How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-10-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

They're a very formal style of trousers so I'm not sure...

I think I'll go with straps, thanks Softie and AYLI!

31-10-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 31 2004, 10:33 AM
I don't want bleached cords, though. What I want and need are chocolate brown corduroys. They were a major cornerstone of my wardrobe!
[snapback]412426[/snapback]
Ewww, yeah. Nevermind. That would look terrible.

14-01-2005
windowshopping

bikini probs..
sorry if this is the wrong section to put this thread in.. i thought this was most suitable.. umm well i bought this new bikini last week.. its white so its double layed and i wore it 2 the beach yesterday.. however when i got home i realised sand had gotten in between the layers and i have no idea how to get it out. ive tried rinsing it.. and spreading it and trying 2 rinse it out but the sand wont come out.. does n e 1 have n e suggestions.. it'd b greatly appreciated.. thanx!!

14-01-2005
front row

Happened the same to me...and the sand is still there! I would appreciate any suggestions too, but I don't think there's a way to remove it...

ingenue

moved to personal style.

14-01-2005
Storm & Sommer

Is the sand very fine at your beach ? If it is, it could be miniscule sandgrains came through the bikini fabric and then I doubt there is anything you can do about it

pinterest : hanneonpin
14-01-2005
trendsetter

Hmm, this is a tricky situation.

I have absolutely not idea. Like Hanne said, it may not be possible.

Just wash it loads and I pray I guess!

14-01-2005
windowshopping

yeah the sand is quite fine.. thats what my friend thinks happened... that it came through with the water and now wont b able to come out.. but i dont understand how if it gets it it cant come back out...?

hmm.. i was thinking of, just on the inside.. on the more meshy fabric, to slit a little hole in that layer, on the edge though.. so i can easily just wash all the sand out.. but wood that make it easier for more sand 2 get in?

25-01-2005
backstage pass

Help! Deodorant stains (not the yellow ones)
Hi guys, I have a serious problem on my hands...

So I've got two Dior Homme shirts that have a white deodorant-caused ring under each arm. Both shirts are black and I think that it is due to the thinness of the material that the deodorant (old spice) has been ground in.

After 3 hot washes in the sink with detergent, there is barely any difference. The slightly thicker shirt has a less noticable ring than the one from Strip.

Today I bought some Didi Seven cleaner to see if I could remove this little bit and after doing a colorfast test (which came out fine), I applied it liberally to the armpits of the Strip tee and the cleaner proceeded to wreck the areas it was applied to. An odd combination of whiteness and splotches of dark green are now around each armpit so... I think my only option here is to re-dye the shirt black. Either that or take a $160 (at least I bought it on sale...) hit.

I'm not about to sacrifice my Follow Me tee so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to remove this strangely cleaning-resistant stain? Should I just put it in the hands of a trusted dry cleaner and see what they can do? What if they mess up the shirt? I just can't risk it that!

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've searched online but have come up relatively empty handed... I've learned to use a clear gel based deodorant now too. The hard way.

Thanks guys,
Albert

25-01-2005
& b

Deodorant stains are a bitch... that happens to me when I stay over at friends houses and use their cheap deodorant...not cheap, but cheap quality... some deodorants contains a high amount of alcohol, which, with body heat/sweat, will permanently stain your garment... If washing the shirts on water (never use hot on dark clothing, it will fade the colours) didn't work, well im sorry to say that there's nothing else to do but to dye the shirt back to black... and to change your Old Spice also...

Hoppity Hop

WARNING: Do any of this at your own risk.

What detergent did you initially use and did you let it sit on the stains for a good 30 minutes before washing? I think Tide Liquid (the "Deep Clean" formula) does a good job. Wash it in the hottest water recommended for the shirt.

And/or try Dawn liquid (for washing dishes). Again, let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash.

Deodorant w/ anti-perspirant hates water. That's the point. That's why it's important to let the detergent sit for a long *** time.

Didi Seven is kind of gimmicky, I always thought.

25-01-2005
rising star

This won't be of any immediate help to your stained shirt problem but next time you find deodorant rubbed off on your shirts, take a pair of pantyhose and roll it up into a ball and then rub it over the area and it will disappear. It sounds weird but when I tried it I found that it worked quite well. Hope you find a solution to your real problem though

25-01-2005
backstage pass

Hmm, thanks everyone for your ideas. I really appreciate it.

If it's permanent, then so be it... I'll just dye the messed up one (aiyaa, I can't even look at it, it's so sad...) back. What brand of black dye is really black? My friend used RIT and it came out a reddish color.

Thanks again everyone,
Albert

26-01-2005
fashion icon

RIT = Rochester Institute of Technology?

hahaha sorry I just had to do that. Sorry I couldn't help ya out there Albert. Solution: DON'T USE DEODORANT! Only showers and cologne for me, Piiiiiiimp!

27-01-2005
tea time

generally black dyes arent truely black as black is a shade and not a colour. and since u have used a product to try and remove the stain or the nature of the stain you may not be able to dye over it. but theres no harm in trying. go into a store that sells dyes and ask them to recomend the best they should know about these products.

hope that helps

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
control, damage, fashion, tragedies