How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-12-2005
backstage pass

Do your winter hat/scarf/gloves match?
Do you wear matching sets of hats and scarves? maybe even the matching mittens too?

Do you have any hat/scarf/gloves matching rules you try to stick with?

18-12-2005
rising star

i wear a multi colored scarf and pick a color from it and match the gloves to that color

18-12-2005
blue

i have scarves in red/orange/pink/sage/babyblue/gray/ and have gloves in black/gray/white/red.
i dont really see the point of matching gloves/scarves so i just choose whatever i like at the moment.

Power to the 99%

Nope ... my gloves are brown leather, and my hat is ... well, I won't describe it, but I only wear it when walking in the bitter cold to prevent earache. I bought it out of desperation one night when I really needed it at Wal-mart. OK, I will tell you but you can't tell anyone It's ivory knit with a blue intarsia butterfly There might even be a pompom or two, I don't know, I've repressed it My scarf before moths did corrupt was Burberry traditional plaid cashmere. I will probably replace it with something similar. It matched the lining of my trench.

Btw, the gloves are kinda ugly and thus they are "lucky." Before them, I would always lose gloves. These have stuck with me in an amazing way. I want some slick black gloves, but ...

19-12-2005
windowshopping

This winter I bought a gorgeous, huge deep purple colored scarf from club monaco. I've been wearing it with black leather gloves. I have a matching set of cashmere scarf/gloves/toque that I bought last year from Coach but I don't wear it very often because everything matching looks too uniform to me. I like to mix and match sets, it adds some flavor to the boring array of monochromatic winter jackets/boots/scarves/gloves around the city!

And I guess I should be honest and admit that I own about 20 different winter scarves because I get bored with things really easily

19-12-2005
V.I.P.

YES. Although, normally I like to coordinate (it's more original) I think that mis matched gloves, hat and scarves (esp when it's a solid color) is a sloppy look.

I have a Coach Optic muffler which is mainly black but has grey and white, so I wear my grey gloves and hat from Benetton, there is also a scarf from the same line. Also I got a peacock scarf, hat and gloves from Benetton, I think it's so chic when it's freezing to have a fun but not crazy color to spice things up. Right now I want a black basketweave muffler from H&M, it's from the women's collection so it might be too small, gotta try it on.

19-12-2005
front row

living in scandinavia has meant that i now have a big wicker hamper with all manner of random scarves, gloves and hats and I also have a rail of different coats.

Many of my coats have patterns or prints, so then i wear plain scarves and gloves eg. I have a light grey pashmina that I wear knotted (idea stolen from 'what are you wearing today' thread) and light grey leather gloves that goes with everything.
I am attracted to those cute sets with all matchy stuff in bright colours and I keep buying them but I actually think I get more out of classic, good quality stuff.

In the january sales, I will look for a dark grey cashmere scarf and maybe hat, and some grey or black sheepskin lined gloves/mittens.

19-12-2005
front row

yes, always. i have a green set, a black set and a burberry set. i never mix them.

19-12-2005
tea time

i've never really had matching gloves scarf and hat since i was little.

i dont really have matching things in my wardrobe apart from the fact that most of it is black. i like to have co-ordinating things rather than matching as its more my style.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
19-12-2005
V.I.P.

I almost never coordinate anymore. I used to have a hat and gloves that matched but I can't find them. All my gloves seem to disappear no matter what so I buy the $2 gloves at Fred Meyer and boy do they work wonders As far as hats go I don't have a whole lot in that department although I made a hat and scarf out of the same yarn so that if I ever want to I can match. I'm mainly a scarf person because in Seattle it's not blisteringly cold.

21-12-2005
front row

They are complementary but never matching. Matching makes me feel like a little kid!

21-12-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I always try to have my accessories in the same color group... interestesting thread...

Today my gloves and scarf were cream, and my hat beige... I really should invest in a nice set. I'm waaaaaay over due.

21-12-2005
front row

nooooooooooo, i basically have 2 pairs of gloves. 1 black suede leather pair, and 1 light blue smokers mit's only worn for pumping gas...I do have like 20 scarves...So no they dont match in the least...That is, unless I wear black.

21-12-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodles
They are complementary but never matching. Matching makes me feel like a little kid!
Same here.

Today I have Magenta Leather gloves (Ithem more than is normal), a cashmere ruffled scarf in a similar colour, and a black beanie with a hot pink crystal brooch on it.

Not too much of a mish-mash, but I don't look like I fell in the clothing donation bin at the tip either

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hat or scarf or gloves, match, winter