How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2008
trendsetter

i actually prefer spring and summer. i guess i'm not much of a boots girl. i prefer wearing cute flats or heels and skirts with a nice blouse (zara have alot of beautiful blouses this season) or a beautiful dress. just because it's summer it doesnt mean you have to walk around in a&f skirts and havaianas =p (not that it's anything wrong with that, i just dont happen to like it)

i'm not that much of a shorts girl either. so i guess i'm gonna go with lots of skirts and blouses this summer with cute hair accessories =D oh and i love colored tights, so that's def something i'm going to be seen in!

07-03-2008
tfs star

This summer I feel like being a dress girl more. I've been stuck in a jeans/t-shirt rut and I want to wear things that make me feel more feminine.

07-03-2008
oh! darling

I don't wear short shorts. I stick to Bermudas.

I hate tank tops. They are unflattering for my athletic arms. I stick to t-shirts.

oh! darling

I'm hoping to try out denim skirts this summer.
I've never worn a skirt before because I'm usually too active to worry about who's upskirting me.

This ought to be the summer of a good change.

doldrums

I'm going to change it up a bit; anything kinda loose and light blouses, dresses I hardly wear dresses but I'm trying something new, flats and accessories

07-03-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

Except for lighter colors and materials, my style stays basically the same:

short dresses & skirts, loose tees, cardigans, lightweight scarves, flats or wedges, slouchy leather or straw bags.

colors: white, blue, black, beige, brown, kaki, some pastel and african prints, a few more vibrant ones: orange, violet.

fabrics: coton, linen, silk.

Access': brown / tan leather, gold, straw.

Minimal makeup (light or no foundation, mascara, sheer lipstick) and jewellery during day.

08-03-2008
fashion elite

SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE. Even though I am a rather simple dresser in the fall, I pair it down even more for S/S. For me the only way to look good in extreme heat is to be really crisp. I basically dress in a uniform of a crisp, fitted white shirt (I have some ones that have great-mostly tuxedo-detail from Dior Homme, Band of Outsidders, and APC so they aren't boring) with the sleeves rolled, and a pair of black/dark skinny jeans (rolled to ankle often).

Shoes are a little tough, because socks will put your whole entire body on fire. White converses, or Vans slip ons are a must for me. I don't wear flip flops unless at the beach because I think they just look cheap and silly, they automatically take your outfit down a notch. I am excited to do ethnic/gladiator sandals this year (some of you know my dilema with the Balenciagas, which I will prob. end up keeping once get the right size).

I occasionaly wear shorts (I have some really simple ones from Marc by Marc from a few years ago that are just like a basic twill short but cut shorer and with a good cuff in black and khaki), but the rest of the uniform stays the same. I think you have no option but to let your accesoreis do the talking in the summer, without jackets or sweaters, or real shoes, there is not much else. For me its always about sunglasses, and cool bracelets. Gold tones always look good against basics, and on tan skin.

All this being said, I am still slightly uninspired. I will be going to the Caribean in two weeks, so hopefully that will get me in gear for hot weather dressing...

Frozen irony.

^ You are so right about the accessories part... in winter I usually build my wardrobe around my jackets.. without them I feel a bit lost.

I know what cut I love on dresses so I'm thinking of getting one made... in black.lol. I also need some new sunglasses I update them every summer.

10-03-2008
Power to the 99%

^ Shoes are great to build an outfit around, or a special blouse or skirt ...

10-03-2008
front row

gladiator sandals, cut off denim, american apparel deep v-necks

13-03-2008
backstage pass

Dresses and flats. Lots of colorful and ethnic jewelry. I tend to be more bohemian looking when it's warm.

scenester

I'm spending the summer in Rome! So I'm packing light and hoping to find lots of great vintage summer dresses and lightweight billowy tops in the open markets there. But I'm def planning on packing tons of silk mini dresses and tops and cotton bandage skirts with a few lightweight shawls/scarves. I have no idea what condition my apartment will be in when I get there so I'm looking forward to hand washing and hanging on laundry lines. And of course leather flats and a cross body handbag.

front row

This past summer i essentially lived in-

- white linin high waisted wide leg slacks
- navy singlet tops with my white skirts or pants
- white linin pin ruffle dresses
- caftan dresses
- plain white short denim skirts with plain white t's
- brightly coloured ballet flats..my faves are my emerald green miu miu's, cherry red bravo's and yellow michael kors'.
- vintage lace party dresses
- gold lace up sandles & silver ballet flats

15-03-2008
V.I.P.

come summer <3
I am sooo eighties!
im really feelin it right now.

16-03-2008
In Bloom

I'm working all summer, so I'm gonna be stuck with black trousers and white shirts. I'll try not to work 14 hours a day this summer
Anyway...if I have any time off, there will be bandage skirts, flowy tops, various gladiator sandals, blue jeans and scarves. And tights too. I don't do floral or prints. I have a feeling that I'll be drunk whenever I'm not working, so dress + heels = succes.

americanapparel.net

tFS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03673.JPG (59.5 KB, 6 views)

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beat, dressing, heat