How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-11-2005
Iva
front row

I'm so crap at this,I usually sacrifice warmth to look nice.
But the one thing I always wear is a scarf,I have a lovely long pea green one.

22-11-2005
backstage pass

I got this hat in Milan (where i froze my head off..) It's cute with to pompoms in strings from the ear-things..BUT..I hate the color, I want a black one!

Does anyone know where I may find it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winter hat.jpg (110.3 KB, 1 views)

22-11-2005
slightly dizzy

^ I love those, I try to find one every winter, but I've never found a perfect one. I should just make one, but I don't really have the time...

23-11-2005
backstage pass

It should be really easy to make one...I have to find some nice little piece of rabbitskin in the sunday-market...

23-11-2005
trendsetter

wow.. this thread is incredibly helpful... considering i just moved from Los Angeles to Boston for the next several academic years... Do you guys think I can survive without a down jacket??? theyre not really my style.... nooo north face.... does anyone know of any alternatives?? Im not a big fan of this chill weather....Im already planning to do my clinical rotations somewhere WARM....

23-11-2005
no photos, no photos

emi--I scored a charcoal shearling hat like yours last year for 9.99.....marked down from 150 and I expensed it to the ad campaign I was shopping for It's sooooo warm it makes my ears sweat.....I it......and it looks like I'm going to have to bust it out over the next few days

elementary.

marcj are you going to be a doctor when you grow up ? . . . . .
down jackts are not necessary . . i've survived w/out one
& i live in a fairly cold place + have super bad circulation {always cold hands + feet}
just wear lots of layers + a 100% WOOL coat . . .
always works for me !

* chris
how the hell was it marked down to 9.99 !
& why does tht never happen to me . . .

Last edited by i_<3_chanel; 23-11-2005 at 04:36 PM.
23-11-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_<3_chanel
marcj are you going to be a doctor when you grow up ? . . . . .
down jackts are not necessary . . i've survived w/out one
& i live in a fairly cold place + have super bad circulation {always cold hands + feet}
just wear lots of layers + a 100% WOOL coat . . .
always works for me !

haha yeah... Im pursuing a Doctor of Pharmacy degree.... I want to be an Infectious Disease Clinical Pharmacist and Research scientist who wears really nice clothes!!!

yeah I have bad circulation too... my arms and hands turn weird orange and purple colors in the cold.... I'll def. take your advice.... I have a great Miu Miu tweed trench coat!

23-11-2005
V.I.P.

Hmm I guess I'd say wear layers too! It can get REALLY cold here in the winter (-45C if its really really cold and with the windchill factor... I think we even reached -50C with that factor once.. COLD I TELL YOU ) so your best bet is to wear layers of warm clothes. Also, quality boots that will keep your feet warm. And obviously, mittens, scarf and a hat.

23-11-2005
slightly dizzy

Like I said before in a similar thread, it gets cold where I live: down to about -15° F/-25° C (sometimes even colder). A good wool coat with a warm sweater underneath is enough if you only walk to and from the subway, sort of, but if you're going to spend a lot of time outside you need to be practical and comfortable first...

23-11-2005
elementary.

yes tott !
there's cold & then there's cold . . .
in tht case fashion can go screw itself . .
i'm talking abt -6/7c . . . not -10+c !

Last edited by i_<3_chanel; 23-11-2005 at 05:07 PM.
23-11-2005
front row

copenhagen gets cold but i have managed without a down jacket. keeping your head warm is really important, although i hate hat-hair. Sometimes I just wear fur ear-muffs.

Also, I love shearling/sheepskin lined boots. But not Uggs - I have found cool vintage sheepskin boots on ebay instead. Sheepskin mittens are also wicked. Unlined leather just doesn't do it.

One thing I hate, but I do when its really cold, is tights under jeans. It just feels . . . wrong.

23-11-2005
ingenue

it's FREEZING here and apparently we're in for a shockingly cold winter...I'm afraid I've fallen into a 'cold slump'. I'm incredibly prone to the cold and once I get a chill I can't get warm, so I've been desperate to keep warm to the point that lately I've just been gratuitously piling on layers without paying much attention to how good it looks. today I did make an effort to get out of the slump, but it really is so hard and I still wasn't warm enough. I keep feeling this need to shop and buy more things to layer with, but even after living in this climate for 3 1/2 years, I still don't feel like I've got the knack of dressing for it.

23-11-2005
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

I wear my summer clothes with big coats n vests...n dresses with tights n boots...thats it..i freeze to death but i cant wear sweaters..it itches me..i wore skinny jeans today and some loubitan pumps n my feet FROZE! but i just cant wear heavy stuff...just cant..lol..

23-11-2005
fashion icon

I'm so glad summer is nearly here!!

In winter to uni I usually wear jeans, sweaters, anything knitted and flats to protect my poor feet. I love wearing fitted long sleeved tops and tights or stockings under vintage dress although, my mum says I look like a crazy woman .

If it gets really, really cold I'll throw my trusty trench on top but luckily it doesn't get as cold here as it does in Europe otherwise I'd be a blueberry!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cold, dressing, weather, winter