How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-12-2008
trendsetter

Moncler provide the answer as far as I am concerned to the cold weather ....... lol

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...=1230045897996

Seriously you need a shealing / real fur / down jacket - nothing else will keep you as warm !

24-12-2008
trendsetter

heh.. I have no right to be here.. it never gets very cold where I live.
The coldest would be 8 or 10 degrees and thats rare.
I find that thick stockings really cut the cold.

Power to the 99%

^ A long wool skirt over the top never hurt either

25-12-2008
trendsetter

I tend to throw a fur on ~~ never fails to keep me warm

Snow-White ~~ you are lucky I guess ~

31-12-2008
backstage pass

leggings...
black riding boots.
pashmina...leather jackets
they never fail to make me feel warm

11-01-2009
front row

Winter in my town=rain, more rain, and slush so I tend to wear rubber boots, a big cozy wool coat and wool mittens.

02-03-2009
trendsetter

Winter Dresses/skirts
Hello, I couldnt find any thread specifically on winter dresses or skirts but i was wondering if anyone had any pictures or ideas for winter? I have some peep toe boots that I'd love to wear with stockings/tights and a dress or skirt but wouldnt know where to look or what to look for! I mainly wear pants in winter so I need some help I want to be more stylish!

Mk

Power to the 99%

It doesn't get seriously cold here ... I wear a wool-lined Burberry trench with long cashmere gloves kinda bunched at the wrists. Tights are good under everything.

At home, I have a pair of periwinkle blue Duofold long underwear--love them And two pairs of socks if I need them. I love butter socks, have a bunch of pairs, some with polka dots Cotton socks underneath, butter socks on top = toasty warm.

30-10-2009
backstage pass

The winters here are not at all bad. Lots of rain, although it has been getting snowy in Dec./Jan. in recent years. Really though, the temperature almost never drops below freezing. I live in jeans and jackets and boots and platform heels (they keep your feet high enough off the ground that they don't get wet if you step in a puddle). Most of the time the temp averages around 50ish so I don't usually need gloves or a hat but I'll throw on a scarf often enough.

30-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Cotton socks underneath, butter socks on top = toasty warm.
I need to start layering my socks. . my feet get so cold. .!

I just bought a new pair of black wellingtons, in preparation for the rainy season. I'm still looking for the perfect coat though. If anyone could suggest a quality label/brand of coats that would be helpful (particularly trench coats or pea coats). Other than that I've been layering like crazy now. Lots of plaid flannel button downs, thick oversize wool + knit sweaters, and zip-up sweatshirts, oversize scarves, wool + opaque leggings, socks w/ ballet flats. . Winter colors: black, grey, navy, w/ splashes of wine, sulfur, and hunter green.

backstage pass

It gets pretty cold in Lithuania (usually about -18 Celcius, but sometimes it can hit even -27). So when the weather is really cold it's very hard to dress up, because you just want not to freeze to death...

30-10-2009
backstage pass

I adore dressing up for the winter... just think its so much more fun and needs a lot more thought than summer... which I enjoy doing. Love spending time having try ons... just seeing how my things go together... I love winter ecause of the luxuary of the fabrics... wrapping up and feeling cosy and warm inside... sinking into soft scarfs and coat colars!

For me its more about the style and the fabrics and the quality of the clothes rather than them even being designer... although usually both go hand in hand. I adore natural fibers only and make a concious effort just to stick to them as they are much warmer than man made stuff. Less is more with me and id def rather pay more for fewer items to get the quality and luxuary... I adore tweed, cashmere, alpaca, merino, fur, lambswool, leather, silk etc for winter... cashmere and fur are my def weeknesses and loves though... have probably more fur than I need but love it so so what! Just love the ratio you get with real fur of warmth against weight and for me it is the ultimate in luxuary!

As for what im wearing this winter to keep warm... its def the country casual look with lots of tweed... especially a wee fitted blazer I got which im adoring. Riding boots are another fav... and lots of scarfs im so big on scarfs... always have been. But as everyone knows layering is so so important... starting of thin with silk down below and working up getting thicker and thicker... also love mixing up the fabrics. Of course wool coats are a must... but one i've bought recently which I love and it can be dressed up to look smart is a fitted ladies barbour jacket... great especially for this Scottish rain!

WSG x

30-10-2009
doldrums

During the fall and winter seasons I wear layers such as a cami, shirt, then a sweater.

I typically wear boots I prefer to wear mid calf and knee high boots.

I have several sweaters ranging from heavy to mid weight. Heavy and chunky sweaters are for colder temperatures.

I have a wool coat and puffer coat. Here the temperatures can drop to very low temperatures and a wool coat won't provide enough warmth for me. My puffer coat was about $30-$35 it's very thick, sturdy and provides enough warmth. For the dirt cheap price I got a great deal.

I prefer knitted hats, gloves and scarf. Believe it or not I hardly wear gloves since my hands are usually stuffed in my pockets. The hat and scarf are a must though. I like long scarfs they provide an extra layer of insulation when I wrap them around my neck.

09-12-2009
backstage pass

Just bumping this thread as I love winter fashion and just wondering what peoples takes are on dressing for being out in the cold this winter... as the cold spell has really hit here in Scotland in the past weeks!

15-12-2009
tfs star

We had first snow yesterday and I'm already freeeeeziiing! I have GAS goose leather jacket, which works for now. The biggest problem is that my feet are always cold. Uggs are good, but I can't wear them when everything is wet and dirty. Do you have any suggestions for warm winter shoes or boots? And not too expensive, I'm totally broke.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cold, dressing, weather, winter