How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-10-2005
scenester

fashionista-ta
wow you are so smart! well that was almost 2 years ago when that thing with the dry cleaners happenned... so i think it is far too late now. but i will certainly keep that in mind for next time (although i hope it will never happen again) !!!

31-10-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur
fashionista-ta
wow you are so smart! well that was almost 2 years ago when that thing with the dry cleaners happenned... so i think it is far too late now. but i will certainly keep that in mind for next time (although i hope it will never happen again) !!!
Dunno if I'm smart, but I sure don't like being screwed over

31-10-2005
backstage pass

I once cut up a dress my Oma made with scissors and sewed it into a much crappier dress (before I knew how to sew)

It was polyester but so disco - halter top, empire waist, with pucci-print skirt. I has no clue how to sew and just thought anything polyester was automatically crappy. So stupid! Damn teenager with no respect(I think I was 14).

I realized years later what I had done. My Oma says she doesn't care but I still care... I'm so sorry. I wish I still had that dress... now all I have is the matching wrap with the pulled-thread border... still makes me feel bad when I look at it.

Last edited by finalfashion; 31-10-2005 at 04:11 PM.
31-10-2005
mindbottled

I was just heading out to the races (big horse race on in Melbourne today) and i got a flat tyre. Resourceful li'l me leaps out and begins changing the tyre, forgetting she's wearing her new silk Belinda Fairbanks dress and puts oil smudges all over it. I only realized the extent when some drunk girl spilt champagne down my front

01-11-2005
front row

Be careful with any kind of facial scrub or masque.. anything that 'refines' I think can 'refine' the color of your clothing. So much for maroon towels!

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

^ Have discovered that with a sulfur mask too Basically has the effects of bleach

01-11-2005
front row

Oh yeah, and Carbona has a line of several - maybe eight? - different little bottles of stain remover. One's for like 'grass and blood' and another for 'makeup and whatever' and another for 'ink and something else'... so you get the thing that removes whatever you spilled, and they're only a couple to few dollars. The makeup-and-whatever one saved a pair of jeans that wound up wearing serious lipliner (???) after a Sephora visit.

01-11-2005
fashion insider

What perfect timing! My tragedy just occurred minutes ago..

I just told my co-worker about these 2 strange little threads that were poking out of the lining of my coat & stabbing me in my chest...My co-worker saw them & told me they were "bones", inserted into coats to give it shape, and that it's usual for them to stick out (which I had never heard of before)...He pulled one of them out, and I pulled the other one on the other side out too...Now, I have a whole row of said bones sticking out on both sides...I pulled one out, and 3 or 4 more followed, which means I have 2 whole rows of bones sticking out at me...Its really quite uncomfortable and annoying...I'll take it back to the store I bought it from & see what they can do, but if they cant do anything, I wonder how much money it'll fetch on ebay...Sigh!

01-11-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyBrown
What perfect timing! My tragedy just occurred minutes ago..

I just told my co-worker about these 2 strange little threads that were poking out of the lining of my coat & stabbing me in my chest...My co-worker saw them & told me they were "bones", inserted into coats to give it shape, and that it's usual for them to stick out (which I had never heard of before)...He pulled one of them out, and I pulled the other one on the other side out too...Now, I have a whole row of said bones sticking out on both sides...I pulled one out, and 3 or 4 more followed, which means I have 2 whole rows of bones sticking out at me...Its really quite uncomfortable and annoying...I'll take it back to the store I bought it from & see what they can do, but if they cant do anything, I wonder how much money it'll fetch on ebay...Sigh!
You could clip them?

Gunpowder, maybe you should play with the washable markers from now on.

01-11-2005
front row

My one great fashion tragedy was the reason for my one act of conscious cruelty:

Imagine a fourteen-year-old having received her first pair of designer jeans...they fit wonderfully (I was already 5'10 )and I was excited to wear them for school once the weather turned a little cooler.

I place them in my chest of drawers to be stored.

One day, a few weeks following purchase, I open the drawer to find...BABY RODENTS!

A lovely little mommy mouse had decided to use my jeans as fodder for her nest, chewing holes all through them. She then proceeded to give birth in the nest created from my jeans.

What did I do? picked the jeans-nest up (babies included) took them outside, and called the cats.

No salvation for the jeans, though my mom did suggest strategically placed embroidery.

(now you know more about me than you ever wanted to know )

01-11-2005
Power to the 99%

^ Too funny clavdia

Rodents

01-11-2005
flaunt the imperfection

clavdia...that is a very good story...
survival of the fittest baby!!!...

don't mess with the wardrobe...!!!

01-11-2005
front row

I'm glad my actions are understood here...anywhere else I've told this story I've been met with disapproving stares. I guess people don't understand how someone could value rodent babies on a less-PC level.

But hey, cats are way cooler than mice anyway

01-11-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by clavdiachauchat

I'm glad my actions are understood here...anywhere else I've told this story I've been met with disapproving stares. I guess people don't understand how someone could value rodent babies on a less-PC level.

But hey, cats are way cooler than mice anyway
You have come to the right place if you want to avoid the overly-sensitive

Seriously, though, I will coexist with little geckos in my house (I used to catch & release but I accidentally pulled a leg off of a tiny one, so ever since then I just leave them alone), spiders are our friends, I wouldn't think of using pesticides in my yard, but there are a few things that must die: rodents, cockroaches, and grasshoppers. Most especially grasshoppers that are eating my roses

01-11-2005
Power to the 99%

TrophyBrown, I know exactly how you feel ... I have had an underwire fail first thing in the morning & be literally stabbing me in the heart Like I have time to leave work and go bra shopping ...

What happened shouldn't be happening ... if it's a recent purchase, the store should take care of it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
control, damage, fashion, tragedies