How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2005
front row

... I try not to go out in the cold. Brrrr!

But usually a scarf, hat, pea (I think I spelled that right) coat, and leather gloves. ... and a large hot coffee cup in my hand

08-12-2005
V.I.P.

We never have Winter here ...

08-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushka_BeLLa
lucky you!
the only good thing about winter is boots!
and scarfes...
and gloves
oh man now i'm getting all contradictory again..cause when I think about it - it's great to get to use the stuff listed above.. So I guess winter is okay anyway.. but not too much of it, it gets boring and very cold! 2 months of winter max would be great!

09-12-2005
scenester

whenever its cold (albeit CA isn't every THAT cold) I just want to feel comfortable and cozy . So for me it's boots, jeans, thick sweater..if i'm not wearing a turtleneck then i'll wear my scarfs..and over that another lighter jacket. And if it's REALLY freezing then ill bust out my mittens

Kriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushka_BeLLa
You can't imagine how jealous I am! I hate winter with passion, the snow, the cold, the clothes. Spring and autumn are great though!

I always wear opaque tights under my jeans, plus socks. When its really cold then sometimes I forget fashion, like today. I just piled on sweaters and a huge scarf, I was still cold and I was inside. When I'm outside I wear a coat, leather gloves, a warm scarf, warm boots and at the moment I'm searching for the perfect hat, which seem impossible to find.

11-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia
it's FREEZING here and apparently we're in for a shockingly cold winter...I'm afraid I've fallen into a 'cold slump'.
I remember when I moved from North Carolina to Chicago - I was in a permanent "cold slump" all winter!! Not only was it cold, but I rode my bike everywhere - it's hard to look good when it's 20 below zero and even harder when you are riding a bike! Now I live in N. California, so I can't complain.

But it still gets kind of cold. My favorite new thing is merino wool underlayers, they are completely soft and non-itchy, and wearing them under a cute blouse or dress means that you don't have to cover everything up with a sweater to stay warm. I like the ones by "smartwool" because they're 100% wool, no acrylic.

I like everyone else's suggestions!

11-12-2005
front row

I live in a tropical island, so.....only ONE season---summer

11-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose_sg
I live in a tropical island, so.....only ONE season---summer
not fair it's FREEZING here!!!!

I wrap up in like 30000 layers!!!

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
11-12-2005
windowshopping

I layer like crazy! A nice Izod fleece pullover usually goes under my down jacket w/ a beanie and scarf. Nice pair of thick socks and if it's freeeeezing, two pairs of boxers for protection against frostbite.

12-12-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV AgUsTa
I layer like crazy! A nice Izod fleece pullover usually goes under my down jacket w/ a beanie and scarf. Nice pair of thick socks and if it's freeeeezing, two pairs of boxers for protection against frostbite.

Haha! I live really close to you as it turns out, so I know how you feel!!

13-12-2005
front row

Where I live, people really don't care about the way they look. They only wanna feel warm in any kind of way... So when I'm on my daily dog-walks I wear last years Uggs and a really big brown parka (similar to woolrich but without the fur). I NEVER look into the mirror when I'm leaving the house (otherwise I definitely wouldn't go) and my dog really isn't interested in what I'm wearing...

Usually I HATE HATE HATE the cold. I HATE the clothes and so I just don't wear them! It's nearly never snowing, here. So I go for spring and autums collections and freeeeeeeeeze... But a look in the mirror always warms me up . I only add black leather gloves, an angora hat and a big scarf. I love skinny jeans or kneelenght skirts. I wear them with leather boots, but I'll try this legwarmer-thing combined with flats.

I bought a new black Patrizia Pepe cloak a couple of week ago. I had to have it, but it isn't really warm... I think layering is the only thing that'll keep me alive

13-12-2005
front row

I hate the fact that its not so easy to wear dresses and skirts.

Today I am wearing my jeans under a jersey dress, tucked into vintage sheepskin boots.
Under the dress I have a cami and a think poloneck and I have a crocheted cardigan on top.
Its warm but kind of bizarre.

Also, the whole trousers under dress thing used to be kinda trendy here and its not now, so I look a bit out of date.
But who gives a monkeys when its this 'nipple-fresh'???

I think I need some kind of petticoat/underskirt, so I can still wear my lovely skirts . . .

13-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash ho'
I think I need some kind of petticoat/underskirt, so I can still wear my lovely skirts . . .
That is exactly what I'm wearing at the moment. I can absolutely recommend underskirts!

13-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.jade
That is exactly what I'm wearing at the moment. I can absolutely recommend underskirts!
#

Where do you get that from and what kind? Aren't they usually polyester?

13-12-2005
windowshopping

Im always freezing when it snows.
Normally sweaters and pea coats.
Its hard to wear flats, my feet get so cold!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cold, dressing, weather, winter