How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-03-2010
girl who fell to earth

tough call i think....
especially when trying to focus JUST on that part of the outfit because i think it often depends on the look as a hole proportion-wise...

i would say for sure that you should flip the folded part of the belt over so that the part that's hanging down doesn't show the back-side of the leather. Not sure how that would affect the twist.. kind of trying and failing to picture it in my head at the moment...

maybe the jacket is pulled too tightly? too much overlap in the front?

i don't know.. i feel like this sort of belting works better with thicker materials underneath

20-06-2010
windowshopping

Updated. Same shirt, but added a cotton scarf. Good/Bad?

23-06-2010
rising star

Scarf = good!

windowshopping

To Crying Diamonds:
I'm getting mixed feeling about this one and it's a hard call. The main reason that it stands out to me is the leather material difference that (in my opinion) mismatches the jacket. A jacket based belt would obviously work. This one however does stand out as a bit "eccentric" but just a bit. And I agree with ChrissyM in regards to the reversal side of the belt; it may work better if the front is presented.

To Brain Cleaner:
The scarf works. I think that scarf would work in many ways with that shirt (different ways of wearing the scarf).

03-07-2010
Riot Bug

^love scarfs! always a very good accessory!

Last edited by ediewho; 03-07-2010 at 10:30 AM.
05-07-2010
scenester

i just fell in love and bought a bag at h&m without considering my wardrobe first (stupid me). now i'm not sure and would love some opinions. the bag is a rusty brown. the primary colours in my wardrobe are black, white, grey, red, with some blue jeans and colourful shirts thrown in. does the bag go with that or is it an absolute no-no to combine a brown bag with those colours?

06-07-2010
windowshopping

I can see the brown bag matching with jeans and shirt. It's a casual country type look. White, light blue are the obvious shirt colours that would work. A thought is to try a black based outfit but with hints of brown leather (i.e. such as a leather belt and leather boots) that may match your bag. The black with enhance and make leather stand out. And you may also play with the idea of gold as ornamented on the bag.

08-07-2010
windowshopping

Brain the scarf really seems to fit your persona, if you love it, just go for it.
Also don't be afraid to twist it, tie it and wear different ways around the neck and around a blazer in the evening.

11-07-2010
rising star

I need some advice for my school formal. I'm having second thoughts about my dress. It is midnight blue and sequined. It has a rise and fall hem, at the front it reaches a couple of inches above my knee. Problem is it is cut quite high on the neck and is very loose so I'm worried it looks a little like a sack. I searched and wouldn't find the right belt. The one I have is black leather and ties up but it makes my top look funny and due to the high cut makes my boobs look really low.

Sorry for the long post. Any suggestions.

12-07-2010
windowshopping

suggestions to Marni
Marni it's hard to see how we can work with it without seeing it. Baggy is in and the belt look either below the bust, across stomach or on hips is an option. This sounds like a safe dress and depending on the restrictions being that it is a dress for a formal maybe there is something a bit more exciting out there for you to wear.
You have to love it and feel sexy yet comfortable in it.
I would be more than happy to help you out if you want to post some pics of the dress.....

Best of luck!

21-07-2010
windowshopping

White Skinny Tie?
Hello there!
After wacthing a lot this forum I'm gonna make my first question
So, yesterday I bought this White skinny tie in Zara (there arent many stores to choose from here in south america)...

And I would like to know wich would be the best way to wear it?

I ussually wear non-formal wear like D&G, Versace or Armani Exchange T-Shirts, or Lacoste and RL Polos with jeans and some crazy belts combined with some Lacoste tennis shoes or something, but sometimes I want to smart up a little... So my casual and formal wardrobe is a little limited, composed basically by...
Black, White, Navy V-Neck well fitted sweaters (Black and White RL and Navy Banana republic)
White, Black, Dark Purple Dress Shirts (RL, RL, Zara)
Black 2 button custom fit suit
A Black casual sport coat
and Black/Navy/Blue/White/Brown jeans with normal fit.

What do you think is the best way to combine this White skinny tie?
(Feel free to suggest ANY KIND of thing, even if I dont have it, I might like it and buy it, thats not an issue, I just cant figure out how to wear this tie in a casual night without looking too dressy)

Thanks!

P.S: I will post a full list of my wardrobe in the future so you can help me with my everyday look

28-07-2010
scenester

Valentino, fall/winter 2007

This isn't me [very similar build and stature, though] but it's very close to a look that I really like - and wear regularly in the fall and winter.

My question is sort of the inverse of this forum, so I hope it's ok. I'm wondering if people can tell me why it *doesn't* work? I'm asking because even though this is - to me at least - completely unlike the typical "guy in leather" stereotypes, I can tell from the sideways looks and comments that it doesn't work for 95% of people. Am I missing something? I think it looks really sharp.

Last edited by 666tubeamp; 28-07-2010 at 10:20 AM.
29-07-2010
windowshopping

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

31-07-2010
girl who fell to earth

^^mo is that your own photo? is that you?
imageshack doesn't count as a credit because it's simply a hosting site...

666 i think the sideways looks are probably just from the leather pants in general...
they're not really such a common sight on men...
i don't necessarily think the look is wrong or bad, but it's probably a lot more "look" than a lot of people are used to seeing

31-07-2010
windowshopping

Chrissy! Yes its me! I found it on the internet.

I actually didnt put the credit there, autom. i think. So witch site should i use to upload pictures next time?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, feedback, good, shoe, work