How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-07-2009
fashion icon

I'm bringing this thread back to life because some blooming clumsy idiot has gone and broken their ankle. Oh wait. That would be me. It's not been put in a cast yet,but that's due to be put on on Monday. And I have no idea what goes with cast. Apart from 1 shoe. Any ideas?

31-07-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Sorry to hear that You probably want to find a pair of shoes (OK, you'll only need one ) with just the right heel height--same as the cast? I guess you'll probably need to wait for it ...

31-07-2009
In Bloom

When I had a kidney condition (kidney gone, problem solved ) it was very important for me to wear something warm on my lower back, other wise it would hurt like hell. It did anyway :p but at least I could move around. My mum bought this wool band to put around the waist, it kinda acted as a corset too, but it was brilliant!
Otherwise I wore layers and layers of clothes to keep warm and not get infections (I did that all year round), it was somewhat successful. And my doctors were always very impressed with the amount of clothing I piled on

we were in love

31-07-2009
backstage pass

I hurt my knee and had to walk with crutches plus a white bandage-thingy around my knee.. and I actually love "the look" displayed on the previous page where you flaunt your injury . I wore short dresses shirts and shorts all the time paired with my knee-bandage and crutches - and I loved that look. Obvious and simple conversation-starter too

05-08-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Sorry to hear that You probably want to find a pair of shoes (OK, you'll only need one ) with just the right heel height--same as the cast? I guess you'll probably need to wait for it ...
I ended up doing something very naughty,and refusing a cast I'm assured that it is a small fracture in the ball part of my ankle,and that a cast would heal it etc. But I'm moving around relatively well I like to think without anything but a tubigrip to heal it,and crutches. Maybe in a week or so time I'll regret it,but for now,tubigrip and sneakers it is

05-08-2009
Power to the 99%

Be careful ... these are the only feet you get I would be taking no risks myself ...

24-08-2009
fashion icon

Im actually not doing so bad so far. Just wearing flat sensible shoes,not in too much pain at all.

25-08-2009
windowshopping

^^ Ooh, be careful with it! Glad to hear it's on the mend though (:

I have problems with my knees sometimes, and when they're recovered to a state where I can hold myself up with the aid of crutches I'm often forced into knee supports for a couple of days, and I too tend to go with flaunting it. Luckily, when I have had to wear them, I've usually been at school, so I just wore tights over them, and my school skirt, so they were visible but not super-obvious. They did attract a lot of attention/questions/sympathy from various acquaintances though, coupled with the crutches Outside of school, I just wore basically all the dresses in my wardrobe, and pretended that there weren't two great big neoprene-y things rubbing my knees.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
condition, dressing, injury or physical