How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-06-2005
Storm & Sommer

VG..it's summer..that wig is going to feel like a big warm wooly cap..not to mention that the thing you do when you go clubbing is dancing which means you'll probably be perspiring loads..(again I miss a perspiring smiley )

And the idea of colouring you eyebrows black..what's gonna happen when you're not wearing the wig..are you going to bleach your eyebrows back to they lighter colour ? Make sure your make up lady is certain of what she is doing..

pinterest : hanneonpin

25-06-2005
V.I.P.

vg..the dress is not ugly..i just think that you could find something more flattering...i agree with hanne on the wig thing......go as yourself...your feautures and a dark tan will look great..as fot the boots..if you're going for a flowy dress look...it might be too heavy a matireal...plus it is summer as it has been mentioned.......the heat and suede.....no good...i would do a strappy sandal..or maybe a cage shoe or simple pump with a hot heel...i'll pm you some ideas

about to fall or fly

^ i agree with the above! the wig, besides just being hot, will move around a lot. and dying your eyebrows black (if that's what you meant and not just coloring them in) will be a mess. i like the boot idea, but it's true..it will be hot. i'd go with something lighter to club in.

25-06-2005
Seductress in Eden

Why am i so fashionably retarted at the moment... i have long blonde hair and have always been jealous of black haired girls because they are all so pretty...

Most of my dresses are too couture.. like too dressy to wear to a club...
jssy4eva and i have been brainstorming and have come up with

tight white versace pants and white strappy stilettos... still desiding on the top

26-06-2005
front row

Thanks for the feedback on the shoes everyone. I ended up wearing the heels but with a different outfit as the weather changed this weekend…

V Goddess…If you want to look your best for this date I would caution against white pants very hard to pull off even with perfect supermodel shape…plus, for a hot date I would go for a dress If you have a couple of weeks why not look for a nice dress maybe in silky jersey -> sexy/feminine yet comfortable to dance in? I would choose a solid color & accessorize with bold jewelry...Just an idea...Then again, I've been known to wear suede boots in summer so don't listen to me JMHO- have fun

26-06-2005
blue

VG,
id skip the wig and suede boots because its just going to be way too hot in the club.
also the dress is very flowy so i dont think the boots will go well with them.
id also skip the white pants if you are going clubbing. id worry about them getting dirty..

my suggestion is..
keep the dress, dont wear the wig, im sure your blonde hair will look gorgeous..
for the shoes..
think 4" high, gold, and strappy.

go to zappos->womens sandals->ankle strap->then choose high heel & gold for some ideas

V.I.P.

^ I'm with Cloud9, VG. I think a strappy heel is more appropriate with that dress for summer, but I think your suede boots would be a great option to transition the dress into fall/winter with a dark shrunken jacket. Just a tip for later...

PS - all those raven haired beauties are probably in awe of your blonde mane I'm sure you'll look lovely as your blonde self. Have fun!!

30-08-2005
rising star

Opinions re: This look
I'm almost 40 and usually wear skirts that hit just at the knee. But I saw this skirt on the Ralph Lauren web site and I'm kind of attracted to it. Would any of you wear this skirt (with boots of course)...if you were my age?

P.S. I do have legs like the model in the picture.

30-08-2005
V.I.P.

Hi Em - I felt this question belonged in "Does this work", so I merged

If you have the legs... GO for it sistah!! Personally though, I'd opt for a flat boot or shoe. IMO, heels and minis are a slightly tarty Enjoy!

30-08-2005
living in the sprawl

Emily, I would not ... instead I would tuck some skinny jeans in to boots.. looks classier and sexy!

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
01-09-2005
front row

Emily, I think it could be nice for fall with opaque tights and (possibly flat) boots in the same color. (I pers. would even prefer thick knit textured tights or leggings but that is perhaps less the look you are going for? )

01-09-2005
retro queen

Emily, it's a cute skirt. Personally though I wouldn't wear a short skirt with high heeled knee boots at any age. I agree with Curious, I think it's hard to pull off that look without looking....well, you know.

I would wear it as a very casual skirt in Summer with flats or as nr9dream suggested with tights and flat boots for cooler weather.

Don't worry about being nearly 40...if you have the legs for it.....go for it.

02-09-2005
rising star

HI, I disagree with everyone!

My mother is 46 and has better legs than i do... she wears mini skirts and looks terrific! if you've got it flaunt it... it would be a shame not to!

13-10-2005
windowshopping

English gentle men meet's rock
I would get comment's on a style I'm thinking about pulling off. I'm 5'9, dark brown hair, lightly tanned, 17 years old and of course male.

*Yves Satin Laurent 2005-2006 men's shoes Johnny boot in chestnut suede and matte brown leather
*Diesel 2006 denim jean "Yarik" low front and slim leg
*Crisp white shirt with fitted pastal yellow-tan blazor (might also get a purple one to bring out the brown in my hair/eye's
*Thin leather neclace with something gold

Questions:

* Do you think a YSL boot with shiny brown is better?
* Could I pair the jean's and boot's with a couple Gucci top's from the spring 2005 collection?

Last edited by danielboy76; 13-10-2005 at 04:09 PM.
13-10-2005
V.I.P.

Welcome to tFS danielboy76

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand... are you asking if you could pull this outfit off? If so, it sounds very nice and I wouldn't think you would have a problem based on your description

Edit - just saw your questions. I'd say no to question one and yes to question 2...

Last edited by Curious; 13-10-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, feedback, good, shoe, work