How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2007
trendsetter

shorts with pumps!

not short shorts..

28-04-2007
rising star

T shirts(only white ones), dresses, shorts,and some nice silky skirts!
I want to be colourful this summer, but all I have bought for this summer by now are all pastal colours...

28-04-2007
front row

i want to be simple, feminine yet with a "masculine/androgynous" edge. this is my usual style, though. i imagine i'll be wearing cropped pants and lots of linen, as usual for me . . . i don't wear shorts except at the beach or working out, but for that reason it sometimes trickles down into my daywear. lots of neutrals and printed tops, too. sandals sandals sandals. i need to buy a dressier pair since i've lost my last ones. i need a new cotton summer bag since my old one ripped as well.

I LOVE SUMMER!!! can't wait until it's finally here!

28-04-2007
trendsetter

It's definitely already summer where I live! Temps have been
in the 80's lately, and will be reaching the 90's by May/June.
My summer-wear is cut-off denim bermudas, tank tops,
cheap flip-flops from Old Navy, and canvas tote bags.
Very casual

09-06-2007
backstage pass

I think we need this thread again .

The temperatures are going up, but that's not the worst part, the humidity that comes with it is. It's so warm and humid that it seems impossible not to stick to yourself sometimes . Anyone has any tips how to deal with that?

09-06-2007
V.I.P.

it's impossible... it's too hot. too hot, i tell you!

09-06-2007
backstage pass

Any natural fabrics like 100% organic cotton or linen is good. Also go with the spring trend and redo active wear fabric by wearing things that absorb sweat and heat. Active wear is perfect for this weather it's just how you wear it.

I work in sorta of an intern office job so i have to look profesional but still have to go get coffee and lunch so to beat the heat I don't wear wool or tweed only light tweed. Try seersucker it might be sorta unconventional in this age but if worn well you'll look super dapper.

09-06-2007
V.I.P.

Linen, hotpants and drivers.

09-06-2007
& b

I dont know, i refuse to wear anything "summery" because I know its not going to be worn ever again. Plus everything I own is black. I can't do dress down.

So I really "deal" with the heat, but its not like im out looking ridiculous on an elaborate black ensemble, just black shorts, black tee and black boots plus SPF 70.

stories everywhere

It's warm to hot all year round here in hawaii- I find that wearing a single light layer is the best defense. I live in strappy flats, flowy dresses, my swimsuit and a good moisturizer with SPF. I wear jeans a lot too though, because I honestly hate shorts. The key to wearing jeans in summer is a looser fit jean that doesnt quite hit the floor (ventilation!), keep those strappy flats on and toss on a super light top. I've been wearing simple white linen tops with bold earrings and a colorful scarf. a silk scarf in summer around your neck helps keep the hair off your neck and curb sweating. don't tie it tight.

Press escape to continue.

Whatever I wear in the heat, it is always loose on my body. I don't wear synthetics - so it's summer weight linen, silk, cotton, sandals and lots of loose layers. A parasol is better than a hat whenever possible. And finally, a paper fan! I wear a lot of clothes from India when it's hot and muggy, and I'm usually pretty comfortable.

Of too many minds

I'm used to the heat and humidity since I grew up in Singapore and I agree that the best way is to stick to a single loose layer and wear fabrics that allow your skin to breathe. Summer is really a great time to break out the dresses!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
10-06-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

^
how do you not sweat buckets wearing boots ale?!

thankfully where i'm at, at the moment, the weather has been perfect for the past two weeks. Either lightly raining or else 20 degrees so you can pretty much wear what you want. Thats a great suggestion of seersucker and dri-fit active wear tops. I never thought of that.

07-03-2008
Frozen irony.

Summer dressing/Inspiration.
I find it very hard to look truly like 'me' in the summer months. It is hard to truly look chic when it's hot.

Therefore I decided to start this thread as a summer dressing inspiration/discussion.

What fabrics are best for summer?
How do you make your look personal?
Do you spend months before summer getting ready, scrubs, tanning, going to the gym, shopping for it?

I often find that people can look the same when it's hot.. are gold/silver sandals a must? I don't think I see anyone not wearing them in summer.

Let's discuss.

07-03-2008
V.I.P.

i hate summer, style-wise. i only wear dark colours, often head-to-toe in black, boots, and scarves. i usually just dress like its f/w, but end up taking away a few layers. so i'll end up in an oversized cotton tee / plaid shirt, and drainpipes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beat, dressing, heat