion culture of music. So no... you won't find a Rolling Stones T-shirt or anything in my closet.

V.I.P.

I'm usually not a big fan of this... at least not for myself. I think it only looks good when worn "authentic" - not like (how already mentioned before) all these cool kids who wear shirts of Bowie simply because they are sold at H&M But it can defenitely look very nice!

Example:

stockholmsstreetstyle.feber.se

Btw: where do you guys buy all your Band shirts? From the concerts directly, on the internet...?

Last edited by nijuyanah; 25-08-2009 at 05:25 AM.
25-08-2009
V.I.P.

i do wear them... well, only 2 the beatles and one is supercool like abbey road record, also i have one that my sis gave me, it's pete and kate as
cartoons

25-08-2009
Riot Bug

aaaaaaaall the time gotta post more pics with more band t shirts

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijuyanah View Post
[SIZE=3]
Btw: where do you guys buy all your Band shirts? From the concerts directly, on the internet...?
I get mine at concerts etc. I've also thrifted a few and my mum gave me a few of her old ones. I think the ones you can buy in H&M and things like that are a waste of money, you want them to look authentic, and you can probably find them on a market stall or in a thrift store for much cheaper

25-08-2009
front row

I have a Delirious? t-shirt, (don't have a pic of it) which I got from this thing at the NEC last year,
I have this Casting Crowns shirt (it's way too big, I need to do something with it...)

castingcrownsmerch.com

and this Switchfoot one I got from the Bro-Am in San-diego earlier this summer

25-08-2009
rising star

I wear band tees from the 70's and 80's that were originally my parents'. I have one that I bought, but I just love the soft, worn feel and look of the originals...

John Cocteau
27-08-2009
Riot Bug

sometimes its like "please don't wear a band t shirt if you don't know the band..." that annoys me sooooooorry im picky with that A LOT:p

i even wear single band t shirts is that sick...i like this single title though from a Londoner band called Big Linda ...it says: "I don't even like you" ( and well the story is some girl asking some guy when they were going to get married... a bit Bukowski answer right? but its true story and i met the guy in a big famous backstage who told me some stories... not related with that though... someone told me "be careful" but im bad news myself).

Riot Bug

I want to get this one in a lousy size maybe

source:sammerch.com/product/758/Womens_Brown_Rose_Shirt

front row

I love band shirts, but I'll only really wear ones that are authentic, and of bands I really listen to and enjoy.

05-09-2009
fashion icon

duh. Love em

Not Thinking About Time

I wear ones I get from concerts because they are usually more interesting and you don't see that many people wearing them. I used to wear them all of the time in highschool but I feel that I am becoming to old for them unless they are more artistic.

Portfolio Last FM
06-09-2009
oh! darling

I hate when people wear band shirts of people they don't even listen to. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the statement you're making? Someone wore a shirt with Jimi Hendrix on it. And they couldn't even tell me the name of the band. (It's The Jimi Hendrix Experience.)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
band, shirts, wear