How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-02-2004
front row

the lacoste sizing at the store here that carries them is different.. they've got 40, 42, etc. Urgh.. I can't wear kids lacoste.. I'm large in the chest, and that's it (like Jessica Simpson...) so I'm stuck with big baggy polos... unless they hit right under my rib cage although, do y'all think a guys would work better, maybe in a small size?? (smaller than now..)

24-02-2004
& b

I love Lacoste. I don't wear it that often, but when I do, I have them in electric colours, and I wear them with nice Vintage wash jeans, like 501's.. If I wear a yellow polo, I wear a green tee underneath, or blue, or red... and the Samba's are super nice, I have a pair of those, and Y3, and IMO I think they can be worn everyday with practically everything..its all about the attitude, of course, you don't live in London, so, you don't have to dress in Helmut from head to toe ... The neck thing, I have tried it, but it looks too Abercrombie-ish... avoid that, and trucker hats.. try nice Kangol newsboy hats, a nice blazer, and you are good to go. Hi tops, or Chuck Taylors, are always in, they scream confidence, individuality..get them in every colour, and get them dirty before you wear them, they look better dirty IMO...

HTH

Naturellement pulpeuse

Browns are carrying the CDG Fred Perrys RIGHT NOW! Go buy...

http://www.brownsfashion.com/menfashion76.html

*removes pimp-hat*

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.+Feb 22nd, 2004 - 2:28 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Feb 22nd, 2004 - 2:28 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 3:00 pm
Childrens sizes eh?
I think someone threw out my old one though...
Ohh well.
just because a SIZE 3 in lacoste is too long.... [/b][/quote]
I just got that! You sly fox you

24-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:50 pm
Browns are carrying the CDG Fred Perrys RIGHT NOW! Go buy...

http://www.brownsfashion.com/menfashion76.html

*removes pimp-hat*
For that price? They have better ones in Selfriges. Ohh, sorry, your in hicks ville. Still, it did enspire me to get skin tight jeans (nearly) get cowboy boots and (nearly)get a trucker hat. Ohh hicksville.

25-02-2004
windowshopping

Word. Another NC'er right here. I feel you on the lack of good shopping areas, even though I supposedly live in one of the more 'fashion accesible' areas of the state.

If you are seriously committed to finding good clothes, I would suggest a day trip to Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh or the Streets of Southpoint in Durham, or do both, since they are only 15-20 minutes away from each other. There is a Nordstrom at Southpoint and a Lord and Taylor at Crabtree. Although these aren't the largest department stores each chain has, they do have some good, solid, quality clothes there, and while they might not be Dior Homme, they will be functional.

There is also a Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet store in Raleigh. The saddest part about the whole thing is you can buy stuff from 2 seasons ago there, and you will still be way ahead of most everyone else in the boonies. Also, in Chapel Hill there are a few quirky stores, and really freakin' nice men's store in the little local mall that has great tailored suits.

Sorry, I need to rant about the state of fashion affairs down here in the south: Many people seem to think that wearing a shirt plastered with logos or brandname is the coolest thing since JNCO's, which were just so NO when they were supposedly 'in style'.

25-02-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by LOOKinaMIRROR@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 12:48 am
Ok, I live here in Hicksville, North Carolina (USA). I'd like to think that somehow in this black hole of fashion where "camo" is cool that I'm fasionably enlightned, but I have no fashion help around here...

This is what I usually wear from top to bottom....

Lacoste polos or Le Tigre (with contrasting t-shirt underneath)
Members Only Jackets
Vintage Looking jeans (not with fake rips or anything like that...)
Adidas Samba shoes or similar

Any Suggestions??!??!
hey man, i like camo pants and ill keep wearing them. mix your olive camo pants with a yellow lacoste shirt and some old school pumas or reeboks....alot of people may disagree with me, but i love camo

29-03-2004
V.I.P.

Getting that Prada look
I really love those full skirts and colorful prints from Prada's s/s 04 collection and the shirtwaist dress look (think 50s)... do you guys think this look could work on someone who is petite? And any suggestions on how to achieve a similar look?
BTW what do you guys think of the printed Venetian canvas bag and do any of you know if it comes with the beige/brown leather instead of turquoise?

29-03-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

There was a GREAT article on this today in the telegraph. Go to www.telegraph.co.uk and the style section and it should be there I would think. They give shop info too!

29-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by mehg@Mar 29th, 2004 - 12:31 pm
There was a GREAT article on this today in the telegraph. Go to www.telegraph.co.uk and the style section and it should be there I would think. They give shop info too!
mehg...this is a link to an article on the face...i can't find the one you're talking about?...

29-03-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/main.jh...requestid=11580

okay thats the link and then you have to register to view the article however registration is free and I enjoy Hilary Alexander's articles so I'm sure it wouldn't be a waste. It's called Get the Carrie Look or something to that effect.

29-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

thx mehg...got it...

29-03-2004
V.I.P.

i think its great becuas its fits almost all body types.

fashion icon

im petite & they look "hawt" on me if i do say so myself

V.I.P.

The Does this work? Thread
Post pictures of your outfits to be critiqued by your fellow TFSers! I shouldn't have to say it, but I will anyway... Keep it friendly and helpful. Constructive criticism is the objective, not comments like "ewww...that looks bad."

So have fun with it, and let's help each other take our style to the next level.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dress, fashion, feedback, good, marni, recognise, shoe, work