How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2007
Just keep running...

From mycatwalk.com.au..

Acne Stretch Hex Skinny Leg Jean in Dry Unwashed Black:

01-03-2007
& b

i love raw denim, they're the next best thing to black jeans.

I have a pair of sevens with a thick stitch down the front and back reminiscent of 1940's stockings

Naturellement pulpeuse

Denim's not worth buying if it's not Levi's, 501, and under 5. To me, all this high end stuff runs contrary to everything denim is about.

Just keep running...

I don't think so, I think as with every other aspect of fashion even the old basics get revised now and then. I love how 'grown up' denim has become now, and I think it's earned it's place on the shelves of high-end boutiques. There's certainly a difference in my experience between what you get in a trusty pair of 501's and what you get for your money from top shelf brands, and with the endless variety of denim out there now there's something for everyone and every price point.

I also love how right now in fashion there's a place for any and every style of denim you might favour.. skinny or trouser style, aged or dry, it's all okay if you wear it right, and no matter what denim you choose you can really create your own style! This last point is especially pertinent for dry denim styles, since making them your own is exactly what happens.

13-03-2007
Just keep running...

Does anyone own the Acne jeans I posted above, here?

I'm dying to get them, but am unsure how the sizing compares to Nudie, especially given the tight cut and how the page says the dry denim is thick. If anyone who owns a pair of Acne jeans (whatever style) in this dry black could tell me, I'd be muchly obliged!

13-03-2007
windowshopping

The Flat Head 3001
The Flat Head 3001 (size 29 x 36)

Purchased on January 5th, 2007 at SelfEdge. Worn approx 30-40 days, so one month of wear. One initial cold soak for 2 hours.

Tagged size 29 x 36

Before Soak

Soak

http://skidknee.net/superfuture/flat.../fh_soak_1.jpg
http://skidknee.net/superfuture/flat.../fh_soak_2.jpg
http://skidknee.net/superfuture/flat.../fh_soak_3.jpg

Post Soak

30-40 days of wear

Just keep running...

BRILLIANT, the first wash pics!!!

So with the cold wash did you use any detergent? Was this the first 'Official Wash', or were you hoping to just freshen them a bit whilst losing as little indigo as possible?

The colour after the wash is much nicer, I love how they're sitting behind your knees, they seem to be coming along nicely. Will you do a hotter wash later on, or are you wanting to keep them dark? They look fantastic.. I think I'll try for keeping a darker look on my Tight Long Johns when I wash them.

13-03-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP
BRILLIANT, the first wash pics!!!

So with the cold wash did you use any detergent? Was this the first 'Official Wash', or were you hoping to just freshen them a bit whilst losing as little indigo as possible?

The colour after the wash is much nicer, I love how they're sitting behind your knees, they seem to be coming along nicely. Will you do a hotter wash later on, or are you wanting to keep them dark? They look fantastic.. I think I'll try for keeping a darker look on my Tight Long Johns when I wash them.
Thanks

The cold wash was just water. It was a soak to tighten the fit and fix the inseam and other parts. You can tell by how it hugs by body post-soak.

I think, at nearly 2 months, that the creases are coming along great. I may do a warm/hot soak for 1 hour to get it shrunk back to a tighter fit. So far the indigo looks dark as hell still, and I like it that way.

We'll see in a few months I suppose...

Just keep running...

You're right, they do look tighter post-wash. Is that why you bought such a long inseam, because of the shrink? I know you can pull the inseam back out whilst they're still wet, but I went to a 34" inseam on my Slim Kims thinking that I might let the inseam shrink back a bit to my 33" leg length if I wanted.

Actually I went to a 34" because the 32" were somehow WAY too short, but the 34" measures up at 35". Guess they've given me plenty of room for shrinkage!

Are these the first dry's you've owned?

13-03-2007
windowshopping

It's such a long inseam because that's the set length of most Japanese denim brands. They only make a few lengths, if not only 36" or 38".

The 2 hour soak left it at 35.5", but I am 5'11", and the stack looks good in my opinion.

Tagged length can be deceiving. Mine were measured 37" inseam even though tagged was 36". I own APC New Standards and Dior Homme 19cm black raws as well.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP
Does anyone own the Acne jeans I posted above, here?

I'm dying to get them, but am unsure how the sizing compares to Nudie, especially given the tight cut and how the page says the dry denim is thick. If anyone who owns a pair of Acne jeans (whatever style) in this dry black could tell me, I'd be muchly obliged!
I currently own four pairs of Acne jeans and I can tell you that they run smaller than Nudie. Personally, I do not own a pair of Nudie, they've never caught my interest, but I've tried them on. Acne fits smaller in my opinion.

In fact, if you ask me then Acne jeans are superior to almost any other jeans right now. They are by far my farvorites...

Sidneylo, you're so lucky to have a bathtub in your appartment. Wish I had one...for soaking jeans only, hah.

Last edited by Ali.M; 17-03-2007 at 07:38 AM.
17-03-2007
Just keep running...

Ali.M, thanks so much for that! That's really helped me.. I was going to just get my Nudie size, but since those are so bloody tight when brand new that it takes a few days of wriggling and jiggling to get them to not cut me in half, I'll just go up one. Thanks again!

Now.. how about some pics of your Acne jeans?!

17-03-2007
rising star

Sidneylo-In complete love with your jeans, thanks for such great pics!

08-05-2007
V.I.P.

Oh .. so this is different to other jeans because?? xD I brought a pair of supre jeans for five dollars(total clearnace sale) and oh this is jsut too randomn. SO how is this raw denim different?

09-05-2007
front row

There is a great article in the LA Times today about the denim place to be in LA.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
denim, dry or raw, nudiephile, thread