How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2006
V.I.P.

I like the 2nd outfit most, with the Religion top, and I think you should add some accessories to any of this outfits, since it's a party, and I think it would look better and easier to add some accessories to the 2nd outfit than the 1st.

23-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerie
ivypixie that looks really good with the dress underneath it

I'm going to a party next weekend with some people from work, probably going for a drink afterwards but I dont want to do the whole dress thing....so I've got a couple of ideas but they need tweaking.

First is black skinny jeans, pink vintage shoes, yellow vest under Stella top.
I like this but it looks a bit plain, maybe needs jewellery?
I absolutely adore the first look I agree with northernsky some black bracelets would look great with it if you want to add some accessories, but overall it looks terrific, especially with the red shoes - and the stella top is especially lovely

Last edited by tiffany; 23-04-2006 at 12:52 PM.
23-04-2006
fashion insider

The first outfit is great Amerie! I don't think accessories are necessary but you can always add them if you like. Especially love your jeans!

24-04-2006
rising star

Thank you northernsky, ivypixie, tiffany and Senna

I've got a chunky black plastic bracelet I'll try with the first

Senna, they're Topshop Baxter jeans, very comfortable for skinnies!

24-04-2006
fashion insider

^ Oh I in fact have those.. I have the grey ones but somehow they are way too big for me now! So they ain't exactly skinny anymore!

24-04-2006
rising star

Have you tried giving them a good hot wash? That always shrinks my jeans for me :p I found I had to go a size smaller in them anyway, my normal size was too baggy

26-04-2006
windowshopping

I'm not really sure where to post this question, but I'll give it a try. I'm really, really into skinny jeans at the moment, and since I'm not among the lucky skinny longlegged, I prefer to keep them dark. But I don't feel that dark blue denim is especially fit for summerwear, as I tend to switch to lighter colours for summer (actually a tough call, I define myself as a rock-chick, so I def. prefer darker colours). But is there any way I can give dark blue denim a summery feel? (and is this obsession with lighter denim beeing more fit for summer just something in my head?)

26-04-2006
scenester

what do you guys think about shorter people (like, under 5'3") wearing full-length dresses?

26-04-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerie
Have you tried giving them a good hot wash? That always shrinks my jeans for me :p I found I had to go a size smaller in them anyway, my normal size was too baggy
Good one, I haven't tried that yet! I'm so lazy.. :p Baggy is the perfect word for mine right now so I hope the hot wash will help!

Tristessa: I think you can wear dark colors in summertime, but it depends on the weather. I hate wearing dark jeans (or any other kind of dark colored clothes) when it's really hot as that just doesn't feel comfortable. But if it's a bit colder you can easily wear them I think! Maybe you can combine them with a lighter colored top.

Allmyshoes: I think a shorter dress would look nicer. But maybe that's just me, since I've never really liked full-length dresses.

02-05-2006
In Bloom

Does this work? Skirt worn as a dress with a vintage belt and a cropped cashmere cardi.

I wanna show of my long skinny legs, but I'm worried that it might look too cutesy and that it might be too much volume for one outfit. And should the belt be worn on top of the cardi or not? So - tell me. Have no mercy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby.jpg (16.5 KB, 410 views)
File Type: jpg baby1.jpg (16.2 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg baby2.jpg (18.0 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg Baby -.jpg (16.6 KB, 410 views)

we were in love

02-05-2006
backstage pass

I like the belt over the cardigan personally. It pulls the whole look together better.

Scarves are one of my favorite accessories but do scarves work for the spring/summer (lightweight and skinny of course.) If they do what kind of scarf should I get? pictures or anything would be greatly appreciated!

02-05-2006
girl who fell to earth

The_Ida - i like the belt over the cardigan best as well

J'aime_la_mode - i think you can definitely still where scarves (lightweight, skinny etc) ... i don't have any specific examples though... maybe check the shop til you drop forums? or trendspotting? your best bet might be to do a general search of the forums

03-05-2006
V.I.P.

The Ida, I actually really like it both ways

03-05-2006
V.I.P.

Ida, I like it better with the cardi over the belt, and it's much more easy if you figure out it's too warm to wear it, so you don't have to take off you belt! But if you wear it with the belt over, it's still a very nice outfit!

Meg
inspired contemplation

The Ida, I must prefer it over the cardigan. Underneath for whatever reason it makes you look quite busty so if thats the look you're going for then by all means But since the emphasis is on your legs, it looks great over the cardi

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dress, fashion, feedback, good, marni, recognise, shoe, work