How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2006
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

i hate wearing tight jeans in this heat esp during the daay when its really sunny..so i stick to dresses in cotton..long or short with flipflops and head scarfs..thats basically what i wear..and tinted moisturizer with lipgloss and some hoop earings........

21-07-2006
V.I.P.

baggy loose cotton bottoms..

...only tunics, kaftans, kurtas as tops (im known here for wearing those )

and...

...Havaianas in any colour
otherwise only open toe flat C.Louboutins(Planet Beach, Neferina, etc), or my new pocahonta DIoR flats... anything that is comfy and shows the feet

its summer to the max here...
please softie and uniq, you should come over to my place!!!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
21-07-2006
windowshopping

Light colored and light clothes in general and stay away from jeans as much as possible (which is I'm having a hard time to avoid).

21-07-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Hate summer dressing nowadays. Really so boring.
Extreme temperatures can be really hard to work with. I get bored with my summer wardrobe sometimes because it's the same types of clothes over and over again.

22-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
A couple people have mentioned silk but I can't imagine it being that cool. I mean, as a fabric yes, but once you start to sweat I would imagine it would just stick to you and soak through quite easily. Though I have a loose silk skirt from h&m I should try out.
Wearing silk + sweating = I can't stand it!

Lots of light coloured, cotton spaghetti strap top and little skirts. (I don't wear shorts, I don't know why myself. I just don't.) Need loads of ventilation.:p

27-07-2006
rising star

I work in a very conservative business so its suits all the way for me ... which is not a problem at work, because the AC is turned up to the max by the guys wearing ties and that whole kit. Being female, dress code is a little laxer (seeing some of my colleages; it appears to be very lax ). The problems come going to and from said AC-office. Hence I wear really skimpy tops, spagetti strap or/and lowcut back type. Five metres from office entrace; on comes suit jacket and I look sufficiently formal!

Off-work; short-shorts, dresses, skirts, tiny tops, flowy tops, lots of cotton.

28-07-2006
fashion insider

Where
- loose cotton tees
- sunnies
- sunscreen 30+ or higher
- Havaianas or flipflops

28-07-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

It's weird, I picked up this week's issue of Grazie y'day and in it was candid streetstyle shots of 'How to Look Chic in the Heat'. Not the same idea exactly, and by no means did I invent it, but I swear to you, Grazia 'journos' lurk around here. This isn't the first time a very similar item from tfs has appeared a week or two later in their mag.

28-07-2006
windowshopping

I now have a government job and have to be pretty covered up, which is fine by me because I'm a tad chubby with large breasts so I don't like showing too much skin anyway. I actually hate summer clothes for the most part. The majority of my wardrobe is intended for autumn and winter. Most of the building that I work in has A/C so I don't get too overheated while at work. I actually have a very hard time dressing for non-work situations since I don't own many pairs of shorts or summer dresses, et cetera.

29-07-2006
V.I.P.

Meg! Those thieves

I'm with the linen/cotton/silk crew in easy going breathable shapes. All natural fibers and nothing else!

Regarding wearing silk and the heat... I find that silk breathes, so it prevents you from sweating so easily! Of course, there are days when it's inevitable so I might avoid it then. But a silk knit is never uncomfortable

29-07-2006
What fresh hell is this.?

I'm one of those who avoid silk. It's practially the last thing I would wear when it's hot, maybe it's because I tend to sweat easily.

-I find that shorts are the most comfortable thing to be wearing. Also I would never wear skirts as short as the shorts I'm wearing (about 6-8 inches above my knee).
-Headbands + ponytails or braids are lifesavers
-Open-toed flats
-Overalls is a fave of mine at the moment though. They are comfy and all you need besides them are some kind of a top.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
It's weird, I picked up this week's issue of Grazie y'day and in it was candid streetstyle shots of 'How to Look Chic in the Heat'. Not the same idea exactly, and by no means did I invent it, but I swear to you, Grazia 'journos' lurk around here. This isn't the first time a very similar item from tfs has appeared a week or two later in their mag.
^

I usually wear knee length skirts with a tank. Most of the time I'll layer a lightweight jacket or top over the tank but lately its just been ridiculously hot. Also sundresses, sunglasses, sandals (must have a heel, I wont give that up), and spf foundation. Also I like to carry big lightweight bags because they just go with the free and flowy mood of summer. But I get so bored with my summer wardrobe and end up longing for fall.

Last edited by J'aime_la_mode; 04-08-2006 at 01:24 PM.
07-08-2006
front row

Ok i actually suck at "beating the heat". Being a man and hating linen and shorts, i mainly stick to jeans. I stick to cotton t shirts but apart from that just don't wear jumpers/coats. I suppose i don't really change much lol.

07-08-2006
Power to the 99%

I really like wash linen dresses/skirts for the heat, but I literally wore out my last linen skirt and haven't seen anything to replace it with yet. Most important of all ... no hose, at all, I mean never ... except maybe for a wedding or something. All natural fibers, of course ... but that's a rule in my wardrobe year round

I do wear silk when it's hot, but it's not my favorite ... just hard to avoid.

And you have to mentally shield yourself from the heat, just like extreme cold. I can will myself not to sweat :p (Yes, mom, I said sweat )

08-08-2006
front row

Ha^In relation to that, i went to London the other day and didn't think about the heat (and it was hot) and i didnt sweat. However, a girl came over that night and even though it was still hot, it was no where near that of earlier and i wasn't doing anything active, yet i thought about not sweating and i started 2.Eeee changed t shirt twice b4 she came over. Basically, do not think about it and it won't happen.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beat, dressing, heat