How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-05-2012
What fresh hell is this.?

^How about some loose dresses?
That's what I prefer to wear on hot days. I would die in trousers and jeans. I'm one of those people who get hot so easily. So dressing for summer is really a challenge for me, despite the fact that the danish summer isn't what you would consider that warm compared to other places.

23-05-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinetush View Post
^How about some loose dresses?
That's what I prefer to wear on hot days. I would die in trousers and jeans. I'm one of those people who get hot so easily. So dressing for summer is really a challenge for me, despite the fact that the danish summer isn't what you would consider that warm compared to other places.
I'm afraid that even in hot weather dresses aren't really an option for men.

23-05-2012
What fresh hell is this.?

^
Well you got a point..
Silly me..

29-05-2012
illustrator

Today, my key response to the heat was...no bra!
And of course, no socks. :p

I'm wearing sandals, a floor-length silk skirt, and a loose cotton top.
With all the subtractions, I felt comfortable adding jewelry.

illustrator

ooo, and as for the guys, my sympathies!!!

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewormany View Post
I'm afraid that even in hot weather dresses aren't really an option for men.
I see a fair number of Utilikilts, I think they're called Now I bet you're going to tell me they're not your style ...

01-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I see a fair number of Utilikilts, I think they're called Now I bet you're going to tell me they're not your style ...
I didn't knew what utilikilt were, so I googled them...

And you guessed right, even though they might work with the right tools on them. Rocking a sledgehammer in the heat makes total sense.

06-06-2012
Fashion Designer

I stick with 3/4 sleeves and natural fabrics (sleeveless is not an option bc of work). I usually throw on a bright colored button down or lightweight blouse with dressy jeans. A ballerina bun is a must these days. I love maxi dresses but they're so impractical sometimes.

For the guys, What my bf does sometimes is wearing a cotton tee under a shirt. It seems counterproductive but at least if you sweat it won't show on your shirt. And stick to natural fabrics , avoid white. It's a nightmare when you sweat.

27-06-2012
rising star

Everything has to be loose fitting or else it's super uncomfortable. I stick with cotton and linen fabrics and avoid materials like silk where the sweat can be very visible

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

is anyone else afraid to wear their "good" (ie designer/silk) clothes in the summer?

i'm too afraid i'mgoing to wreck them by sweating on them (i have AC in only one room in my apartment)

so i end up sticking to my t shirts and cut offs in the summer.

i also have bught a bunch of negligees and i change into them in the evening. makes me feel like less of a slob.

but the sad thing is my good stuff doesnt even get worn.

Last edited by lucy92; 29-06-2012 at 08:51 PM.
29-06-2012
Fashion Designer

I feel you. When I'm at home, I only stick to tshirts and cut offs too. Absolutely no pants (and I have AC on every room, but it's just so hot).

I wear the good stuff out and at night. It sucks, but it's really hot in here and most people only go out at night cause theres' no point on being outside unless you're going to work and then go straight home.

05-07-2012
Power to the 99%

It is key to move from one air conditioned area to another ... but I don't worry about the clothes, that's the dry cleaner's job. Silk doesn't breathe as well as cotton, so I do take that into consideration. Billowy and sleeveless is good ...

22-07-2012
front row

I've been wearing a lot of short dresses and pretty much avoiding jeans lately.

22-07-2012
V.I.P.

^ me too. It's all about shorts and long skirts, and this amazing pair of brown/green? linen trousers I found at Zara ages ago.. for some reason it's been on the back of my closet for over a year just waiting for the right formal/office time when, I've now found out, it actually works better when you're not wanting to dress up but still look sort of put together (you can wear it with sandals/tank) and the fabric's so light and fresh.

Psst.. I wonder how do people deal with humidity when it's so constant (like in NY), we had a lot of humidity some days ago (rare for where I live) and I honestly didn't want to leave the house, all clothes feel sticky the moment you're out on the sauna, I mean street, makeup's destroyed and obviously the only way you can deal with hair is by tying it up in a chignon .. I've started to rely A LOT on jewelry, only earrings though, cause even my watch feels sticky too.

scenester

I was trying the long flowy skirt some recommended but since I'm short I end up looking like cousin It. Plus I can't find any that look professional enough, somehow they all have horrible prints.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beat, dressing, heat