How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-04-2006
girl who fell to earth

style_star it sounds like pairing the black leggings with the black skirt could be a little tough depending on what shades of black they are and how opaque the tights are . . . i would really have to see a picture to give a better opinion but maybe colored footless tight would work better? ... or even lacey ones?

12-04-2006
scenester

do you think that works?

better with jeans or white trousers?

12-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM
style_star it sounds like pairing the black leggings with the black skirt could be a little tough depending on what shades of black they are and how opaque the tights are . . . i would really have to see a picture to give a better opinion but maybe colored footless tight would work better? ... or even lacey ones?
That sounds like a really good idea, and I've been trying to get my hands on a pair of neon colored tights or other colorful ones but I cannot find them anywhere. I heard of a shop in New York where they have a great selection and I could get there but they are all like $20, which is far to expensive for me to spend on tights.

I have a pair of leopard print tights that I had for fun but they'll just look horribly tacky!

Last edited by style_star; 12-04-2006 at 03:44 PM.
12-04-2006
V.I.P.

no*more*art - I like the jeans better of the two I'd almost like to see it with footless tights too though while we're on the subject of them It will work without anything underneath of course too.

12-04-2006
rising star

Hi all.

I've been posting occasionly in the "what are you wearing..." thread lately - and I thought I'd post some pics of some outfits I like (want) to wear.

As spring and summer are slowly approaching us I thought this outfit would be cool to wear (t-shirt is from Camden Market and the shoes are Clarks Pr!vos - Perdita):
outfit18b.jpg

Another outfit for spring days (cool summer days):
balletflatsoutfit.jpg

Something for the evening:
Outfit03c.jpg

Another basic causal (evening) outfit. The jacket is my Moto (Top Man) leather jacket given to me around 7 years ago, same flats as the spring outfit:
Outfit02.jpg

It's male casual with a little twist. Nothing special - just a little shoe freedom. I've kept some of the colours mostly basic as those colours work best with me I think and create a balance. I'm still working on my outfits (I guess we all are!) - so what pictures I post are not all a definitive final statement.

More pics and outfits soon.

Heel-D

Last edited by Heel-D; 12-04-2006 at 06:22 PM.
12-04-2006
when the rats run riot

no*more*art, i prefer it with the white trousers, but honestly i think it would look best with just the dress and the white tee-shirt underneath. the pants would work, though, if you wanted to wear them

12-04-2006
tfs star

^Agree, em692...but I'd get the pants tailored just a little bit, and wear shoes w/ the same color as the dress, just to balance out all the white..then you'd have a white shirt, white pants and a white belt..and a pastel dress & pastel shoes...

Last edited by eugenius; 12-04-2006 at 07:28 PM.
12-04-2006
front row

I don't think that the dress works with pants. The proportions look off to me. I agree with em692 - the dress would look better by itself.

13-04-2006
scenester

thanks at all, the problem is, that it is still too cold to wear the dress without trousers under it (in summer / spring I wear it often alone or with a shirt) and I really want to wear it now! I think I'll wear it with jeans, because the white/white is too clean for me....

(i do not habe many shoes and would have to wear sneakers (black!) with it - I have size 9 and although I do love shoes, I do not have many because it is so difficult to find fitting shoes....)

13-04-2006
when the rats run riot

^ if you do decide to wear it with the jeans, do you have any jeans that are less flared? i think the dress with a big flare doesn't work right, but i'm not sure how to explain it...

13-04-2006
windowshopping

I am trying to centre some outfits around a Black r.Laruen pin stripe pants..for clubbing.

What kind of shirt..if I use a dark brown kenneth cole shoe?
VS a black.

14-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by no*more*art
thanks at all, the problem is, that it is still too cold to wear the dress without trousers under it (in summer / spring I wear it often alone or with a shirt) and I really want to wear it now!
That's what tights are for!

I agree with the skinny jean/footless tights/full-length tights folks here...

14-04-2006
girl who fell to earth

no*more*art i really don't think either one of them works--it makes it look like the dress is some sort of smock you are using to protect the outfit underneath from getting dirty--which i don't think is what you're going for . . . I would either try it with tights or just wait to wear it with bare legs when it is warm enough

14-04-2006
V.I.P.

^ I agree, wear it with tights

14-04-2006
windowshopping

the dress is too long to wear over pants, esp. if the pants flare.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, feedback, good, shoe, work