How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-12-2009
front row

Does anybody have a good tip for a winter cap (hat)? I used to hate them but there is really really cold and freezy weather and I just NEED to have something on my head.

15-12-2009
backstage pass

How about a nice cashmere or angora wool bakerboy type hat... can look a bit more stylish than a benie hat... mind you a friend of mine got cashmere benie a while ago then added lots of sequins and sparkly bits onto the bottom inch of it and it actually looks kinda hot! But bakerboy type ones can be good... and can be pulled down over the ears if really cold!

WGS x

16-12-2009
flaunt the imperfection

lalka--
i hadn't worn a beret in YEARS- but i took one out and wore it recently and i have to say...
i'm feeling it!...
:p

but loads of girls round here wear sort of floppy wool beanie thingies...
it's sort of modern grunge...
it's trendy, but it's cute...

maybe try that?

16-12-2009
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
We had first snow yesterday and I'm already freeeeeziiing! I have GAS goose leather jacket, which works for now. The biggest problem is that my feet are always cold. Uggs are good, but I can't wear them when everything is wet and dirty. Do you have any suggestions for warm winter shoes or boots? And not too expensive, I'm totally broke.
i say this all the time...but i'll say it again...
buy a pair of boots that have a lug sole (rubber treads) in a 1/2 size bigger than your usual size and then wear really thick wool camping/hiking socks...
keeps your toes toasty and you still look cute!...

i've got several pairs of boots like this..
and lots of cozy socks!

17-12-2009
backstage pass

Oh those floopy benies are awful... dont go down that route....

Or how about the retro fur hat look! I quite like that jsut now...

But soft grey is right about the beret! Top hat choice... very classic and feminine look and goes with most things!

WSG x

21-12-2009
fashion icon

I find the good thing with a slouchy beanie is that there is enough space at the back for you to have your hair tied back. I quite often will tie my hair up,and a hat won't sit right on,or it'll mess up my hair.

I'm trying to incorporate an old mans flat cap into my warbrobe,not sure what to wear it with yet,but it seems to be keeping my head quite warm.

21-12-2009
backstage pass

^ Man's flat cap... that sounds cool!

Tend not to tie my hair back!

WSG x

21-12-2009
earthbound

We already had an ice storm in Montreal (last week I think?) so if anyone is wearing normal tights it's because they are willing to freeze their ***es off for the sake of fashion. Just yesterday I think I wore three layers of wool sweaters.

21-12-2009
What fresh hell is this.?

^wow that's crazy...

I'll admit to wearing tights even though there are -10 C degrees here, BUT as a layering piece. Worn with above the knee high socks and warm boots.

I second the men's flap cap… I've seen one In h&m that I want, very lumberjack-ish.
But my favourites are berets. They really come in all sorts of colours and materials.

Though some time ago I stumbled across an aviator cap-ish thing at h&m which I bought. It's rather fun I think…

fashion elite

I love wearing silk long underwear for winter-I don't live in a cold climate so it's SO exciting when I go somewhere for Xmas not this time alas.But it's so fun to get into layers, wear a hat and scarf,heavy woolen socks,boots.

22-12-2009
front row

Thanks guys for getting me a tip,I'm planning to try some stuffs which you've recommend.

22-12-2009
rising star

I never have to really deal with snow or really cold weather but I am a little bit unsure of what shoes to get for New York snow. Would Vivienne Westwood Pirate boots stand up to the job or do I need something better? and will I break all of my ankles if I wear booties in the snow season?
I'm not a fan of cold feet or casts.

22-12-2009
fashion icon

There is now snow waist deep in my garden and I have learnt today that there is no outfit on Earth which can make you feel comfortable in that

07-01-2011
V.I.P.

My winter fashion issue is that I have to walk everywhere (I do not own a car), so I never want to wear my 'nice' clothes, especially shoes. It seems as though everything gets ruined. When I'm not walking I have to take public transport, and I never want to wear my nice clothes on that either. Any suggestions for tall, skinny, flat, weatherproof, black leather boots?

08-01-2011
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
My winter fashion issue is that I have to walk everywhere (I do not own a car), so I never want to wear my 'nice' clothes, especially shoes. It seems as though everything gets ruined. When I'm not walking I have to take public transport, and I never want to wear my nice clothes on that either. Any suggestions for tall, skinny, flat, weatherproof, black leather boots?
Ever thought of Wellies? There are some outthere that are nice enough to wear out and they are really warm.
Burberry
London Fog
Hunter
JuJu Wellies
Hunter

ioffer,piperlime,bootpick,sharonrosepixie

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cold, dressing, weather, winter