How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-11-2009
front row

I have my high school reunion next week, so I want to look good! I haven't found the perfect thing to wear, but I picked up this dress & belt at Urban Outfitters today. I'm afraid it looks a bit cheap... Do you think this outfit is cute? Also, would you wear the Chanel or Alexander Wang bag?

Source: Urban Outfitters, APC, EBay, Barneys

18-11-2009
Geometric Discharge

^ The dress is very pretty and simple so you can style it with whatever accessories you like

18-11-2009
Power to the 99%

I would do the Wang ... not crazy about the boots with the dress, but it's all a matter of personal taste

06-12-2009
front row

i would do a peep toe pumps instead of these shoes....i would do the wang's purse instead of chanel...but u got to be comfy at the end of the day though....

19-01-2010
scenester

Me with dressy Dolce and Gabanna leather pants and a turtleneck. The pants are a really neat style: not jeans, but not full-on dress pants. As there are many "fashion forward" people on this forum, I'm curius to hear *honest* thoughts of this ensemble. Does it work or is it just awful? Not the best pic, I realize...

Personally, I love the look of leather pants dressed up as it sidesteps many of the common stereotypes.

Last edited by 666tubeamp; 19-01-2010 at 08:12 AM.
20-01-2010
scenester

[QUOTE...As there are many "fashion forward" people on this forum, I'm curius to hear *honest* thoughts of this ensemble. Does it work or is it just awful? Not the best pic, I realize...

Personally, I love the look of leather pants dressed up as it sidesteps many of the common stereotypes.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh....I can see why this post was relocated form What are you Wearing Today, given the questions of "yay or nay".

20-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by She Sends Kisses View Post
I have my high school reunion next week, so I want to look good! I haven't found the perfect thing to wear, but I picked up this dress & belt at Urban Outfitters today. I'm afraid it looks a bit cheap... Do you think this outfit is cute? Also, would you wear the Chanel or Alexander Wang bag?

Really cute dress. I would pick the chanelbag, but only becaus its more my kind of style. I would wear high heels with the dress instead of boots.

Last edited by ChrissyM; 24-01-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: please do not quote photos
20-01-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666tubeamp View Post

*please do not quote pics*

Me with dressy Dolce and Gabanna leather pants and a turtleneck. The pants are a really neat style: not jeans, but not full-on dress pants. As there are many "fashion forward" people on this forum, I'm curius to hear *honest* thoughts of this ensemble. Does it work or is it just awful? Not the best pic, I realize...

Personally, I love the look of leather pants dressed up as it sidesteps many of the common stereotypes.
it works really well. i have a pair of helmut lang leather pants all the time, dressed up with pumps and silk top, or with a tee and boots, fur coat, etc... you can rock it. and it looks really great for you!!

Last edited by tangerine; 20-01-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: *please do not quote pics*
20-01-2010
rising star

im thinking about buying these alice + olivia pants sequin paneled laeggings but not sure if i can wear them year round? what do yall think?

http://shop.aliceandolivia.com/media...0x1170_q85.jpg

20-01-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by anissa imane View Post
it works really well. i have a pair of helmut lang leather pants all the time, dressed up with pumps and silk top, or with a tee and boots, fur coat, etc... you can rock it. and it looks really great for you!!
Thanks!! I appreciate that

21-01-2010
Empire State of Mind

zettie, i'm sure you can get a lot of wear out of them. I like it much better that the sequins are only on the side. Makes them much more wearable. You can dress them up with a nice top and high heels or down with lace up booties and a sweater.

25-01-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
I don't know what to do with this jacket... for one thing it's too big, and the pattern and color aren't my usual thing. Does it look alright? The shoulders especially bother me.
I think you answered you own question at the end of the day if you can't feel 100% in what you wear it probally isn't working. IMO you could get something that fits much better to suit you more

Last edited by ChrissyM; 31-01-2010 at 02:50 PM.
26-01-2010
windowshopping

Zettie - leggings awesome. Get um totally worth it!

27-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by She Sends Kisses View Post

Chanel bag for sure. Add some lace tights or cute thigh-highs and a a standout necklace and you'll be fine

Last edited by ChrissyM; 31-01-2010 at 02:49 PM.
07-03-2010
Geometric Discharge

Does this work? I'm trying to go for a Raf Simons-esque look, plus it lets me wear the jackets that are too big for me now.
I think my bigger question is: Is this too eccentric to be taken seriously? (Can't believe I'm asking that [ex-eccentic])
Note: concentrating on the jacket and belt not anything else (house clothes!)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dress, fashion, feedback, good, marni, recognise, shoe, work